MTech in Design Engineers are required in almost every Research and Development sector be it automobile, aerospace, shipping, construction, ICE design, medical equipment’s, sports gears and office accessories etc. Persons with P.G. Degree in Design Engineering carry out extensive research on latest design trends, market values, safety, texture, shape, safety weight and materials to be used before designing a product.
Market Trends of Mechanical Engineering Design
Unique Selling Points of the Specialization
PEO1 (Technically Accomplished): The graduates of Department of Mechanical Engineering will be strong in scientific/engineering fundamentals leading to foundation of research in different areas of competence, develop hardware and software skills and will be motivated to successfully pursue their profession of choice.
PEO2 (Socially Responsible): The graduates of Department of Mechanical Engineering will understand and appreciate their ethical, environmental and societal responsibilities and will contribute towards the benefit of professional organization and society.
PEO3 (Innovation Driven): The graduates of Department of Mechanical Engineering will develop to be independent thinkers with strong industrial focuskeeping abreast with ever changing technology and be fully aware of business, managerial, quality, cost and time constraints.
PEO4 (Team-based Leadership qualities): The graduates of Department of Mechanical Engineering will develop as dedicated, self-driven, and inspiring to others professionals and will possess effective communication skills through all medium.
Mechanical Engineering has the following Program Outcomes (as prescribed by NBA):
1. Students shall have an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to engineering problems.
2. Students shall have an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data.
3. Students shall have an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
4. Students shall have an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
5. Students shall have an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
6. Students shall have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
7. Students shall have an ability to communicate effectively.
8. Students shall have the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
9. Students shall have recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
10. Students shall have knowledge of contemporary issues.
11. Students shall have an ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools including computational tools necessary for engineering practice.
PSO1: Ability to demonstrate an understanding of mechanical engineering courses like Thermodynamics, Energy Conversion, Fluid mechanics and machines, Automobile system engineering Heat Transfer, Instrumentation and control engg., Industrial and production engineering, and specialized knowledge in CAE, HVAC, Manufacturing, and automotive engg., in line with market needs and requirements to identify, analyze and solve mechanical and allied engineering problems.
PSO2: Ability to innovate, plan and execute projects demonstrating system design and managerial skills to become successful technologists, entrepreneurs and researchers in the field of mechanical and allied engineering.
PSO3: Ability to apply acquired knowledge by demonstrating an aptitude towards societal problems and sustainable development indicating holistic development as an individual. Enable our graduates to have a global outlook and be competitive , in pursuing employment opportunities in the public and private sector or advanced and higher education.
Applicant must have obtained minimum 55% marks in aggregate or
equivalent CGPA in the relevant qualifying degree, BE/BTech in
1) BE/BTech in Mechanical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Aero space/Aeronautical Engineering, Production/Manufacturing Engineering, Mechatronics, Industrial Engineering, Material Science and Technology, Production and Industrial Engineering, Marine Engineering, Tool Engineering OR
2) Any other relevant equivalent qualifying degree.
Selection will be based on Merit
|MTech (ME) with specialization in (i) Thermal Engineering or (ii) Mechanical Engineering Design||10|
Hostel Fee (where applicable) Rs. 60,000/- per semester
Help line number +91 8448495100