B.Tech CE with specialization in Infrastructure Development & Smart Cities
Change is continuous and every individual is striving to have his or her dream house. Civil industry is continuously upgrading itself towards smart facilities. Everything should be available at the fingertips. Smart home, smart surrounding will contribute to Smartcities, which will help the people for the easy and convenient life.
This specialization “Infrastructure development and Smart cities”will prepare students to understand and implement principles of Smartcities and understand some key components of smart city infrastructure such as smart buildings, smart mobility, smart energy, smart water and waste management systems. The program highlights the need for an integrated approach in dealing with such infrastructure.
Market Trends of Infrastructure Development and smart cities:
- India has the second largest urban population in the world and by 2050, around 50% of India’s population i.e., 814 million is expected to live in urban areas.
- The Smart Cities Mission launched on 25thJune 2016, is a majorurban renewal program launched by the Government under Ministry of Urban Developmentto develop and upgrade living conditions and infrastructure in selected 100 cities all over thecountry.
- Atal Missionfor Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) Project aims to transform urbanliving conditions through infrastructure upgradation in 500 selected cities and towns in India.
- The Government of India has launched Rs 103 trillion infrastructure projects and projectsworth Rs 1.70 trillion in transport infrastructure for accelerating highways construction including BRTS.
- Under Government scheme Jawaharlal NehruNational Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) 11 cities to be equipped with Intelligent Transport System (ITS) and Metro Rail Projects.
- Schemes like Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) or Housing for All by2022 brings opportunity for Civil Engineering graduates to contribute in promoting slumrehabilitation and affordable housing for weaker section of the society
Unique Selling points of the specialization
- Industry-oriented curriculum which enables the students to prepare for technical careers with focus towards increased demand for urbanization, energy, water, and sanitation.
- Facilitates overall understanding of Smart Infrastructure Development in current scenario, planning and designing of smart city elements thereby effectively producing prototype models related to subject area.
- Integration of GNSS surveying, 3D Modelling and printing,GIS, Building information modelling (BIM), Artificial Intelligenceconcepts to facilitate smarter decision making.
- Opportunity to become charted engineers through membership of professional institutions and undergo prolonged site exposure during final year to grow exponentially across all verticals.
- Well-trained and qualified faculty
- Project Guidance & Mentoring by Industry Experts
- Opportunity to undergo Online learning modules in blended format.
- Well Equipped NABL accredited Labs for hands on learning
- Holistic Pedagogy–Emphasis on development of additional skills with strong emphasis on:
- Communication & soft skill modules
- Compulsory Foreign Language course
- Large number of open electives with interdisciplinary learning
- Flexibility in curriculum to choose electives
- Exposure through Fine Arts and Liberal Study courses for creative thinking
Consultancy, On Site work, Entrepreneurship, Govt. service, Higher Studies, Project Management