NCU Law Review
NCU Law Review is a peer-reviewed biannual academic publication of the Centre of Post-Graduate Legal Studies (CPGLS) at School of Law (SoL), The NorthCap University (NCU), Gurugram (formerly ITM University, Gurgaon). This publication is an endeavour to serve as a forum for the promotion and circulation of views on contemporary legal issues among members of the legal profession, academicians, and students. The Law Review aims at legal research centres, policy makers and government organisations. Research papers for the law review go through plagiarism software and blind peer-review.
The members of the Editorial Board of the law review are as follows:
Student Editorial Board
Advisory Editorial Board
NCU Law Review believes in the encouragement of critical analysis and the interdisciplinary study of law. Submissions which view the subject matter from a comparative perspective shall be preferred. Therefore, the scholastic quality of the manuscript shall be the primary criterion for publication. The same shall be judged by anonymous peer review of the manuscript. However, the final discretion as to the acceptance of the manuscripts rests with the Editorial Board.
NCU Law Review publishes original material. Therefore, manuscripts must neither be under consideration for publication in any other place at any time during the period of consideration by the Journal, nor previously published. The Law Review also has a strict policy on plagiarism. Plagiarism shall render the manuscript liable for rejection.
Contributions for the Law Review are solicited under the following heads:
1. ARTICLES: An article is expected to include a comprehensive review of the existing law in a particular area of study, and is conservative in both choice and analysis of subject. The subject matter is expected to be dealt with in a detailed and thorough manner.
2. ESSAYS: Essays are usually more adventurous, challenging existing paradigms and innovatively addressing well-known problems. It is not necessary for an essay to be as comprehensive as an article and it is strongly recommended that essays be considerably more concise, in terms of scope and conceptualization.
3. CASE COMMENTS: A study of any contemporary judicial pronouncement (Indian or foreign) and must contain its analysis, the context in which the particular judgment has been delivered, its contribution to existing law and must necessarily comment on the judicial process involved.
4. LEGISLATIVE COMMENTS: This entails a critical analysis of any existing Indian legislation or proposed bills, and their constitutional implications. The analysis is expected to be original and technical in nature.
Contributions should adhere to the following specifications:
1. WORD LIMIT: The word limit for articles and essays is between 7,000 to 8,000 words (inclusive of footnotes), while case/legislative comments must be confined to less than 3,000 words.
2. CITATION FORMAT: The citation format to be used is THE BLUEBOOK: A UNIFORM METHOD OF CITATION (Columbia Law Review Ass’n et al. eds., 19th ed. 2010). Speaking footnotes are generally discouraged.
3. ABSTRACT: Every submission must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 100 words, which outlines the area of study and any important conclusions that may be drawn by the author(s).
4. COVERING LETTER: All personal details, including name, year, name of college/university, postal address, phone number and e-mail id, must be provided in a separate letter or file, and must not be mentioned in the document or file containing the submission.
We encourage submission of contributions electronically. Kindly attach your contributions in MS Word format, mark the subject line of email as “CONTRIBUTION FOR NCU Law Review” and send it to email@example.com. For any clarification, please write to us on the same email id.
Editor: Dr. Subhradipta Sarkar, Assistant Professor (Sel. Grade), SoL, NCU
In case of any urgent query, contact the Student Editors:
Mr. Mohit Vats (9971234262)
Ms. Francita Mary Virgil (9013105295)
Mr. Karan Kataria (9811602511)
Ms. Aasma Sachdeva (9873532331)