M.Tech (FT & PT)
M.Tech Full Time (2 years)
A well – balanced, industry driven and research aligned curriculum that ensures integrating theory with real-world applications. Holistic pedagogy and emphasis on development of additional technical skills helps students to head start their career in core industries.
Course Duration – 2 years
PG Diploma – Exit option after one year for PG Diploma in relevant specialization
*Note: Refer to the relevant scheme
M.Tech Part Time (3 years)
A specially designed three years program for working professional with flexible teaching pedagogy and flexible credit-based system to ensure smooth learning along with the routine office work.
Course Duration – 3 years
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
When you have clean water to drink, clean air to breathe, and properly managed waste treatment facilities, you have environmental engineers to thank. Studying for a degree in Environmental Engineering at NCU Gurgaon is one of the best things you can do for our planet and it’s definitely one of the most important ones for our future. We recognize the need to find better ways to create sustainable development plans.
With our reputation as the best Civil Engineering college in Haryana, the MTech Civil Engineering with specialization in Environmental Engineering program we offer is the perfect start for any Civil or Chemical Engineering graduate. We aim to be among the best Civil Engineering colleges in India, and in that regard, our course offers modules that will gear students towards developing a comprehensive understanding of different forms of pollution, climate change, carbon market, managing environmental resources, controlling waste, and environmental impact assessments and audits.
Market trends of Environmental Engineering:
- Globally, Environment Services market has reached $600 Billion in 2016 and India stood as the 3rd largest environmental technologies market worldwide.
- Environment consulting is also one of the emerging environment services accounts for huge revenues worldwide. Water and waste management services accounts for 30%, contaminated land services – 29%, environmental management, compliance, and due diligence – 14%, environmental impact assessment and sustainable development -14% and climate change and energy nearly about 8%, as per an assessment of the aggregated revenues of the world’s top 20 firms by Environment Analyst.
- Indian environmental consulting services market is the 8th largest in the world and holds about 1.8% share of the global environmental consulting services market. Due to increasing investments in infrastructure and manufacturing, environmental consulting services market in the country is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% in the forecast period.
- India has a Vision for an Environmentally Sustainable Future by 2030 and promotes long-term environmentally sustainability. It aims to develop strategies to harmonize the twin objectives of growth and environmental sustainability in urban and ecologically fragile hill areas.
Unique Selling Points of the Specialization:
- Well – balanced, industry and research aligned curriculum and integrates theory with real-world applications. Curriculum will equip students with the knowledge and skills required to solve a wide range of environmental engineering challenges.
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty with extensive experience of solving real-world environmental challenges. Opportunity to work with faculty on various governments funded projects of the department.
- Guidance and support to attend seminars and conferences related to Environmental challenges and way forward, held nationally and internationally.
- State-of-the-art labs with accreditation from National Accreditation Board for Laboratories and are readily available for hands-on practical work and research.
- Exposure and involvement in specialized industries for internship and thesis work. Mentoring, guidance and hands on training by industry experts.
- Hands on experience on related software like,
- Pipe network: LOOP, Epanet, WaterGem, SewerGem
- Air pollution & monitoring: Computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Smart resource management modules:
- Smart water management and sensors
- Intelligent monitoring solution
- Internet of things (IoT) in water supply systems
- Automation in pipe network
- Big data in automation
- Interaction with distinguished and experienced alumni and help in career guidance.
- Teaching assistantship to GATE qualified students as per Government rules.
- Future opportunities in terms of Ph.D. and positions in the research centre.
Environmental engineers work to prevent, control or remediate any hazards to the environment using their engineering expertise. Their work might focus on topics like waste disposal, erosion, and water and air pollution.
Those who take the environmental engineering route can expect work in the classroom, laboratory and out in the field. Additionally, after working a few years in the field, many environmental engineers choose to get licensed as a professional engineer by graduating.
Research: After Master’s Program students can further enrolled for Ph.D. and develop their research skills.
Environmental Consultant: Employment opportunities can be found in private consulting engineering firms, universities, private research firms, testing laboratories, government agencies (central, state and local), or all types of major corporations and private businesses.
Public and Private Sector: Apart from jobs in government agencies like the Central Pollution Control Board, the private sector openings would be with companies that are engaged in infrastructure projects with environmental consulting firms.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To provide extensive knowledge of Civil & Environmental Engineering for professional development and other creative & innovative pursuits of science and technology.
- To provide sustainable, economical and environmentally sound solutions to civil engineering problems to satisfy the needs of the society and industry at national and global level.
- To develop communication, interpersonal and effective project management skills to work in a team effectively and conduct themselves ethically in their professional environment.
- To develop technical competence in the fields of Civil & Environmental engineering through new and advanced courses and provide an environment for technology-related research programs for faculty, staff and students.
Programme Outcome (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcome
- Ability to apply knowledge for proposing mitigation methods for different types of pollution and climate change.
- To understand modern management of environmental resources, controlling waste and environmental impact assessments and audits.