BSc (Hons) Physics program offered by the Department of Applied Sciences at NCU India, is an excellent program for those who wish to have a broad knowledge of the various areas of Physics including fundamental concepts and their applications. The program offers an educational prospect in various areas of Physics. It offers a systematic study of the concepts of Physics and their applications in the real world. The program provides an in-depth education in the core subjects of Physics, starting from Optics, Nuclear, Particle, and Astrophysics, and beyond. The inclusion of the courses of liberal studies like; introduction to Psychology, Indian History, and Constitution, fine arts, etc. typically emphasizes reading and writing extensively about what is being read. These courses will help students in articulating their arguments and doing thorough research.
The curriculum from one of the best BSc colleges in Delhi NCR, includes summer internships, MOOC Courses, effective communication courses, tinkering lab, general proficiency, and a variety of programs and open elective courses for their academic growth in their areas of interest. The curriculum is aligned with the syllabus of various competitive entrance exams like JAM, GATE, NET, etc. to facilitate their admission in master’s programs at other reputed institutions like IIT’s and NIT’s, making it the best BSc physics course in Gurgaon. The curriculum also includes major project and programming-based courses for the technical skill development of the students.
BSc (H) Physics opens up a wide range of job opportunities in the employment areas like Indian Civil Services, Power generating companies, pyrotechnics manufacturing, astronomy, applied electronics, research and development firms, technical journals, Indian civil services, etc. Students may also take up various other job types like a professor, radiation oncologist, research assistant, data analyst, consulting physicist, etc.
- Highly experienced and Research driven Faculty: All faculty members are Ph.D. degrees holders (mostly from IITs, NITs, Central and State Universities).
- Fee concessionand merit scholarships to the deserving students.
- Curriculumhas been designed in accordance to UGC norms. Moreover, the syllabus is aligned with that of NET, GATE, JAM and other competitive exams.
- School of Professional Attachment (Placement cell)provides 100% placement assistance to students after successful completion of the second year of the program.
- Experiment and Project-based curriculum, the students perform the experiment in fully equipped, functional laboratories. Projects may be developed in diversified areas of Physics and related subjects.
- MOOC Courses in the curriculum are adopted from national level platforms like NPTEL, SWAYAM etc.
- Inclusion of liberal study courses inculcates the critical thinking among students which help them to be good professionals and better human being.
- General Proficiency (GP) in each semester helps the students to overcome their weakness by providing them suitable platforms. It offers the students to develop leadership skills too.
- After second year, Internshipis mandatory for all students to provide them exposure of work environment in corporate world and research. Regular industry visits and academic sessions with industry experts make them more employable.
- Since the beginning of the program, each student is assigned a faculty mentor,who helps the students to solve their personal and professional problems. Regular interactions with distinguished professors (Padma Shri & Bhatnagar awardees) keeps the students motivated towards their goals.
- To improve the learning and the performance in examinations, remedial classesare conducted in each semester for slow learning students.
- Tinkering Lab is a platform where interdisciplinary students from various programs join their hands together to work on a project of their mutual interest.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To develop broad and balanced knowledge with understanding of physical concepts, principles and theories of Physics.
- To learn, design and perform experiments to have better clarity of concepts of Physics learnt in classrooms.
- To develop the ability to apply the acquired knowledge of Physics to specific real-life problems.
- To develop the skill of graduates to write entrance exams conducted by IIT’s/Universities to pursue PG and Integrated PhD and to gleam as great Physicist.
- To develop the confidence of graduates to appear for SSC, IBPS, RRB and Civil services exam and to occupy higher posts at administrative level.
- To emphasize the discipline of Physics to be the most important branch of science for pursuing the interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary higher education/research.
Programme Outcome (POs)
- To enhance logical reasoning, arithmetic, aptitude and communication skills, for better employability.
- To formulate and apply first-hand knowledge in advanced applications in various disciplines of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and forefront research experience
- To communicate and analyse the results of theoretical calculations and laboratory experiments in a clear and concise manner that incorporates the scientific conventions.
- To understand the professional and ethical responsibility that has an impact on their higher studies and professional career.
- To work in different disciplines of science, engineering, or computing in a solid core education
- To become proficient in fundamentals of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and in scientific reasoning and effective communication for overall development.
- A systematic understanding of the academic fields of Physics, like Condensed matter Physics, Astrophysics, Nuclear and Particle Physics etc. and their linkage with related disciplinary areas.
Programme Specific Outcome
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO1: The students will obtain the basic and applied knowledge of the Physics Courses with emphasis on the scientific reasoning.
PSO2: The students will be able to demonstrate problem-solving skills required to solve different types of Physics-related problems with well-defined solutions.
PSO3: The student will be able to plan and execute Physics-related experiments, analyze and interpret data, and report accurately the findings of the experiment while relating the findings to relevant theories of Physics.
SCHEME OF B.Sc. (HONS) PHYSICS 2021-24
SCHEME OF B.Sc. (HONS) PHYSICS 2020-23
SCHEME OF B.Sc. (HONS) PHYSICS 2019-22