Master of Laws (LLM)
Must have passed LL.B degree awarded by any University recognized by UGC and BCI.
On the basis of merit determined on personal interview and marks obtained in the qualifying examination conducted by NCU.
For Year 2020-21
For Indian Students
Hostel Fee (where applicable) Rs. 65000/- per semester
|% of Scholarship||Graduation Score||Graduation Score|
|Based on CGPA||Based on Percentage|
Limited scholarships available in each category on first come first serve basis
- The table above is only to represent Fees concessions/Scholarships in case a candidate is selected and the details of Scholarship offered will be part of the Admission Offer extended to candidates upon selection. For selection, University shall follow the announced process.
- Fee Concession includes Haryana Residents and shall be as per the Standard Operating Procedure of The NorthCap University from time to time and available at www.ncuindia.edu.
- Candidate must enroll for the program by depositing the advance fee by the given due date in provisional admission offer letter. Should a candidate fail to do so, candidate shall have no claim over the scholarship. The Scholarship thereafter, shall be passed on to the next eligible candidate.
- Continuation of Admission Scholarship is subject to obtaining CGPA of 8 on a scale of 10, having no backlog and no discipline case being recorded against the student.
- In addition to the fees concession/scholarship, to encourage & motivate students the following awards are also given:
- The NorthCap University Scholars Award (On GATE results – for Final Year BTech)
- Research Fellowship Award (for PhD Scholars)
- Vice Chancellor’s Innovation Fund Awards
- Only one type of scholarship/fee concession from any source whatsoever is admissible to a student. A certificate signed by the student & parent is to be provided as proof for this.
Q1. How many Degree Programmes are offered by School of Law?
Ans: School of Law is offering 5 Years B.B.A.-LL.B. (Hons.) Integrated Degree Programme,
One Year LL.M. Degree Programme in Corporate Law, Human Rights & Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and Ph.D. in Law since its inception in 2010.
Q2. What is the eligibility criterion for admission in 5 Years B.B.A.-LL.B. (H) Degree Programme?
Ans: Applicant must have obtained minimum 50% Marks in Aggregate in 10+2 or Class 11 & 12-Pre-Board Marks with minimum 50 marks in English or SAT Score or IB (Predictive score) or appeared in CLAT/LSAT/AILET 2020 and Personal Interview.
Q3. What is the current ranking of School of Law?
Ans: The NorthCap University’s School of Law (SOL) is amongst the premier law schools in North India and the preferred destination for every law aspirant. In the National Law Schools Survey 2018, SOL was awarded 1st Rank in the Northern Region by Competition Success Review Survey 2018. It has been a delightful yet a rigorous joint effort on the part of the students and faculty who relentlessly work for the success of the School. SOL provides the highest quality professional legal education to equip students for a transnational practice and to face the challenges posed by the internationalization of the legal profession.
Q4. What are the USPs of School of Law?
Ans: Overwhelming response from law aspirants have been received every year for admission in School of Law since its inception in 2010 on the basis of following USPs:
- Multiple Offerings: School of Law offers five years Integrated BBA-LL.B (Hons) Degree Programme, One year LL.M programme with specialization in Corporate Law, Human Rights and IPR; and Ph.D. in Law.
- Emphasis on Clinical Legal Education
- Strong Faculty base with live experience.
- Good Internships and Placements: Top Law Firms, Delhi High Court, Tribunals and Supreme Court of India.
Q5. What is the status of annual placement and internships offered by School of Law?
Ans: At SOL you can choose to be a part of the Recruitment Co-ordination Committee – a student-run body responsible for internships and placements of law students. The School facilitates the allotment of internship opportunities to all its students. Our students intern and work closely with prominent Supreme Court lawyers, Government organisations, public prosecutors, law firms of repute, eminent lawyers practicing in various High Courts and District Courts and in prominent NGOs specializing in public interest litigations. After graduating from SOL we support you for your placement with reputed law firms. Lawyers can also work as legal advisors in companies, public sector undertakings, NGOs, legal process outsourcing (LPO). By clearing exams conducted by Public Service Commissions, a law graduate can become a judge. Moreover, The NorthCap University has established a central office with the name School of Professional Attachment (SPA) to provide assistance for internship through out the year and placement after completion of the degree programme. Complete details regarding placement can be obtained from in-campus office OR visit SPA portal https://www.ncuindia.edu/placements/spa for more details.
Q6. What is the procedure to apply for admission in B.B.A.-LL.B. (H) Degree Programme?
Ans: Applicants may apply online for admission on our website www.ncuindia.edu. Applicants may apply offline as well at NCU campus on any working day between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Q7. What is the intake and reservation policy for admission in B.B.A.-LL.B. (H) Degree Programme?
Ans: Total 120 seats are available in B.B.A.-LL.B. (H) Degree Programme.
- While 15% seats are allocated for NRI/International students, a total 18 seats are reserved out of 120 seats.
- 25% of total seats shall be for Haryana residents (Haryana General =15%; Haryana SC =10%), i.e. a total of 30 seats for Haryana Residents.
Q9. What are the research facilities and e-library access provided by School of Law?
Ans: To foster research we publish the NCU Law Review, a biannual, blind peer-reviewed journal. It serves as a forum for the promotion and circulation of views on contemporary legal issues and for encouraging quality research and publications. Faculty members contribute research papers in international and national journals of repute and in conference proceedings and presentations. Recently a research scholar published three books on environment and sustainable development. She was sponsored by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and the Research Institute of Environmental Law (RIEL), Wuhan University (China), to attend a workshop in China. ‘Manupatra’, the online research portal, conducts certificate legal research training and sessions for students. It is the largest content aggregator of Indian and international material, linking primary information, secondary material and proprietary analytical content.
Q10. What are the foundation stones of clinical legal education at School of Law?
Ans: The Moot Court Committee at the NCU Law School, Gurugram encompasses the spirit for mooting that NCU recognizes as its own. Apart from maintaining a strong internal mooting structure, the Committee has been entrusted with the responsibility of hosting annually, the NCU Law School National Moot Court Competition. The Objective is not to organize a competition but at the same time hold mooting with a purpose or a cause. To this extent, the Committee is proud to find itself entrusted with the organization of a very prestigious and well respected moot court competition on Environmental Laws. The Committee also makes efforts to inculcate the fresher batch with the techniques of mooting and therefore conducts regular sessions on court manners and arranges for the Intra-Moot Competitions. Given the extraordinary amounts of preparatory work involved in the organisation of the various events, the Committee is an ever bustling centre of activity, and is without wonder, a coveted committee to be in.
Q11. What are the free legal aid facilities provided by School of Law?
Ans: Clinical legal education is a progressive educational ideology and pedagogy that is most often implemented through university programs. School of Law has incorporated the clinical teaching methods through different centers and societies, as the objective is to promote learning by doing.LEGAL AID SOCIETY through Clinical Legal Education provides an effective and sustainable solution to the problem that impedes and hinders access to justice in Gurugram and nearby local areas. The Society annually organizes 12-14 events.
The society aims to achieve following objectives:
- Marginalized and disadvantaged groups often lack the legal knowledge, understanding or financial means to access the law and their rights. The result is a sense of injustice throughout societies in which a growing rift divides those with financial and legal means and those without means. Student members are actively organize ‘Sabhas’ and ‘visits’ to local communities and villages to organize interactive sessions to discuss the legal issues and entitlement rights to further help them exercise their rights.
- Students are trained on two aspects one disseminating social justice and reaching for access to justice. This imbibes in them the legal skills, knowledge and hand-on practical training to prepare them for diverse opportunities of the legal sector.
- Organizing seminars and workshops to spread awareness on various Social Issues.
- Foster broader and deeper connections bridging between the global universe of legal practitioners and the academy.
Help line number +91 8448495100