M.Tech ME with specialization in Thermal Engineering
The energy efficiency of thermal systems is a major focus of industries around the world. Specialization in Thermal Engineering provides an edge to the students who want to pursue careers in the energy linked industries viz. power, HVAC, renewable energy, design of internal combustion engines, energy storage, combustion, research and development.
M.Tech ME with specialization in Thermal Engineering offers students a deeper knowledge of mathematics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, a design of thermal systems and many other thermal engineering concepts. Students are supposed to carry out research work in thermal engineering. Awareness about current state-of-the-art. Students develop an eye for detail, a methodical work process and creative problem solving ability.
Market Trends of Thermal Engineering
- The thermal market is expected to grow at 5% CGR from 2019 to 2027 [Transparency Market Research]
- Exponential growth of the IT & telecommunications sector has indirectly led to a spurt in the demand for thermal products.
- HVAC cooling systems that use thermal products find wide use for cooling servers and computers
- Food production, packaging, shipping, and distribution are some energy-hungry operations in the food and beverage sector.
Unique Selling Points of the Specialization
- Carry out design, development and optimization of thermal management systems
- Work on thermal system problems using computational analysis
- Research oriented curriculum with focus on publication of research articles
- Market driven curriculum, updated periodically in consultation with experts from industry and academia.
- State-of-the-art laboratory facility (CAD Lab, IC Engine, Vibration labs, CoE and others) for understanding and undertaking quality research work.
- Efficient and highly qualified faculty members nurturing students for their future endeavours.
- Flexibility in choosing courses to facilitate industry placement and admission in Universities abroad.
- Outstanding industry-academia interaction through expert sessions, industrial visits, internships, professional societies and workshops.
- Emphasis on holistic development of students through promotion of co-curricular activities and professional societies in the department.