Aim of B.A. (Hons) Economics programme is to equip students with firm foundation of knowledge in advanced Macro and Micro Economics theory, Research Methodology, Development and Growth Economics, Econometric Models, Mathematical Economics and many more. The programme equips students with analytical, research and decision making skills besides developing national and international perspective. These skills set are much valued by employers and hence graduates of economics play a vital role in organizations. We produce students who are ready for opportunities in the market, be it Corporate Sector, Public Sector, Non-Governmental/ Social Sector or have a desire to pursue higher studies in Economics or related disciplines.
On completing this course: –
1. Graduates can join professional career in fields of IES, Economics Analyst, Statistical Analyst, Banking, finance service, research and consultancy in private as well as Govt. owned companies of repute in India and abroad, in case of B.A. (Hons) in Economics.
2. Graduates can pursue a relevant post-graduate study such as MBA, MBE, MA, M.Com, MFC and other professional courses.
3. Graduates will be informed and involved members of their communities, and responsible professionals.
By the end of the program, the students should be able to: –
1. Articulate multiple principles, concepts, and theoretical perspectives central to understanding complex international issues relating to various sectors and in various domains.
2. Formulate effective responses to specific interdisciplinary problems.
3. Connect their personal beliefs to their professional practice.
4. Prepare themselves for multiple careers and learn other careers not aware of before.
5. Be Industry ready.
6. Write and speak professionally for diverse audiences.
7. Develop key critical thinking skills.
8. Enhance their creativity level.
9. Get high chance of becoming top decision makers of an organization.
10. To face the VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complex and Ambiguity) environment through teaching pedagogy.
11. Programs are an integration of qualitative (Art, culture) and quantitative (Stat, Quant) to make it intensive, relevant and with liberal approach.
1) 10+2 (English Medium) examination conducted by CBSE
Or equivalent examination from a recognized board in any stream with an overall aggregate of min 50% (Economics/Maths is mandatory, 50% marks in either of subjects)
2) IB candidates should have score of minimum 24
Selection will be based on merit of
10+2 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education equivalent examination from a recognized board (IB/ICSE)
|Bachelor of Arts (BA) – Economics (Hons.)||30|
Hostel Fee (where applicable) Rs. 60,000/- per semester
|% of Tuition Fees as Scholarship||Eligibility (For CBSE as per percentage score in applicable subjects by program. Normalised Scores will be taken for other Boards with respect to CBSE )||SAT Score (Conducted by The College Board)||Scores in IB Diploma Programme|
|100%||CBSE: 99.1% and above||1500+||43-45|
|50%||CBSE: 95.1% <= 99||1401 – 1500||41-42|
|25%||CBSE: 90.1% <= 95||1301 – 1400||32-40|
|10%||CBSE: 85% <= 90||1200 – 1300||28-31|
*Limited Scholarships available in each category on first come serve basis.
*For CBSE as per percentage score in applicable subjects by program. Normalised Scores will be taken for other Boards with respect to CBSE)