MTech in Design Engineers is required in almost every Research and Development sector be it automobile, aerospace, shipping, construction, ICE design, medical equipment, sports gears, and office accessories, etc., making it one of the best specializations to choose when getting a mechanical engineering course admission in Gurgaon. At the NCU, persons with P.G. Degree in Design Engineering gives an opportunity to carry out extensive research on the latest design trends, market values, safety, texture, shape, safety weight, and materials to be used before designing a product, with one of the top mechanical engineering colleges in India.
Market Trends of Mechanical Engineering Design
- Mechanical design engineering is now becoming a major hub in manufacturing and production industry and provides many career options.
- Product design and agile design is the most upcoming area in design engineering
- Design engineers are needed for Industry 4.0, automation and smart machines
Unique Selling Points of the Specialization
- Aerospace and automotive industries
- computing and software development
- Engineering services and consultancies
- Opportunities in industrial and domestic product manufacturers, process industries, pharmaceuticals, food and cosmetics, oil and gas industries, including petrochemical industries, transport and highways industries.
- Research oriented curriculum with focus on publication of research articles
- Market driven curriculum, updated periodically in consultation with experts from industry and academia.
- State-of-the-art laboratory facility (CAD Lab, IC Engine, Vibration labs, CoE and others) for understanding and undertaking quality research work.
- Efficient and highly qualified faculty members nurturing students for their future endeavours.
- Flexibility in choosing courses to facilitate industry placement and admission in Universities abroad.
- Outstanding industry-academia interaction through expert sessions, industrial visits, internships, professional societies and workshops.
- Emphasis on holistic development of students through promotion of co-curricular activities and professional societies in the department.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To impart quality education in Mechanical engineering for making our students industry and research competent.
- To develop an ability to analyze problems, understand the technical requirements, design and creating and delivering effective engineering solutions.
- To imbibe high standard of ethical and professional conduct, positive attitude, team spirit and societal responsibilities.
- To equip our students to effectively communicate technical and non-technical information in speech, presentation, and in writing.
- To up skill our students and tune them for performing efficiently in various roles of their social, professional and ethical obligations.
Programme Outcome (POs)
- Scholarship of Knowledge: Acquire in-depth knowledge of specific discipline or professional area, including wider and global perspective, with an ability to discriminate, evaluate, analyse and synthesise existing and new knowledge, and integration of the same for enhancement of knowledge.
- Critical Thinking: Analyse complex engineering problems critically, apply independent judgement for synthesising information to make intellectual and/or creative advances for conducting research in a wider theoretical, practical and policy context.
- Problem Solving: Think laterally and originally, conceptualise and solve engineering problems, evaluate a wide range of potential solutions for those problems and arrive at feasible, optimal solutions after considering public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental factors in the core areas of expertise.
- Research Skill: Extract information pertinent to unfamiliar problems through literature survey and experiments, apply appropriate research methodologies, techniques and tools, design, conduct experiments, analyse and interpret data, demonstrate higher order skill and view things in a broader perspective, contribute individually/in group(s) to the development of scientific/technological knowledge in one or more domains of engineering.
- Usage of modern tools: Create, select, learn and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Collaborative and Multidisciplinary work: Possess knowledge and understanding of group dynamics, recognise opportunities and contribute positively to collaborative-multidisciplinary scientific research, demonstrate a capacity for self-management and teamwork, decision-making based on open-mindedness, objectivity and rational analysis in order to achieve common goals and further the learning of themselves as well as others.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply the same to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, manage projects efficiently in respective disciplines and multidisciplinary environments after consideration of economical and financial factors.
- Communication: Communicate with the engineering community, and with society at large, regarding complex engineering activities confidently and effectively, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation by adhering to appropriate standards, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Life-long Learning: Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in life-long learning independently, with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to improve knowledge and competence continuously.
- Ethical Practices and Social Responsibility: Acquire professional and intellectual integrity, professional code of conduct, ethics of research and scholarship, consideration of the impact of research outcomes on professional practices and an understanding of responsibility to contribute to the community for sustainable development of society.
- Independent and Reflective Learning: Observe and examine critically the outcomes of one’s actions and make corrective measures subsequently, and learn from mistakes without depending on external feedback.
Programme Specific Outcome
PSO 1: Enable students to get in-depth knowledge in the specialisation of Production and Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Design or Thermal Engineering and able to solve complex problems in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
PSO 2: Identify research areas and provide solutions to complex engineering problems for the advancement of society.
PSO 3: Enable the students for premium National/International jobs, pursue research career, entrepreneurship and to become responsible global citizens.