Computer Science & Engineering : Program Objectives and Outcomes
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To provide an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science and create a foundation of lifelong learning to facilitate progressive careers in industry and in pursuit of higher studies.
- To equip our students with technical and analytical skills to develop innovative solutions to complex real life problems suing existing and novel technologies.
- To equip our students with sufficient communication & interpersonal skills, multi-disciplinary teamwork and leadership skills, enabling them to fulfill professional responsibilities.
- To expose them to various contemporary issues which will enable them to become ethical and responsible towards themselves, co-workers, the Society and the Nation.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet a specific requirement with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations for the complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Professional Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large. Will be able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, makING effective presentations and guide with themselves and others with clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work being a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broad context of technological change.