M.Tech (2 years)
A well – balanced, industry driven and research aligned curriculum that ensures integrating theory with real-world applications. Holistic pedagogy and emphasis on development of additional technical skills helps students to head start their career in core industries.
PG Diploma – Exit option after one year for PG Diploma in relevant specialization
Note: Refer to the relevant scheme
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
M.Tech in Construction Engineering and Management (3 years Part-Time) program is an interdisciplinary program that focuses on the knowledge & skills required for several domains. It includes planning, coordination, and successful implementation of large projects such as design and construction of structures and buildings, ship structures, aircraft, dams, roads, and bridges, etc. It is a fusion of engineering and management. At NCU India, the M.Tech program in Construction Engineering and Management is designed to give students an insight into the scientific principles involved in the successful execution and management of construction projects. As the premium Civil Engineering institute in Delhi NCR, we strive to ensure that the latest technological trends and hands-on software training in construction management are integral parts of the program. We aim to be among the best Civil Engineering colleges in India, and subsequently, the courses offered as part of the program are designed with a professional outlook towards the development of engineering and managerial skills of the graduates.
Market trends of Construction Engineering and Management
- Employment of construction managers is projected to grow 10 percent over the next ten years, faster than the average for all occupations. Construction managers are expected to be needed to oversee the anticipated increase in construction activity over the coming decade.
- Bureau of Labour Statistics has set the average salary of a construction manager of about $23,000 a year. All over the world, the demand for construction managers is expected to grow by 20 times in the next ten years. In India, a construction manager can expect an average salary of INR 8.5 Lakh per annum.
- The desire for project support through smart project management tools software is growing day by day.
- The Construction Management Association of America awards the Certified Construction Manager (CCM) designation to workers who have the required experience and who pass a technical exam.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is increasingly ensuring greater efficiency in construction management domain [source: AI in the building industry]. Artificial neural networks help in predicting cost overruns. Furthermore, forecast models calculate realistic time constraints for project control.
Unique Selling Points
- Industry ready curriculum ensures learning of cutting-edge technologies which helps the students to head start their career in core industries such as DLF, COWI India Private Ltd., Egis India, Mott MacDonald etc.
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty with extensive academic and research experience. Opportunity to work with faculty on various projects of the department.
- State-of-the-art labs with accreditation from National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) are readily available for hands-on practical work.
- Exposure and involvement in specialized industries for internship and thesis work. Mentoring and guidance provided by industry experts.
- Strong alumni connect help the students in their career guidance.
- MOU’s with various Industries in the field of Construction Managemen Guest lectures and hands-on training by different industry experts.
- Teaching Assistantship to GATE qualified students as also provided by university.
- Specially designed Part Time programme with online classes facility for working professionals.
- Project Manager
- Construction Manager
- Design Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Planning Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Field Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Quantity Surveyor
- Project Document Controller
- Scheduler/Scheduling Engineer
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To provide extensive knowledge of Civil & Environmental Engineering for professional development and other creative & innovative pursuits of science and technology.
- To provide sustainable, economical and environmentally sound solutions to civil engineering problems to satisfy the needs of the society and industry at national and global level.
- To develop communication, interpersonal and effective project management skills to work in a team effectively and conduct themselves ethically in their professional environment.
- To develop technical competence in the fields of Civil & Environmental engineering through new and advanced courses and provide an environment for technology-related research programs for faculty, staff and students.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes
- Ability to analyse and understand sustainable construction techniques and practices.
- To conceptualize the knowledge of scientific principles involved in the successful execution and management of construction projects.
M.Tech Civil Scheme 2022-2023