Department of Mechanical Engineering (ME)
Mechanical Engineering (ME) is one of the popular and evergreen branch of engineering. The NorthCap University offers B.Tech Mechanical Engineering and M.Tech Mechanical Engineering programs through which students gain comprehensive knowledge of conventional topics. Being ranked among the top universities in India, NCU in addition to the conventional topics provide students with an opportunity to deep dive into advanced topics like Thermodynamics, Manufacturing Technology, Automobile Systems, Industrial Engineering, 3-D Printing, Rapid Prototyping etc. The physical system that the world uses is designed and developed by the concepts of Mechanical Engineering. The system Automation and Physical Integration goes hand in hand. Hence a Mechanical engineer suits in every field whether it is designing gadgets or designing and automating the physical system. Students can develop careers in the field of software implementation, Automation or core Mechanical Engineering.
At NCU, PhD in Mechanical Engineering program prepares the students to conduct the highest level of research with guidance from experts
To be a preferred destination for national and international students, researchers, teachers, and external stakeholders by providing quality education, nurturing innovative thinking, and promoting a socially relevant research environment in Mechanical Engineering.
- To impart quality education in mechanical engineering and allied engineering branches to develop skilled professionals for careers in industry, academia, and public sector organizations.
- To provide technical knowledge, guidance, and leadership in upcoming challenges faced by industries and society.
- To collaborate with external stakeholders to generate and disseminate knowledge.
- To continuously upgrade the quality of academic resources and infrastructure to impart state-of-the-art knowledge, hands-on experience, and experiential learning to students.
- To nurture a research environment in mechanical engineering and carry out socially relevant research.
- To encourage socially relevant and industry-oriented projects and develop entrepreneurial skills through inter-disciplinary curricular flexibility in the mechanical engineering programs in line with NEP 2020 and other government and national policies.