The Optical Society (OSA), Student Chapter
The Optical Society (OSA) is an international organization having student chapters in more than 300 Universities around the world. It was established in our university under the guidance of Dr. Hukum Singh mainly to introduce the students at undergraduate and graduate level to the world of Optics and Photonics. The activities under our Student chapter have always encouraged students to venture in the field of Research article writings and publishing in journals. Also, our members intend to publicize educational tasks for the spreading of knowledge in Optics by means of basic experiments, demonstrations and lectures by leading researchers and teachers. Most of the needed resources to accomplish these activities are provided by the OSA, such as educational posters and a portable kit for demonstrating Optics to students.
Objectives of “OSA”:
- To promote the generation, application, and archiving of knowledge in optics and photonics.
- Rendition of career guidance and financial assistance to students of the said sciences.
- Exposure to Research International Conferences.
- Continuing education of Members and other interested persons in the said sciences through lectures, workshops, product presentations, publications and expositions.
- Science Day
- Ad Lucem – An optical Treasure Hunt
- Magazine Distribution to schools by OSA members
- Ice-Breaking Session for Freshers
- Photography competition