All industries are investing in robotics and automation for developing interesting applications, optimize and enhance productions and industrial processes in effective and economic ways. Robots have revolutionized the manufacturing and industrial world in recent decades, and are starting to make their move into the wider world of business as well as our homes, too [Forbes].
B.Tech. ME with specialization in Robotics and Automation Engineering offers students caters to learn new and disruptive technologies and enable them to develop innovative instruments to monitor, manipulate, and control systems. Students will use fundamental concepts of theory of mechanism, microsensors, and actuators and develop humanoid robots, intelligent control systems, and flexible manipulators. The students will graduate with special skill sets and values to achieve professional goals in process automation and robotics.
Market Trends of Robotics and Automation
The robotics market was valued at USD 39.72 billion in 2019 and is expected to register a CAGR of 25% over the forecast period of 2020-2025. [Mordor Intelligence]
Unique Selling Points of The Specialization
PEO1 (Technically Accomplished): The graduates of Department of Mechanical Engineering will be strong in scientific/engineering fundamentals leading to foundation of research in different areas of competence, develop hardware and software skills and will be motivated to successfully pursue their profession of choice.
PEO2 (Socially Responsible): The graduates of Department of Mechanical Engineering will understand and appreciate their ethical, environmental and societal responsibilities and will contribute towards the benefit of professional organization and society.
PEO3 (Innovation Driven): The graduates of Department of Mechanical Engineering will develop to be independent thinkers with strong industrial focuskeeping abreast with ever changing technology and be fully aware of business, managerial, quality, cost and time constraints.
PEO4 (Team-based Leadership qualities): The graduates of Department of Mechanical Engineering will develop as dedicated, self-driven, and inspiring to others professionals and will possess effective communication skills through all medium.
Mechanical Engineering has the following Program Outcomes (as prescribed by NBA):
1. Students shall have an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to engineering problems.
2. Students shall have an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data.
3. Students shall have an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
4. Students shall have an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
5. Students shall have an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
6. Students shall have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
7. Students shall have an ability to communicate effectively.
8. Students shall have the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
9. Students shall have recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
10. Students shall have knowledge of contemporary issues.
11. Students shall have an ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools including computational tools necessary for engineering practice.
PSO1: Ability to demonstrate an understanding of mechanical engineering courses like Thermodynamics, Energy Conversion, Fluid mechanics and machines, Automobile system engineering Heat Transfer, Instrumentation and control engg., Industrial and production engineering, and specialized knowledge in CAE, HVAC, Manufacturing, and automotive engg., in line with market needs and requirements to identify, analyze and solve mechanical and allied engineering problems.
PSO2: Ability to innovate, plan and execute projects demonstrating system design and managerial skills to become successful technologists, entrepreneurs and researchers in the field of mechanical and allied engineering.
PSO3: Ability to apply acquired knowledge by demonstrating an aptitude towards societal problems and sustainable development indicating holistic development as an individual. Enable our graduates to have a global outlook and be competitive , in pursuing employment opportunities in the public and private sector or advanced and higher education.
1) 10+2 (English Medium) examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized board in Science stream (with PCME) with an overall aggregate of minimum 50%
2) Must Appear in JEE /Any National Level Entrance Test Score 2021
3)IB candidates should have score of minimum 24 with PCME as compulsory subjects.
4) As one time measure to overcome the COVID 19 impact students with JEE /Any National Level Entrance Test Score 2020 will also be considered for admission for AY 2021
– Candidate should have studied his/her 10th/12th class in English medium
– Candidate should not be more than 24 age on 31st Dec. 2021
– Candidate should have passed Diploma in relevant branch of Engineering granted by the Board of Technical Examination of a State Government with at least 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.
JEE Main 2021 score
Should seats still remain vacant, in any course, if at all, after exhausting the merit list of applicants of the National Test(s), seats may be filled on the basis Aptitude Test, NCU EET subject to meeting the minimum eligibility criteria specified.
Students will be selected as per the merit list prepared on the basis of marks in the State LEET exam and the marks obtained by the applicant in Diploma. Weightage of these scores are 80% and 20% respectively
|B.Tech – ME SPECIALIZATION IN ROBOTICS & AUTOMATION (ME)||20|
Hostel Fee (where applicable) Rs. 60,000/- per semester
|% of Scholarship||Eligibility (For CBSE as per percentage score in applicable subjects (PCME) by program. Normalised Scores will be taken for other Boards with respect to CBSE)||JEE Score||SAT Score (Conducted by The College Board)||Scores in IB Diploma Programme|
|100%||CBSE: 99.1% and above||98.01 and above||1500+||43-45|
|50%||CBSE: 95.1% <=99||90.01 <= 98||1401 – 1500||41-42|
|25%||CBSE: 90.1%<= 95||85.01 <= 90||1301 – 1400||32-40|
|10%||CBSE: 85%<= 90||75<= 85||1200 – 1300||28-31|
Limited scholarships available in each category on first come first serve basis