B.Tech ME with specialization in Robotics & Automation
All industries are investing in robotics and automation for developing interesting applications, optimize and enhance productions and industrial processes in effective and economic ways. Robots have revolutionized the manufacturing and industrial world in recent decades, and are starting to make their move into the wider world of business as well as our homes, too [Forbes].
B.Tech. ME with specialization in Robotics and Automation Engineering offers students caters to learn new and disruptive technologies and enable them to develop innovative instruments to monitor, manipulate, and control systems. Students will use fundamental concepts of theory of mechanism, microsensors, and actuators and develop humanoid robots, intelligent control systems, and flexible manipulators. The students will graduate with special skill sets and values to achieve professional goals in process automation and robotics.
Market Trends of Robotics and Automation
The robotics market was valued at USD 39.72 billion in 2019 and is expected to register a CAGR of 25% over the forecast period of 2020-2025. [Mordor Intelligence]
- With an uptick in robot sales from 2011 to 2018, the buzz around robotics is loud. [McKinsey]
- The International Federation of Robotics (IFR) estimates that in 2017, there were around 2.1 million stand-alone industrial robots installed worldwide, with a shipment of 381,000 units globally. [McKinsey]
Unique Selling Points of The Specialization
- Explore the knowledge of mechanical, electrical, computer science and artificial intelligence in the design of engineering systems processes and products.
- Explore the application of advanced simulation software like Mat lab and Machine learning in the different process industry
- Career Options: Robotics engineer, automation engineer, control engineer design engineer, industrial and process control Engineer
- Market driven curriculum updated periodically in consultation with experts from industry and academia.
- State-of-the-art laboratory facilities
- Efficient and highly qualified faculty members
- Outstanding industry-academia interaction through expert sessions, industrial visits, internships, professional societies and workshops.
- Emphasis on holistic development of students through promotion of co-curricular activities and professional societies in the department.
- Excellent placement track record.