The BA Hons. Psychology program facilitates students in transferring knowledge of psychology theory to innovative contexts and develops an operational understanding of psychology’s content domains. BA Hons Psychology program offers students a unique liberal arts education that helps them in exploring different philosophies, cultures, and human experiences which will broaden their view and provide them with a valued perspective sought by today’s global companies. The broad nature of elective courses in the program offer plenty of career options and confirms the applicability of psychological understanding in the areas of counseling, clinical research, organizational behavior, and applied psychology experiments.
On completing this course: –
1. Graduates can join professional career in fields of Clinical Psychologist, Counseling Psychologist, Psychiatric Technician, Rehabilitation Specialist, research and consultancy in private as well as Govt. owned companies of repute in India and abroad.
2. Graduates can pursue a relevant post-graduate study such as MA (Hons) in Clinical/Counseling/Health/Applied Psychology, MSW, MHRM, MBA, MBE, M.Com, and other professional courses.
Graduates will be informed and involved members of their communities, and responsible professionals
By the end of the program, the students should be able to: –
1. Ascertain likely psychological principles that stimulate rational and critical thinking.
2. Usage of appropriate language of psychology in verbal and written communication.
3. Apply psychological knowledge in generating novel solutions for diverse problems.
4 .Identify recent trends and challenges in the field of psychology.
5. Transfer knowledge of psychology to innovative contexts and situations.
6. Develop an operational understanding of psychology’s content domains.
7. Engender and enrich interpersonal skills.
8. Interpret psychological phenomena through scientific enquiry.
9. Locate, interpret, and evaluate controversial and ethical issues in psychology.
10 .Interpret, design, and conduct basic psychological research.
11 .Apply psychological content and skills to career goals.
1) 10+2 (English Medium) examination conducted by CBSE or equivalent
examination from a recognized board in any stream with an overall
aggregate of minimum 50%
2) IB candidates should have score of minimum 24
Selection will be based on merit of
10+2 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education
equivalent examination from a recognized board (IB/ICSE)
SAT score AND Personal Interview
|Bachelor of Arts (BA) – Psychology||30|
Hostel Fee (where applicable) Rs. 60,000/- per semester
|% of Tuition Fees as Scholarship||Eligibility (For CBSE as per percentage score in applicable subjects by program. Normalised Scores will be taken for other Boards with respect to CBSE )||SAT Score (Conducted by The College Board)||Scores in IB Diploma Programme|
|100%||CBSE: 99.1% and above||1500+||43-45|
|50%||CBSE: 95.1% <= 99||1401 – 1500||41-42|
|25%||CBSE: 90.1% <= 95||1301 – 1400||32-40|
|10%||CBSE: 85% <= 90||1200 – 1300||28-31|
*Limited Scholarships available in each category on first come serve basis.
*For CBSE as per percentage score in applicable subjects by program. Normalised Scores will be taken for other Boards with respect to CBSE)