The LL.M. (Master of Laws) Programme at NCU Law School is a one-year degree programme with specializations in Corporate Law, Human Rights Law and Intellectual Property Rights. The programme is designed to facilitate law graduates to explore opportunities in teaching and research apart from enhancing their knowledge for professional growth. The students of the programme comprise of lawyers, government officials, researchers etc. The diversity among students contributes significantly to the educational experience of all students at the School. The specializations are offered taking into account the requirements of the contemporary challenges in legal profession.
Litigation, Corporate jobs, Legal Firms, Academics/Teaching, Research Associates, Judiciary, Legal Advisors at PSU’s.
- The School has designed a Research based Curriculum for LL.M which facilitates students to take up various research projects of contemporary relevance.
- The Programme provides reasonable flexibility giving an exciting opportunity to the working professionals to pursue higher education.
- Specialization in specific area of law opens up new avenues for the students to pursue their career.
- Opportunity to interact with Industry Experts and specialized Trainers in the field of interest.
- Blended learning experience through exposure to online MOOC courses and other online forum etc.
- The curriculum helps in preparing and qualifying competitive examinations such as UGC-NET, SLET, Judicial Examinations etc.
- Value added courses such as Research Methodology gives the students the foundation to hone their research skills.
- The School offers training for teaching assistantship to the LL.M. students in their final semester – a step towards taking up teaching as a career option.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To inculcate research skills and analytical abilities in students.
- In addition to classroom training imparted through innovative teaching methods, the programme is focused on self-learning and research conducted by the students under the supervision of the faculty.
- To intimately nurture the talent of the students by a team of distinguished Judges, Legal Practitioners and Consultants, Social Activists, Corporate Counsels, and Faculty Members of law schools across the country.
- To encourage extensive research into the Law as exemplified by best practices translating it into practical application to real and relevant problems in society, business, government and all aspects of societal life.
- Enhance students’ understanding of their own individual strengths and weaknesses to facilitate self-assessment.
- Continuously updating themselves in areas and technologies that are relevant to their career, participate in personal development and increasing their understanding of matters that are current and important to society at national and international levels.
Programme Outcome (POs)
- Develop a textured, empirical understanding of how law and legal institutions operate in Indian society.
- To equip with knowledge, passion and drive to excel as leaders in the legal profession, judiciary, public service, non-profit & non-governmental organizations, entrepreneurships, and corporate entities through internship programmes.
- The students are able to recognize the need for identifying contemporary issues due to changing scenario by participating in classroom debates, special lectures and moot court exercises on latest cases.
Programme Specific Outcome
The post-graduates of LL.M Programme will be able to attain the following:
PSO 1- Meaningful contribution to academic research
The students shall be able to demonstrate exhaustive understanding of crucial aspects of corporate law and human rights law and contribute meaningfully in their respective domains.
PSO 2- Ability to address legal problems
The students shall be able to analyze the legal problems from a scholarly perspective and work towards finding solutions to the problems by application of laws and regulations.
PSO 3 – Enrichment of skills in Legal Drafting
To develop the skill of drafting or art of framing various plaints, petitions, writ, and other legal communications using appropriate formats with clarity to represent his/ her clients competently.