“Data is a precious thing and will last longer than systems themselves”— Tim Berners-Lee
Data Science is an interdisciplinary field that is capable of extracting insights from shapeless data and convey their findings in a language that their business stakeholders can comprehend. Job Opportunities are in the profile for as a Data Scientists, Data Engineer, Machine Learning Engineer, Data Analyst and NLP Engineer. M-Tech CSE with Data Science specialization offers students with theoretical and practical knowledge of computational tools that are the need of real world applications such as health sector, banking sector, agriculture, linguistics, bioinformatics, economics, education, social network analysis etc. The curriculum lays the foundation of Data Science including Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Big Data, Natural Language Processing etc. Further, it includes a research thesis project as part of the program which provides you with an opportunity to focus on area of your interest.
Market Trends of Data Science:
- Data Analytics Market is expected to grow at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 30.08% from 2020 to 2023, which would equate to $77.6 billion
- The global big data and business analytics market was valued at $168.8 billion in 2018 and is forecasted to grow up to $274.3 billion by 2022 at a CAGR of 13.2%.
- Overall, the analytics industry currently accounts for almost 21% of the whole IT/ITeS industry in India.
- Around 22,000 freshers were added to analytics workforce in India this year; up from 16,000 freshers last year. Hiring for freshers has increased by 37%.
Unique Selling Points of the Specialization:
- The program is designed for those who want to extend their technical and programming skills in analysing, visualizing and predicting future trends in data.
- Industry-oriented curriculum which enables the students to prepare for technical careers in developing applications and providing help in decision-making processes to the business with a focus towards applying machine learning knowledge for the business profits.
- AI-driven technology can help businesses save money by streamlining inventory management, making production more efficient, and predicting equipment breakdowns before they happen.
- Machine learning techniques to automatically find the valuable underlying patterns and predict future events and perform all kinds of complex decision making.
- Hands on Big Data Technology like Hadoop, Dask, Spark, Hive etc. through Cloud platform helps in taking better business decisions as well as the future steps to enhance organizations productivity.
- Industry aligned curriculum, designed by Industry Experts with hands on experience
- Well-trained and qualified faculty
- Project Guidance and Mentoring by Industry Experts
- Active participation of faculty and students in competitions
- Blended Learning 24 * 7
- Well Equipped Labs for hands on learning
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To provide technical expertise in Computer Science & Engineering and infuse soft skills in our students to facilitate them professionally.
- To transform graduates into industry-ready professionals and competent researchers.
- To imbibe high standard of ethical and professional conduct, positive attitude, team spirit and societal responsibilities.
- To up skill our students and tune them for performing efficiently in various roles of their social, professional and ethical obligations.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Scholarship of Knowledge: Acquire in-depth knowledge of specific discipline or professional area, including wider and global perspective, with an ability to discriminate, evaluate, analyse and synthesise existing and new knowledge, and integration of the same for enhancement of knowledge.
- Critical Thinking: Analyse complex engineering problems critically, apply independent judgement for synthesising information to make intellectual and/or creative advances for conducting research in a wider theoretical, practical and policy context.
- Problem Solving: Think laterally and originally, conceptualise and solve engineering problems, evaluate a wide range of potential solutions for those problems and arrive at feasible, optimal solutions after considering public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental factors in the core areas of expertise.
- Research Skill: Extract information pertinent to unfamiliar problems through literature survey and experiments, apply appropriate research methodologies, techniques and tools, design, conduct experiments, analyse and interpret data, demonstrate higher order skill and view things in a broader perspective, contribute individually/in group(s) to the development of scientific/technological knowledge in one or more domains of engineering.
- Usage of Modern Tools: Create, select, learn and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Collaborative and Multidisciplinary Work: Possess knowledge and understanding of group dynamics, recognise opportunities and contribute positively to collaborative-multidisciplinary scientific research, demonstrate a capacity for self-management and teamwork, decision-making based on open-mindedness, objectivity and rational analysis in order to achieve common goals and further the learning of themselves as well as others.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply the same to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, manage projects efficiently in respective disciplines and multidisciplinary environments after consideration of economical and financial factors.
- Communication: Communicate with the engineering community, and with society at large, regarding complex engineering activities confidently and effectively, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation by adhering to appropriate standards, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Life-long Learning: Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in life-long learning independently, with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to improve knowledge and competence continuously.
- Ethical Practices and Social Responsibility: Acquire professional and intellectual integrity, professional code of conduct, ethics of research and scholarship, consideration of the impact of research outcomes on professional practices and an understanding of responsibility to contribute to the community for sustainable development of society.
- Independent and Reflective Learning: Observe and examine critically the outcomes of one’s actions and make corrective measures subsequently, and learn from mistakes without depending on external feedback.
Programme Specific Outcomes
PSO 1 Acquire deep knowledge of Computer Science & Engineering with specialized areas of Data Science and Cyber Security.
PSO 2 Identify research areas and provide solutions to complex engineering problems for the advancement of society.
PSO 3 Enable the students for premium National/International jobs, pursue research career, entrepreneurship and to become responsible global citizens.