If you think that the internet has changed your life, think again. The Internet of Things is about to change it all over again!” as said Mr. Brendan O’Brien, Chief Architect & Co-founder of Aria Systems, clearly sums up the story about the future and rightly explains why all this hype around the Internet of Things & 5G. The IoT is when everyday products such as refrigerators, watches, speakers and more connect to the internet and to one another. 5G is said to be 10 times quicker than current LTE networks. The increased speed of 5G will enable faster data interchange and communication amongst IoT devices.
B-Tech CSE with Internet of Things & 5G specialization offers students with theory and practice to enable them to understand and implement IoT-based applications. The curriculum lays the foundation of IoT &5G fundamentals covering all major three distinct stages:
- Sensors which collect data (including identification and addressing the sensor/device).
- An application which collects and analyzes this data for further consolidation.
- Decision making and the transmission of data to the decision-making server. Analytical engines and Big data may be used for the decision making process.
- The role of 5G in enabling quicker data exchange and connectivity amongst IoT devices.
With our regular industry-academia interaction, we provide appropriate tools, solutions and recommendations for understanding of IoT & 5G.
- IoT Data analytics
- IoT Hardware engineer
- Embedded Programs Engineer
- IoT Architect
- IoT Developer
- Network Engineer
- Application Engineer
- Cloud Architect (IoT)
- IoT Infrastructure Architect
- IoT Solution Architect
- IoT System Administrator
- Java Developer (IoT & M2M)
- Development Engineer (IoT PaaS)
- Research Director -Information Assurance and IoT Security
- Cyber Engineer
- IoT Developer
- IoT Cloud software developer
- Big Data Lead (IoT)
- HCL Technologies
- Hindustan UniLiver Ltd.
- ITC Limited
- JP Morgan
- Mahindra & Mahindra ltd
- Tata Consultancy
- Proctor & Gamble
- Tata ELXSI
- Tech Mahindra
- Infosys Technologies
- And many more++
- Proficiency in Microcontrollers, sensors
- Understanding of IoT & 5G Architecture and Communication models
- Proficiency in dynamic and robust programming language – Python
- Interfacing of sensors, actuators
- IoT & 5G framework/platform, Hardware
- Protocols for IoT & 5G
- Gateway computing
- Connecting to cloud, analyze and visualize data
- Security and Industrial IoT
- Secure data transfer from device to device
- Machine Learning and AI with IoT& 5G Devices
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To provide an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science and create a foundation of lifelong learning to facilitate progressive careers in industry and in pursuit of higher studies.
- To equip our students with technical and analytical skills to develop innovative solutions to complex real life problems using existing and novel technologies.
- To equip our students with sufficient communication & interpersonal skills, multi-disciplinary teamwork, and leadership skills to enable them to fulfil professional responsibilities.
- To expose them to various contemporary issues which will enable them to become ethical and responsible towards themselves, co-workers, the Society, and the Nation.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet a specific requirement with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations for the complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues, and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Professional Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, making effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work being a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broad context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1 Understand the fundamental concepts of Computer Science & Engineering with specialized engineering knowledge in the areas of data science, artificial intelligence, full stack, web development, gaming, augmented reality and virtual reality.
- PSO 2 Design and Integrate hardware and software systems in the areas of IOT, cloud computing, cyber security with strong emphasis on lifelong learning to create feasible engineering solutions for the advancement of society.
- PSO 3 Enable the students for premium National/International jobs, higher education, and entrepreneurship and to become responsible global citizens.