Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) (Hons.)
B.Com courses – Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
On completing this course: –
1. Graduates can join professional career in fields of banking, finance service, research and consultancy in private as well as Govt. owned companies of repute in India and abroad.
2. Graduates can pursue a relevant post-graduate study such as MBA, MBE, M.Com, MFC, CA, CS, ICWA and other professional courses.
3. Graduates will be informed and involved members of their communities, and responsible professionals. Students will be finding efficient program from NCU, B Com Hons College in Gurgaon.
Programme Outcomes (PO’s)
By the end of the program from B Com Hons Courses in Gurgaon, the students should be able to: –
1. Acquire basic knowledge of various disciplines in finance, economics, law, and management and to and apply the same to real business issues in a holistic manner. (Multidisciplinary Knowledge)
2. Understand the basic concepts of finance and accounting that will help them to prepare and analyze various financial statements. (Finance and Accounts Application in Business)
3. Understand the basic concepts of quantitative methods to apply in the study of other disciplines and prepare project reports. (Quantitative Application in Business)
4. Understand the process of price and output decisions in product as well as factor market along with the behavior of a consumer of spending his limited income to fulfill various needs. (Microeconomics)
5. Understand the basic concepts of macro and monetary economics relevant to business decision. (Macro and Monetary Economics). We provide most efficient B.Com Hons for UG Programs.
6. Acquire the basic legal knowledge related the various business operations. (Law in Business)
7. Understand the basic management functions and fundamentals of business management. (Basics Business Management)
8. Understand various environmental problems and their impact on society and business. (Environmental Study)
9. Demonstrate IT knowledge and skills for efficient and effective business processes and develop innovative methods of applying IT and e-commerce for competitive advantage. (IT proficiency). We offer the comprehensive Undergraduate Program of B Com Hons for students.
10. Demonstrate IT knowledge and skills for efficient and effective business processes and develop innovative methods of applying IT and e-commerce for competitive advantage. (IT proficiency)
11. Demonstrate ethical conduct in personal and professional decisions and of business and an appreciation of the significance of business ethics and social responsibility in the decision making process. (Ethics & Social Responsibility)
12. Start their own business ventures or demonstrate their entrepreneurial capabilities for their employer organization. (Entrepreneurship)
13. Develop expertise in a specific domain of business operations for further specialization. (Specialization)
Get enrolled in NCU’s Undergraduate B Com Hons in Gurgaon!
Well Qualified Faculty
The school has well qualified faculty members with PhD from reputed institutions like MDI, D.U., IIIT, Jamia Millia, IIT along with industry exposure.
Students are provided platforms for industry interaction through guest lectures, industrial visits and seminars. This helps them to relate classroom learning with real life business situations.
Industry Driven Curriculum
Our curriculum is designed keeping in mind the industry expectations i.e. updated as per the market demands. This is done in consultation with experts from the industry and academia. Core curriculum is supplemented with MOOCs.
Student Mentoring & Guidance
Students are given individualized attention through the mentoring program of SOM. Each faculty regularly holds mentoring sessions in order to help the students in their personal and professional development.
Students are encouraged to actively participate in community service. They undertake relevant projects in collaboration with different NGOs like CRY, Agewell, Goonj.
Students are provided excellent learning infrastructure facilities including access to licensed software, SMART classes, library & electronic resources, ergonomically designed classrooms.
We emphasize on students’ all round development through different clubs and committees focusing extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
Research & Publications
The faculty members are continuously engaged in research activities resulting in good quality publications. They have publications in national & international refereed journals as well as case publications in Harvard.
100% placement assistance is provided to interested and eligible students.
1) Class 11 and 12 Class Pre-Board Exam (English medium) or
2) SAT Score or
3) IB Exam (Predictive score) and
4) Personal Interview
10+2 (English Medium) examination conducted by CBSE or equivalent examination from a recognized board in any stream with an overall aggregate of min 50% or appeared in SAT or IB exam.
Seats – 120
For Year 2020-21
For Indian Students
For NRI Students
Hostel Fee (where applicable) Rs. 65000/- per semester
|% of Tuition Fees as Scholarship||Eligibility (For CBSE )*||SAT Score (Conducted by The College Board)||Scores in IB Diploma Programme|
|100%||CBSE: 99% and above||1500+||43-45|
|50%||CBSE: 95.1%- <99||1400 – 1500||41-42|
|25%||CBSE: 85%- <95||1300 – 1400||32-40|
*For CBSE as per percentage score in applicable subjects by program. Normalised Scores will be taken for other Boards with respect to CBSE)
- The table above is only to represent Fees concessions/Scholarships in case a candidate is selected and the details of Scholarship offered will be part of the Admission Offer extended to candidates upon selection. For selection, University shall follow the announced process.
- Fee Concession includes Haryana Residents and shall be as per the Standard Operating Procedure of The NorthCap University from time to time and available at www.ncuindia.edu.
- Candidate must enroll for the program by depositing the advance fee by the given due date in provisional admission offer letter. Should a candidate fail to do so, candidate shall have no claim over the scholarship. The Scholarship thereafter, shall be passed on to the next eligible candidate.
- Continuation of Admission Scholarship is subject to obtaining CGPA of 8 on a scale of 10, having no backlog and no discipline case being recorded against the student.
- In addition to the fees concession/scholarship, to encourage & motivate students the following awards are also given:
- The NorthCap University Scholars Award (On GATE results – for Final Year BTech)
- Research Fellowship Award (for PhD Scholars)
- Vice Chancellor’s Innovation Fund Awards
- Only one type of scholarship/fee concession from any source whatsoever is admissible to a student. A certificate signed by the student & parent is to be provided as proof for this.
What are the programs offered by School of Management, NCU?
The School of Management (SOM) at The NorthCap University offers programs as under:
- MBA specialization in Business Analytics
- BBA specialization in Digital Marketing
- BBA specialization in Business Analytics
- BCom (Hons)
- BA Eco (Hons)
- BA Psy (Hons)
What is unique about a B.Com (Hons) program?
Bachelor of Commerce with Honours BCom (Hons) degree is a graduate program which can be taken by meritorious students. The course designed to enhance the ability to understand variety of subjects like Accountancy, Business Administration, Finance,Economics and Industrial Policies. Making a student perfect fit for industry.
Can Science stream students pursue a B.Com (Hons) course?
Yes, a science stream student can pursue a B.Com (H) course. However, to pursue B.Com (H), the candidate must have appeared and cleared Mathematics in the qualifying exam. Therefore, science stream students, who did not have Mathematics as one of the subjects, may not be able to pursue.
Can we do MBA after B.Com (Hons)?
Yes, you can pursue your MBA after completing B.Com (H). However, most of the colleges in India take admission to the course based on the scores obtained in MBA entrance exams like CAT.MAT, GMAT, XAT, NMAT etc.
Can I pursue CA with B.Com (Hons)?
Yes, it is generally seen that CA aspirants pursue B.Com (H) while also attempting to clear CA exams. It is possible to do both the courses together, also, the student gets a benefit as some of the subjects are common in both of the courses.
What are the career options for a B.Com (Hons) graduate ?
- Cost Accountant
- Accounts Officer
- Banking Relationship Manager
- Banking Associate/Sales Manager
- Banking Relationship Manager
- Investment Banker
- Sales Executive & Manager
- Government/ PSU’s jobs
- Higher Studies (MCom, MBA, PhD to name a few)
What are USP’s of B.Com (Hons) program?
Following are USP’s of BCom (Hons) program:
- Adequate knowledge in theory and practice.
- Inculcating leadership skills and make them Industry Ready.
- Helps in Career Planning.
- Exposure to Industrial Visits helps in handling the challenges outside.
- Summer Internship programs.
- Developing Soft Skills.
- Personal Grooming and personality development sessions by placement cell.
- Providing a prospect to interrelate with industrial personnel.
- Developing the career opportunities.
Why should I study B.Com (Hons) at NCU?
- Professional Program Delivery: NCU is a systems oriented institution, it guarantees professional program deliverance, very good academic support systems are in place for excellent teaching learning process.
- Industry Academia interface: Program designed in consultation with experts form academia and industry with inputs from practitioners.
- Embedded in Liberal Education Philosophy : School of Management at NCU offers a diverse set of programs with interdisciplinary learning opportunities leading to holistic all-round development of student.
- Research based Real Life Projects: Research based learning with illustrative resolution of real life business and social challenges through cases, projects and assignments. Learn to address national issues with global perspectives.
- Industrial Exposure: Learn through industrial visits, guest lectures, seminars and workshops.
- Mentor-Mentee: At NCU, students are guided by their respective mentees, who not only helps them academically, but also grooms the students according to the current need of the industry. Mentors guide, encourage, and support their mentees in their learning process.
- General Proficiency: Students are encouraged to opt for MOOC courses, certification courses in order to upgrade their knowledge from time to time. They are also encouraged to take part in various activities conducted by the professional societies and clubs of the University.
- Mock Interviews: NCU-SOM helps the students build confidence level by conduction of Mock Interviews by Industrial Experts.
What is the status of UGC recognition? Are all programs approved by UGC?
The University is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC)https://www.ugc.ac.in/privateuniversitylist.aspx?id=8&Unitype=3and recognized by the BarCouncil of India (BCI). The University is also amember of the Association of IndianUniversities (AIU). Besides being a Member of the American Society for Quality (I)Pvt.Ltd., it is also accredited by Accreditation Services for International Colleges (ASIC), UK.
Do you have NIRF recognition?
The University has been ranked 117 in the Engineering category and rank band of 151-200 in the University category inAll India NIRF ranking survey 2019 in which 970 Institutions participated.
Do you have NAAC recognition?
The NorthCap University was accredited in May 2016 by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) fora period of five years i.e. 2016-2021. Accreditation Services for International Colleges (ASIC), UK reaccredited theUniversity in the category of ‘Premier’ Universities with ‘Commendable’ Grades, for 2016-2020.
Is NCU University’s degree recognized in India and abroad?
The degree awarded by NCU is at par with any degree offered by a recognized University anywhere in the world.
How to apply for University programs?
You can fill the online application form available on the website or click here https://bit.ly/3cKIx8E
What is the application form fee, is it refundable?
The application form fee is Rs. 1080 and it is not refundable
How to contact you if there is a question regarding the application form status?
For all admission related queries, you can call on 7428950886 | 7428962198 | 8851485815 or send an email to email@example.com
What is the fee structure for the various programs being offered by the University?
Please visit the admissions tab on www.ncuindia.edu for details regarding the fee structure of all programs offered byNCU.
What is the admission process and selection criteria?
Given the uncertainty around the national level entrance tests due to COVID 19, NCU has decided to provide provisionaladmission to eligible students based on their academic performance in Class XI and XII pre-board exams or SATor IB scores. For more details please visit www.ncuindia.edu.The admission shall be treated as provisional subject to the applicant meeting the minimum eligibility criteria asmentioned in the admission policy 2020 document uploaded on the University website.
What if no Entrance Examination is held this year due to COVID-19?
There is nothing to worry. In such a situation, admissions will be made based on merit in Class 12 or equivalentexaminations like IBDP etc. We are accepting SAT scores also. For certain programs, the shortlisted candidates couldbe asked to appear for an online interview. Please refer to the selection criteria for your program of interest on theUniversity’s website www.ncuindia.edu.
When is Academic Year 2020 expected to commence?
Normally, we commence the session in the third week of July. However, due to COVID-19, this year the commencementcould be deferred to September 1, 2020 as per the directives issuedby UGC on April 29, 2020. The university shall notifyany further changes based on subsequent directives issued by UGC.
Do you offer any fee concessions cum scholarships?
Yes, we offer merit-based fee concessions cum scholarships of 100%, 50% or 25% of Tuition Fee based on performancein XII boards or SATor IB scores.Continuation of Admission Scholarship in subsequent academic years is subject to obtaining CGPAof 8 on a scale of 10,having no backlog and no disciplinary case being recorded against the student.We also offer merit cum means scholarships for Haryana domicile students covering 100%, 50% and 25% of the AnnualFee.
Do you offer Education Loans?
We have a tie-up with Eduvanz Financing Pvt. Ltd. for providing 100% education loan. The process is very simple. Fordetails, you could log onto www.eduvanz.com
What is your placement record?
We lay strong emphasis on the placement of our students. We have an enviable placement record wherein almost everyeligible student is placed. Please refer to the University website for details regarding our recruiters.
Do you provide Hostel facilities?
Yes. We provide separate hostel/mess facilities for males and females. These hostel facilities are provided throughuniversity nominated partners who are in close vicinity to NCU campus.
What is the male/female ratio at your University?
The male/female ratio at NCU is 70:30. We enjoy the distinction of having the largest percentage of female students.
Is your campus secure?
Yes. We have Zero Tolerance for ragging and no such case has been reported. The number of girl students beartestimony of the safety and security in the campus. The campus also has wide CCTV Surveillance.
Do you have seats for children of COVID Warriors?
Yes. We have introduced 5 additional seats for their children in all our programs in Engineering, Management, Law andApplied Sciences for Academic Year commencing 2020-2021. They are also eligible to apply for merit-based feeconcessions cum scholarships.
What is the refund policy?
Refund amount is payable as per UGC Guidelines on Refund of Fees issued in Oct 2018.