B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
“Mechanical engineers are developing new technologies across all the industries from automotive, agriculture, transportation, food, housing, healthcare, aerospace etc.” says a report from the Global Summit of Future Mechanical Engineering. Almost every industry needs mechanical engineers.
B.Tech. ME offers a well designed curriculum offering core areas of design, thermal, industrial & production, and automobile. Also practice modern tools such as coding, computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), and computer-aided engineering analysis for design and analysis. The curriculum is sufficiently broad so students can take various career paths upon graduation.
Market Trends of Mechanical Engineering
- The requirement for Mechanical engineers is expected to grow at 9% by the year 2026.
- Industry 4.0, 3D Printing, interconnected machines, industrial internet of things (IIOT), energys systems and many more new areas have opened up for mechanical engineers
- Computation and Coding skills of mechanical engineers are in demand in the sectors like renewable energy sector, automotive, HVAC, aerodynamics, design, etc. Also, in these fields the demand for mechanical engineers will never decline.
Unique Selling Points of Mechanical Engineering
- Market driven curriculum (relevant electives) that are being updated periodically in consultation with experts from industry and academia.
- State-of-the-art laboratory facility (CAD Lab, IC Engine, Vibration labs, CoE and others) for understanding and undertaking quality research work.
- Efficient and highly qualified faculty members nurturing students for their future endeavours.
- Flexibility in choosing courses to facilitate industry placement and admission in Universities abroad.
- Outstanding industry-academia interaction through expert sessions, industrial visits, internships, professional societies and workshops.
- Emphasis on holistic development of students through promotion of co-curricular activities and professional societies in the department.
- Excellent placement track record.