MTech in Civil Engineering with specialization in Structural Engineering
M.Tech in Structural Engineering (2 years Full-Time / 3 years Part-Time) is an essential programme in Civil Engineering. Any construction cannot happen without analysis and design. This program exists since the Civil Engineering came into existence, but it’s continuously upgrading as per the demand of the current infrastructure. It always provided excellent career opportunities. Structural engineering has important subjects like Structural Dynamics, Bridge Engineering, Tall structures, Finite element Analysis and also Design of Earthquake resistant structures, Theory of Elasticity and Plasticity, Numerical Methods, Advanced structural designs. These subjects inculcate a deep understanding of the behaviour of structures and help professional Civil Engineer to design various kind of structures.
Typically, a program in this discipline includes concepts from physics, Engineering Mechanics, Mechanics of solids, Structural analysis, design of concrete and steel structures, as well as few mechanical subjects.
Market Trends of Structural Engineering:
- Global adoption of Building Information Modeling (BIM): BIM is getting globally accepted due to its capacity of giving 3D experience in the field of structural Engineering.
- Continuous Inventions on self-healing concrete, 3D printed nanostructures, and structural systems that dynamically adapt to changes in their environment and contributes to sustainable development.
- Computational methods using machine-learning will automate simple engineering tasks while assisting engineers to perform more complex engineering tasks. This will empower engineers to offer more high-value services.
- Sustainable development with focus on Social, environmental and economic aspects
Unique Selling Points of the Specialization:
- Industry ready curriculum ensures learning of cutting-edge technologies which helps students to head start their career in core industries such as Shapoorji Pallonji, L&T, Shobha developers
- Experimental study using Shake table where student can study the behavior of different types of structures during different earthquakes
- Labs with accreditation from National Accreditation Board for testing and calibration laboratories
- The Department has state-of-the-art laboratory facilities which are readily available for hands-on practical work and research.
- Exposure and involvement in specialized industries for internship and thesis work. Mentoring and guidance provided by industry experts.
- Strong alumni connect help students in career guidance.
- MOU’s with various Industries in the field of Structural Engineering. Guest lectures and hands-on training by different industry experts.
- Research and PhD
- Design Engineer
- Project Manager
- Prospects in Private & Public Sector.