B.Tech - Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech CSE with specialization in Full Stack Development – view details
- B.Tech CSE with specialization in Cyber Security & Forensics – view details
- B.Tech CSE with specialization in Cloud Computing – view details
- B.Tech CSE with specialization in Data Science – view details
- B.Tech CSE with specialization in Gaming, AR and VR – view details
- B.Tech CSE with specialization in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning – view details
- B.Tech CSE with specialization in Blockchain – view details
- M.Tech CSE with specialization in Data Science – view details
- M.Tech CSE with specialization in Cyber Security & Forensics – view details
- P.hD in Computer Science and Engineering – view details
1) Class 11 and 12 Class Pre-Board Exam in Science stream (English Medium) or
2) JEE MAINS 2020 SCORE if appeared or
3) SAT Score or
4) IB Exam (Predictive score)
Bachelor of Technology Lateral Entry (3 Years)
– Candidate should have studied his/her 10th/12th class in English medium
– Candidate should not be more than 24 age on 31st Dec. 2020
– Candidate should have passed Diploma in relevant branch of Engineering granted by the Board of Technical Examination of a State Government with at least 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.
10+2 (English Medium) examination conducted by CBSE or equivalent examination from a recognized board in Science stream with an overall aggregate of min 60% or appeared in SAT or IB exam. Must Appear in JEE Main 2020
Bachelor of Technology Lateral Entry (3 Years)
Students will be selected as per the merit list prepared on the basis of marks in the State LEET exam and the marks obtained by the applicant in Diploma. Weightage of these scores are 80% and 20% respectively
Total B.Tech Seats – 450
For Year 2020-21
For Indian Students
For NRI Students
Hostel Fee (where applicable) Rs. 65000/- per semester
|% of Scholarship||Eligibility (For CBSE)**||JEE Main percentile (Jan 2020 / June* 2020)||SAT Score (Conducted by The College Board)||Scores in IB Diploma Programme|
|100%||CBSE: 99% and above||98 – <100||1500+||43-45|
|50%||CBSE: 95.1%- <99||90.01 -< 98||1400 – 1500||41-42|
|25%||CBSE: 85%- <95||85 – <90||1300 – 1400||32-40|
Limited scholarships available in each category on first come first serve basis
* subject to announcement by NTA
** For CBSE as per percentage score in applicable subjects by program. Normalised Scores will be taken for other Boards with respect to CBSE
- The table above is only to represent Fees concessions/Scholarships in case a candidate is selected and the details of Scholarship offered will be part of the Admission Offer extended to candidates upon selection. For selection, University shall follow the announced process.
- Fee Concession includes Haryana Residents and shall be as per the Standard Operating Procedure of The NorthCap University from time to time and available at www.ncuindia.edu.
- Candidate must enroll for the program by depositing the advance fee by the given due date in provisional admission offer letter. Should a candidate fail to do so, candidate shall have no claim over the scholarship. The Scholarship thereafter, shall be passed on to the next eligible candidate.
- Continuation of Admission Scholarship is subject to obtaining CGPA of 8 on a scale of 10, having no backlog and no discipline case being recorded against the student.
- In addition to the fees concession/scholarship, to encourage & motivate students the following awards are also given:
- The NorthCap University Scholars Award (On GATE results – for Final Year BTech)
- Research Fellowship Award (for PhD Scholars)
- Vice Chancellor’s Innovation Fund Awards
- Only one type of scholarship/fee concession from any source whatsoever is admissible to a student. A certificate signed by the student & parent is to be provided as proof for this.
Help line number +91 8448495100
What all programs does the department offer?
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is offering B. Tech (CSE) in seven specialization tracks and M.Tech (CSE) in two domains as mentioned below.
After successful completion, all the students enrolled in these specialization tracks shall get their regular B.Tech degree in their respective chosen program.
In addition to the B.Tech degree in the program, an additional certificate mentioning the specialization done will also be awarded to these students.
- B.Tech CSE with Specialization in Data Science
- B.Tech CSE with Specialization in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- B.Tech CSE with Specialization in Cyber Security & Forensics
- B.Tech CSE with Specialization in Cloud Computing
- B.Tech CSE with Specialization in Gaming, AR and VR
- B.Tech CSE with Specialization in Full Stack Development
- B.Tech CSE with Specialization in Blockchain
- M.Tech CSE with Specialization in Data Science
- M.Tech CSE with Specialization in Cyber Security and Forensics
What are the placement prospects for the students with each specialization?
- The Department has an excellent record of campus placements.With a view to equip our students for a bright career, the University has a central placement department known as School of Professional Attachment, an in-house team of trainers with high-class industry exposure. They train students for business communication, self-presentations, soft skills and on the technical front. They hold strong relationships with a voluminous number of companies. Prestigious Companies like Deloitte, Yatra, Ernst & Young, HSBC, Orange, British Telecom, Gemini Solutions, BYJU’s, Wipro, Make My Trip, Fidelity, Nagarro, TCS, IBM, OYO, Zomato, Sapient, Protivity etc. visit for the campus recruitment. More than 95 % of the eligible students get placed through the campus with an average package of around 5 LPA. The department is working strenuously in thrust areas of Industry 4.0 namely Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Internet of Things, Full Stack and Game technology, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality. The students with specialized skill sets in these areas have been placed on higher scale packages.
What social/academic organizations and extracurricular activities are available for students?
The department is running sundry various clubs and societies to promote the holistic development of the students. We at NCU believe that participation in clubs and societies exposes students to new life experiences; helps develop valuable leadership skills and abilities, fosters respect for personal and cultural diversity and provides opportunities to express creativity and talent.The list is as follows and for further detailsplease refer to the link:
Different Societies/Chapters of Department
- Cisco Networking Academy
- Competitive Programmer’s Club
- Data Analysis and Research Group
- VISUALIVE – The Creative Society
- Google Students Club
- Engineers Without Borders (EWB)
- The Institution of Engineers (IEI), Student Chapter
- The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Student Chapter of NCU
- The Society of Cyber Security Education and Research
- Computer Society of India (CSI), Student Chapter
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineer (IEEE), Student Chapter
Clubs for Social Outreach
- Rotaract Club
What are the recent awards and accomplishments of students?
Students at NCU participate in various national and international events. Recently,Mr. Akhil Sharma and Mr. Abhishek Chauhan designed an AR Core multiplayer game on Vuforia and bagged Second Prize along with a PlayStation in the National level competition ‘TCS Extended Reality 2019’ organized by TCS. The students were declared winner for showcasing their technical skills in Augmented and Virtual Reality based projects for different applications.In addition, Mr. Madhur, Mr.Keshav and Ms. Gazzal from B.Tech (CSE) had won the Collegiate Cyber Threat Competition (CCTC) by Deloitte from all over India.
The ACM-ICPC is considered as the “Olympics of Programming Competitions”. It is one of the oldest, largest, and most prestigious programming contest in the world. Mr. Devansh Bhatia, Mr.Rohit Malhotra and Mr. Navkrishna from B.Tech (CSE) represented The NorthCap University, Gurugram at two ACM ICPC(Association for Computing Machinery – International Collegiate Programming Contest) 2017-2018 Asia Level Regionals.
Mr. Akarshan Gandotra and Mr. Harsh Lathwal from B.Tech (CSE) were declared as winners of Google Summer of Code, 2017 for the proposal “Development of an Android Application for Pocket Science Lab Experiments”.
Ms. Urvika Gola and Mr. Pranav Jain from B.Tech (CSE) participated in the United Nations Climate Change COP 23 Event at Bonn, Germany under the official name of Hack4Climate.Urvika and Pranav also delivered sessions at the FOSSASIA Conference in Singapore. They were culled to participate in a 24-hour long hackathon which took place in Taj Palace, New Delhi. It was inaugurated by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi and Rt Hon Theresa May, Prime Minister of UK. They were the only ones to receive the award from Microsoft for their overall performance. They also won the Best Team Name award for the solution named ‘Janhit Mein Jaari’. In addition, Pranav was invited as a mentor to Helsinki, Finland to represent India at Ultrahack 2016, a global three-day hackathon. He won the First Prize of Euros 10000 in 5G Hackathon 2017 and OYS Challenge 2017 at Oulu, Finland.
Ms. Divya Sharma, Mr. Kunal Arora and Mr. Antariksh Anand from B.Tech (CSE) were selected to pursue education from Institute of Technology, Blanchardstown (ITB), Dublin, Ireland through university’s MoU with ITB, Ireland. Mr.Jitesh Miglani was also selected for Masters of Science in Computing in Applied Cyber Security. These students were offered a 40% tuition fee waiver by ITB, Ireland and a 50% scholarship as fee reimbursement by NCU.
Ms. Tanya Joon from B.Tech (CSE) was selected and invited for the Developer’s Student Club Summit, Goa. Mr. Parth Mishra from B.Tech(CSE) was selected to purse his education atMichigan Tech University, USA under the MoU between The NorthCap University and Michigan Tech University.Mr Divyanshu Verma from B.Tech CSE, along with Mr.Rahul Yadav, CEO of Voxogrenic Pvt. Ltd. have been declared as winners of TechGig Code Gladiators 2019, organised by TechGig and sponsored by Amazon. They built a game on Alexa within 23 Hrs and have been awarded a certificate, winners shield and the prize money of Rs 1,75,000.
Engineers without Borders India held their all India meet at SVCE College, Bangalore. Many student chapters, as well as professional members, were invited. EWB, NCU Chapter grabbed the award for “Best Chapter” all over India for itsdedication &implementation.Computer Society of India (CSI) – The NorthCap University, Gurugram has been conferred with the the Best Accredited Student Branch (2017 – 2019) in recognition of significant contribution to the CSI activities.
Are there research opportunities for undergraduates?
Research is the primary activity and focus of the Department. Faculty members are active researchers in their respective domains of expertise and lead various sub groups. Research within the Department is grouped into clusters namely: Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Data Mining, Data Science, Soft Computing, High-Performance Computing, Computational Optimization, Software Engineering, Information Security, AI and Machine Learning, Speech and Image Processing and Bioinformatics. The Department provides exposure and opportunities:
- By providing guidance to our students through qualified faculty members. The students are encouargaed for bringing out quality publications in highly indexed Journals like SCI & Scopus.
- By involving students in research-oriented and consultancy projects.
- By providing interdisciplinary research-based projects to students.
- By helping students to gainthe opportunity to work with industry for the final year projects.
- More than 45 research scholars are pursuing their PhD in areas like Machine Learning, Data Science, Image Processing, Speech Processing, Software Engineering and Cryptography.
- By providing VC Innovation Fundsto students who come up with innovative ideas.
Can one go for higher studies after graduating from NCU?
The department provides multiple opportunities to students for Higher Studies.
- Various Exchange programs for the students and faculty as university has tie-up with various foreign universities namely ITB Ireland, Michigan Tech University, USA, University of Dayton, USA, Providencs University Taiwan etc.
- Students are provided ooprtunities to pursue research and higher studies through our collaborative programmes with foreign universities.
- Excellent learning teaching pedagogy ensures readiness of students for various examinations like GMAT, GRE etc. that helps students to get into foreign universities.
What are the anti-ragging measures taken by NCU?
The university has a vigilant anti-ragging committee which ensures a ragging free campus. We can proudly state that no case of ragging till date has been reported in the university campus.
What is the minimum credit requirement for graduating from NCU in B.Tech course?
The minimum credit requirement for students seeking admission in 2020 is 169.
How the curricula of B.Tech CSE with specialization in Data Science are is different from normal B.Tech. CSE?
B.Tech CSE with Specialization in Data Science will provide graduates with a highly relevant skill set in mining large amounts of structured and unstructured data to identify patterns that can help organizations recognize new market opportunities, rein in costs, increase efficiencies and enhance organization’s competitive advantage. This is technology-focused degree with a strong Programming foundation combining rigorously taught components of Data Visualization, Probability and Statistics, Machine Learning, Data Engineering, Big Data, Deep Learning and Image Analysis and Computer Vision.Facebook, Dell, Myntra.com, Infosys and other leading players have actively implemented Data Science as a crucial part of their technologies.
B.Tech. CSE will provide graduates with a high level of expertise in programming, hardware administration, software administration, networking and network security. It would prepare students to pursue careers involving innovation and problem solving using computational techniques and technologies, or to undertake advanced studies for research careers or to take up Entrepreneurship.
How the curricula B.Tech CSE with specialization in AI & ML is different from the normal B.Tech CSE stream?
B.Tech CSE with specialization in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning offers students with theoretical and practical knowledge of computational tools that are needed for real-world applications such as linguistics, health, bioinformatics, economics, education, social network analysis, games etc. The curriculum lays the foundation of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning fundamentals including Probability and Statistics, Tensorflow, Applied Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Robotics, Computer Vision etc. Companies such as Google, IBM, Microsoft and other leading players have actively implemented AI as a crucial part of their technologies.
How the curricula B.Tech CSE with specialization in Cyber Security & Forensic is different from normal B.Tech CSE stream?
Curricula of B.Tech CSE with specialization in Cyber Security & Forensics equips students with the foundation concepts underlying the secure systems. Apart from normal computational processes and programming languages, the curriculum involves hands-on practice sessions to develop skills required for understanding the vulnerabilities of existing systems and building systems that defend against escalating cyber threats. It enhances the value of a graduate degree in terms of career advancement, higher income and increased job security.
How the curricula B.Tech CSE with specialization in Blockchain is different from normal
B.Tech CSE stream?
The curriculum for B.Tech (CSE) with specialization inBlockchain will equip the students with new-age technologies that will be relevant worldwide. Students will understand the underlying mechanisms behind the technology and will be able to design and develop decentralized applications on the Blockchain. The specialization track will not only cover the core subjects of Computer Science and Engineering but will give an extra edge to the student by providing him/her the exposure to the emerging Blockchain Technology. When it comes to the field of distributed computing, Blockchain technologies and most significantly in cryptocurrencies, there are many options for the students to take up jobs not only in Technical fields but also in Non-Technical fields.
How the curricula B.Tech CSE with specialization in Full Stack Development is different from normal B.Tech CSE stream?
B.Tech program in Full Stack Development is amongst the most crucial roles in IT, was also ranked the second most popular developer occupation. This Full Stack specialisation has been carefully designed to build experts who work across all layers of software to build, support and maintain web applications. Master skills in Front-end and Back-end technologies through the use of the most popular JAM (Java, Angular and MongoDB) Stack. It emphasize on applying the right engineering disciplines with detailed emphasis on Dev-Ops and Agile (SCRUM) principles.
How the curricula B.Tech CSE with specialization in Cloud computing is different from normal B.Tech CSE stream?
B.Tech CSE with Cloud Computing specialization offers students with theory and practice to enable them to understand and implement cloud-based applications. The curriculum lays the foundation of cloud computing fundamentals covering all major service providers including Google cloud, AWS and Microsoft Azure. Industry-oriented curriculum enables the students to prepare for technical careers in developing applications and providing services that run on a distributed network using virtualised resources and containers with a focus towards security, standards and applications in Cloud, including Cloud Security challenges, software as a service security and its common standards.
What kind of lab and classroom facilities would be provided to the students? What are the technologies and tools provided for the B.Tech Specialized Courses?
The Department has a hi-tech learning environment with well-equipped research laboratories for Network Programming, Database Management Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Graphics, Java Programming, Information Security and Cryptography, Operating System, Object-Oriented Programming, Compiler Design, Computer Networks, Internet and Web Programming, Mobile Computing, Software Testing, C/C++ Programming, Modeling & Simulation, Advanced Algorithms, .NET Programming, Object-Oriented Software Engineering.
The CISCO Network Academy at NCU is a joint venture between The NorthCap University and CISCO. High-Performance Computing Lab has also been established with 1 teraflop computing power. All classrooms are equipped with ICT facilities and updated computing equipment to support research and teaching activities. Various other facilities such asTinkering Lab & Incubation centre are also available.
What are the distinguished traits of the Faculty teaching these specialized programmes and what is so innovative and spectacular in the pedagogy paradigm?
NCU has Competent and Experienced Faculties with:
- Majority of them having PhD degree from the reputed Universities like IITs, JNU etc.
- Quality Publications in SCI, Scopus Indexed Journals, Book Chapters and Conference Proceedings.
- Excellence awards and the special achievements like “Advanced Level Instructor” title by Cisco Networking Academy, Teaching and Research Excellence award and Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award. Various faculties are editors and editorial board members in the reputed journals.
- Zeal to regularly update themselves through Faculty Development Programs conducted by industry experts.
- Opportunities to workin collaboration with Industry experts through Externship Programmes.
NCU Teaching Pedagogy and Academic Framework:
The department aims at experiential teaching pedagogy for building the right set of Knowledge, Skills & Attitude among the students. Few of the highlights of our academic framework areas follows
- Domain Specialization: Five specializations namely Data Science, AI & ML, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security & Forensic, Full Stack and Gaming, AR & VR based on latest industry needs.
- Industry Engagement: MoUs with different industries, organizations like NTRO to strengthen its curriculum, enhance placements, internships and opportunities for engagement of students in live projects.
- Industry Mentored: Students at NCU work on the real-time project of an organization under the direct mentoring by a faculty and an industry professional.
- Curriculum in line with industry: Curriculum has been designed keeping in mind the industry needs and is thoroughly revised by all industry experts and academicians from IITs and JNU.
- Experiential – Real Time Projects: The University provides the necessary ecosystem to encourage students to get engaged in socially relevant real-time projects.
- Module Based Learning: The University has adapted modular approach to course design and learning
- Student e-Portfolio: Students are guided to generate their E-Portfolio right from the moment when they start their journey from the first year.
- Research Opportunities: Strong research groups in the department with a rich legacy of high-quality publications, sponsored projects and filed patents
Why should a student choose Gaming, Augmented & Virtual reality led B.Tech (CSE) specialized courses?
B.Tech (CSE) with specialization in Gaming, AR and VR will provide graduates with a high level of expertise in practical software engineering, Game Tech and XR (Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality) development and an understanding of how people and technology interact, combined with the creative insight essential to help create the future in immersive systems. This is a technology-focused degree with a strong tech foundation that combines rigorously taught components with studio-based learning and critical thinking.
What Industry engagement initiatives are taken?
With a view to equip our students for a bright career, the department at the core level emphasises to a great extent on the designing of curriculum aligned with the industry demand. The curriculum has been designed and is thoroughly revised through significant inputs from industry leaders, practitioners and academicians from IITs and JNU. Every year, we gear our teaching pattern to include the most relevant methodologies so that our students pick up skills that are relevant to today’s industry requirements. The department is working hard in thrust areas of Industry 4.0 namely Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Internet of Things, Full Stack and Game technology, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality. As a part of immersive industry practice, the department ensures that the classroom learning of the student should be taken to the industry. Students work on the real-time projects of an organization under the direct mentoring by a faculty and an industry professional. Industry mentors get associated with the students to take their journey forward and visit the university to conduct pre-placement interviews. These interviews help the students to be in the same environment as they face during actual interviews for placements. The department facilitates the students with different internship opportunities as well. A variety of organizations like Deloitte, Fidelity, Optum and others conduct workshops and seminars on specific technologies, practices and skill verticals. This practice makes the transition from a student to an employed professional in industry, seamless and smooth. At NCU, we have been achieving a placement record of nearly 100% for past years. Leading companies like IBM, Deloitte, Ernst and Young, Nagarro, Orange, Fidelity, BYJUS etc. visited our campus and gave exciting job offers to our students.
What student exchange programs university runs especially with foreign universities?
The university runs various student exchange programmes with foreign universities. Students are provided opportunities for the research and higher studies through our collaborations with ITB Ireland, Michigan Technological University USA, University of Dayton USA, and Providence University Taiwan.
What about migration policy?
Migration is permitted from other Institutions/University on the basis of academic course mapping which is taken care by Dean, NCU in consulation with subject experts. Interested candidatesmay apply for migration at Dean Office, NCU with all academic credentials from 10th onwards, provided that the minimum eligibility for the programme in which the student is interested, is met.
Is computer science mandatory as a subject in Grade XII to apply for CS?
No, computer science is not a mandatory subject in Grade XII to apply for B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering. In the first year of B.Tech, the fundamentals of the programming are covered.
What is the minimum attendance required to appear in the examination?
Minimum 70% attendance is required in each course in order to appear in the end semester examination. This is as per the UGC guidelines.
What’s the provision to change specialization area?
The student has the choice change the area of specialization within the first six months of the programme. Although a student has the liberty to move to B.Tech CSE without specialization anytime during the B.Tech program.
What will be the name of the degree of B.Tech CSE program?
The student will be awarded a degree of B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering along with a separate certificate with respect to his/her specialization. Certificate of a particular specialization will be granted subject to the completion of at least 6 out of 8 electives courses of that specialization. For each programme elective, the student needs to ensure that the condition for its prerequisite is fulfilled.
What are the major differentiators of each B.Tech Specialization programme?
With the technological revolution in specialized areas like Data Science, Cyber Security & Forensics, AI & ML, Full Stack, Blockchain and Gaming, Augmented and Virtual Reality all these specializations have their own relevance. The key highlights of each specialization with outcomes and career prospects are available on the following link: http://www.ncuindia.edu/schools/computer-science-engineering/?school=1288