The NorthCap University’s MBA program equips a person with new professional skills and broadens the perspective so that one can take high-level responsibilities. It aims at developing the entrepreneurial and managerial skills of a person. As a top Management College in NCR region, our NCU – SOM will provide a platform for students to learn, understand and develop a holistic approach to the application of management theory and practice for real-life problem-solving in an increasingly global, technology-oriented, diverse and dynamic business environment. Management graduates desirous of self-employment will be able to start their business ventures or demonstrate their intrapreneurial capabilities for their employer organization, with a degree from one of the best colleges in India for MBA.
MBA is an internationally accepted masters (post-graduate) level degree programme that
- imparts a strong theoretical foundation in business management concepts
- provides practical opportunities (via internships, group assignments and individual projects) to test what students learn in the class
- builds hard-skills in the areas of management and leadership
- polishes a range of soft-skills like communication, motivation and negotiation
- opens up global opportunities for career growth
- allows MBA students to start an independent business after graduating
MBA programme with dual specialization provides students with an opportunity to pursue two different areas in the management field. Through this, the student can showcase an array of skills and knowledge in various industry domains. As the demand for an MBA has been increasing, there is now a wide range of subjects for students to choose from. The scope of a Dual specialization in MBA is vast, where everyone is looking for the best MBA with Dual Specialization.MBA Dual Specialization provides students with an opportunity to pursue two different areas in the management field.
These specializations are commonly referred to as majors. Students have the option of choosing or opting for the combination of their choice in the second half of their programme i.e. the second year with dual specialization.
The programme offers choice based specializations to MBA students as under
- Human Resource Management
- Business Analytics
An MBA in Marketing has become one of the most desired degrees by both students and employers in recent years. With the shift to digital and online marketing, most businesses now have their own, in-house marketing teams specializing in bringing traffic and customers to the company. The marketing function involves the following multi-dimensional tasks such as analyzing consumer behavior and selecting markets, product and brand management, managing distribution, marketing channels and retailing, digital marketing, integrated marketing communications, pricing, marketing research and developing marketing strategies and plans.
A buffet of various jobs in industries such as retail, banking, hospitality, media, information technology (IT) and information technology enabled services (ITES), and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) is lavishly spread for MBA students with marketing specialization. Jobs are available which lead to titles such as brand manager, content marketer, sales manager, marketing manager, product manager, market research analyst, media planner, internet marketing manager etc.
MBA in Finance is one of the most preferred MBA specializations which provides skills in Financial Management, Corporate Financial Planning, Corporate Acquisitions & Mergers, Accounting, and Banking. MBA Finance syllabus is designed in a way that enables the students to analyze Financial Reports, Forecast financial and economic trends, making stock profitable, making a balance approach between risk and profitability, managing and maximizing investment portfolio with minimum risk factor. Private Equity Companies, Corporates, Banks, Asset Management Companies, and Insurance Companies are some of the top recruiters of MBA Finance graduates.
Finance specialization enables students to build their career for profiles like finance manager, financial analyst, credit analyst, investment banking associate, portfolio manager, credit risk manager, hedge fund manager etc.
Human Resource Management
Human Resource Managers play a vital role in every organization, that of managing the effective functioning of the workforce. It focuses on functions like human resource planning, recruitment, selection, training, performance management, employee engagement, motivation, retention of employees and much more. An HR manager has to Create opportunities and attract talent, Hire and train talented personnel, Provide opportunities for professional development, Maintain a good work culture, Foster good employee relations, Resolve conflicts, Offer meaningful rewards and incentives. Some of the jobs that students with an MBA degree in HR Management can grow to are Compensation Manger, Manager of Employee Relations, HR Generalist, Technical Recruiter, Director of Staff, Placement Manager, Training and Relations Manager, Organizational Consultant and more.
An MBA with specialization in Business Analytics will provide a platform to students to learn, understand and develop Excel, SQL, Tableau moving to advanced tools like R, Python data science machine learning. It captures the full analytics spectrum, including data management, data analytics, and decision analytics. The students will learn how to make strategically sound recommendations and data-driven business decisions—exactly what cutting-edge companies around the world need.
It is a comprehensive programme that covers the latest analytics tools and techniques along with their business applications. The topics would be covered in a practical and hands-on manner with real world case studies to enable participants to succeed in business roles using data analytics.
- Well Qualified FacultyThe school has well qualified faculty members with PhD from reputed institutions like MDI, D.U., IIIT, Jamia Millia, IIT along with industry exposure.
- Industry InterfaceStudents are provided platforms for industry interaction through guest lectures, industrial visits and seminars. This helps them to relate classroom learning with real life business situations.
- Industry Driven CurriculumOur curriculum is designed keeping in mind the industry expectations i.e. updated as per the market demands. This is done in consultation with experts from the industry and academia. Core curriculum is supplemented with MOOCs.
- Student Mentoring & GuidanceStudents are given individualized attention through the mentoring program of SOM. Each faculty regularly holds mentoring sessions in order to help the students in their personal and professional development.
- Community ServiceStudents are encouraged to actively participate in community service. They undertake relevant projects in collaboration with different NGOs like CRY, Agewell, Goonj.
- Smart ClassroomsStudents are provided excellent learning infrastructure facilities including access to licensed software, SMART classes, library & electronic resources, ergonomically designed classrooms.
- Holistic DevelopmentWe emphasize on students’ all round development through different clubs and committees focusing extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
- Research & PublicationsThe faculty members are continuously engaged in research activities resulting in good quality publications. They have publications in national & international refereed journals as well as case publications in Harvard.
- Student Placements100% placement assistance is provided to interested and eligible students.
- Incubation centreUniversity has incubation centre to guide students for start ups
- Focus on Co curricular and Extra curricular activitiesCo curricular and extra co curricular activities focus on improving learning and developing skills among students.
- Peer TutoringPeer Tutors are outstanding NCU students who guide, encourage, and support other students in their learning process. All tutors are recommended by NCU faculty.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Our PEOs describe the expected accomplishments of the management graduates during the first few years after completing their degree programme.
- MBA graduates should be well prepared for successful employment and be engaged in learning, understanding and holistic application of management theory and practice for real life problem solving in an increasingly global, technology oriented, diverse and changing business environment. (Employability)
- Management graduates desirous of self-employment should be able to start their own business ventures or demonstrate their entrepreneurial capabilities for their employer organization. (Entrepreneurship)
- Management graduates with academic interest and aptitude should be actively pursuing advanced studies and engaged in research, teaching-learning or consultancy assignments. (Higher studies, Academics and Research)
- Management graduates will become well informed, ethical and committed corporate citizens contributing to the management profession and the community in an effective manner. (Well informed, Ethical and Committed Professionals)
Programme Outcomes (POs)
By the end of the MBA program the students should be able to:
- Apply the knowledge of functional areas of business management, economics, technology and law for integrative solutions to complex management problems. (Multidisciplinary Knowledge)
- Communicate effectively in different business contexts and situations so as to be able to receive and give clear instructions, comprehend, write reports, prepare documentation and make effective presentations. (Verbal and Witten Communication)
- Function effectively as an individual and as a team member in diverse and multidisciplinary settings (Individual and teamwork)
- Apply a variety of organizing, planning, controlling, and team building and communication skills for effective management and leadership of organizations. (Managerial and Leadership Skills).
- Develop business awareness through continuous study of newspapers, periodicals, journals and digital media and develop the ability to assess and evaluate competitive business environment. (Awareness of Business Environment)
- Demonstrate IT knowledge and skills for efficient and effective business processes and develop innovative methods of applying IT and e-commerce for competitive advantage. (IT proficiency)
- Explore various business ideas, develop business plans, understand regulatory requirements, and locate sources of finance and other resources to start new business ventures. (Entrepreneurial Skills)
- Demonstrate ethical conduct in personal and professional decisions and appreciation of business ethics and social responsibility and environmental concerns in the decision-making process of modern-day businesses. (Professional Ethics, Environmental Concerns & Social Responsibility)
- Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning. (Life-long Learning)
Programme Specific Outcomes
- Ability to learn and understand the management theory and practices to give a strong foundation in dynamic global, technology oriented and diverse business environment through basic concepts of courses like Marketing, Human Resource, Finance, Entrepreneurship, Business Analytics and Industry internships etc.
- Ability to gain holistic approach towards strategic decision making by preparing the MBA graduates who are able to identify, model and solve decision problems in different settings across the various functional domains of Management by applying acquired knowledge to interpret results/solutions and identify appropriate courses of action for a given managerial situation whether a problem or an opportunity.
- Nurturing industry ready professionals with business, research acumen and entrepreneurial skills, who shall hold high degree of human values and social consciousness in their professional and personal lives by understanding the social, economic, political, technological, and ecological environment of modern society and its characteristic values, which creates employability through effective classroom and project based and experiential learning.
Syllabi and Course Outcomes (2021-22)
Schemes of Study 2022-2023
Schemes of Study 2021-2022
Schemes of Study 2020-2021
Schemes of Study 2019-2020