BBA in Entrepreneurship and Family Business is a three-year undergraduate programme designed to prepare the graduates to start their own businesses/start-ups, manage family businesses and manage new ventures within established organizations. During this Bachelor of Business Administration degree course, the graduates are imparted with the practical and contemporary knowledge of core business management techniques through skill-focused electives and specialized entrepreneurship courses.
As India is on the new verge of entrepreneurial ecosystem, supported by governmental, social and economic drivers, there will be a huge demand for gaining formal education in this discipline among the budding entrepreneurs and prospective business tycoons. With high focused inclination for technology and innovation, graduates are looking for a formal BBA Entrepreneurship and Family Business program, for gaining practical insights before venturing in the industry.
- To provide knowledge in management discipline with an understanding of its
applicability in business decision making for positive social impact.
- To prepare and nurture budding entrepreneurs and business-oriented leaders for future.
- To contribute to the Indian entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- To strengthen the foundation for further specialization in various business domains.
- To develop competent professionals committed to excellence.
- Develop a deep understanding of the way modern businesses and startup’s function.
- Understanding of contemporary Business Environment
- Developing Analytical, Logical and Critical Thinking Skills.
- Practical exposure with help of Incubation & Innovation center , Industrial visits and Internship opportunities.
- Developing Entrepreneurial and Business Skills
- Improving effective communication skills and holistic personality development
- Increasing Ethical and Social Awareness
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
On completion of the BBA Entrepreneurship and Family Business program offered by the School of Management, The NorthCap University-
- Graduates can start their own venture/startups and/or joins family business in related or unrelated business verticals
- Graduates will be informed and involved members of their communities, and responsible professionals.
- Graduates can become instrumental in allied disciplines of entrepreneurial eco system and contribute in capital funding etc.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
By the end of the BBA Entrepreneurship and Family Business, students should be able to:
- Acquire knowledge and skills in the field of business management and entrepreneurship to enhance reach of businesses across cultures, geographies and demographics.
- Demonstrate IT knowledge and skills for efficient and effective business processes and develop innovative methods of applying IT and e-commerce for competitive advantage and brand building. (IT proficiency).
- Acquire basic knowledge of various disciplines in economics, law, accounting and functional domains of management and to and apply their knowledge to real life business issues in a holistic manner. (Multidisciplinary Knowledge)
- Understand the basic concepts of quantitative methods to apply in the study of other disciplines and prepare feasibility /project reports. (Quantitative Application in Business).
- Acquire the basic legal knowledge related the various business operations and for new venture creation. (Law in Business).
- Understand various management functions and fundamentals of business management and entrepreneurial management. (Basics Business Management)
- BBA Entrepreneurship and Family Business program allows students understand various environmental problems and their impact on society and business in the digital marketing context. (Environmental and Social impact).
- Communicate effectively through different legal, financial and scoial platforms in different business contexts and situations so as to be able to receive and give clear instructions, comprehend, write reports, prepare documentation and make effective presentations. (Communication).
- Demonstrate ethical conduct in personal and professional decisions and an appreciation of the significance of business ethics and social responsibility in the decision-making process of digital marketing. (Ethics)
Programme Specific Outcomes
PSO1: Demonstrate knowledge in managing an enterprise and evolving it for effective business growth.
PSO2: Acquire creative, analytical, technical and interpersonal skills required for the modern businesses.
PSO3: Apply acquired skills in solving complex business problems and to take strategic decisions for a business in a socially responsible manner.
PSO4: Become a responsible corporate citizen and to contribute in nation-building.