The three-year LL.B. degree programme draws upon the interests of students and expertise of faculty to offer a unique programme amalgamating course elements of law and liberal studies into one. The curriculum for the 3-year degree is designed to equip students with professional knowledge of law. The forward-thinking curriculum includes significant flexibility so that students enjoy a deeper and more professionally focused degree with accurate international, historical, economic, and social context of the 21st century. In this programme, graduates from diverse fields will be able to enhance their knowledge as well as acquire their acumen of law. The scheme is in tune with the legal education rules formulated by the Bar Council of India and in compliance with UGC norms. The programme is designed to hone certain specialised skill sets of the students namely: disciplined approach to acquire knowledge and skill in legal domain, broad knowledge of the wider world and in-depth study in the subject, marketable people skills, sense of social & civic responsibility etc.
Why Three year LL.B programme in The NorthCap University?
- Alternative career options: Since there is no upper age limit, the three-year LLB programme offers the possibility for the professionals from diverse fields to pursue the law degree as well as offers them the chance to pursue an alternative career
- Graduates from all disciples can apply: The minimum eligibility for admission is 50% marks in graduation, graduates from several disciplines can apply
- Opportunities for growth: Prospect for the working professionals to enhance their existing careers
- Varied employment opportunities: The three year LL.B offers many employment opportunities including but not limited to litigation, in-house counsel, legal researcher, judicial officer etc.
- Designing of Law School Curriculum to keep student’s industry ready: The entire course structure is regularly reviewed and updated to keep pace with the fast-changing technology and skills, ensuring international competitiveness.
- Inter-disciplinary approach in Law: The Integrated Programme provides the students with an exposure to a wide range of courses having a combination of law, and technology, which enhances their employability skills in the present scenario.
- Choice Based Electives: School of Law offers choice-based electives in the law programme. The students can choose from among a wide range of subjects to suit their areas of interests.
- Opportunity to learn Foreign Languages: In addition to regular course curriculum, the students are given an opportunity to learn various foreign languages such as, French, German and Spanish. This increases a law graduate’s ability to widen his/ her horizon in the legal profession at a global level.
- Teaching pedagogy: use of audio-visual resources for classroom teaching, interactive sessions with experts, debates on current affairs, industrial visits, moot courts etc. are some of the compulsory components in all the law courses.
- Learning management system: NCU holds the platform of a learning management system whereby students are provided with resources and assignments in addition to classroom activities.
- Blended learning experience through exposure to online MOOC courses and other online forum etc.
- Faculty with academic excellence from reputed National Law Universities (NLUs), Central Universities and other reputed Universities.
- Regular Industry interactions and association with experts
- A vibrant Mooting Culture: Apart from maintaining a strong internal mooting structure, the Moot Court Society at NCU hosting annually, the NCU Law School National Moot Court Competition. Such activities culminate in honing the advocacy skills of young learners.
- Hands on training on Client Consultation – Law School has imbibed an enriched culture of holding national client consultation competitions annually.
- Communication and Leadership Skills: In association with a dedicated Centre for Language Learning, the law students get a unique exposure to hone their communication and leadership skills through series of training programmes, workshops etc. apart from courses on Effective Communication.
- Pro- Active Legal aid services in association with District Legal Services Authority Gurugram and Delhi
- Structured Internship Programme & Placement: NCU Facilitates internship right from working in the grass root level through NGOs to law Firms, Courts and Tribunals. With a dedicated school of professional attachment in place, the students have made their presence in reputed law firms, public sector undertakings, litigation, international organizations etc. apart from being selected in reputed academic institutions across the world for pursuing higher studies.
- Strong Alumni connect: Having the advantage of a strong alumni network, the law students get the opportunity to learn and experience the challenges encountered by them in the contemporary legal professions.
- Personalised Grooming with Mentor and Mentee Schemes
- Regular student counselling and career guidance
- Fee concessions, scholarships, and other recognitions – NCU offers Fee-Concession and Scholarships to all meritorious students every year as well as students on Merit-cum-Means basis.
- Sophisticated infrastructure facilities – with well-equipped classrooms, sports and other infrastructural resources for co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Integrating Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities for the overall growth of a student.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Upon completion of Three year LL.B programme, a student will acquire knowledge and skills necessary to obtain a professional position or pursue a post-graduate degree in a variety of fields such as Constitutional Law, Corporate Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Human Rights etc. Students will enhance their career prospects by integrating an awareness of sustainability solutions with their domain of specific knowledge.