Yukti, a social service cell at The NorthCap University, Gurgaon aims at bringing the Faculty and Students together to make life better for the negligent and suffered, regardless of caste, color, religion or status. The society helps the society to meet the diverse needs of people from all walks of life.
Functional Branches of Yukti:
- Jaagriti Cell: for spreading awareness on all sensitive topics.
- Prerana Cell: with the motto “Each one teach one.” It basically aims to provide Education to all.
- Suvidha Cell: takes care of health care related segment that spreads, amongst all sections of society, the message of Healthy living.
- Kushi Cell: with the goal of spreading happiness and bringing A SMILE to everyone’s face.
Events conducted from Jan-April 2018:
UPHAAR- An Organ donation Camp:
Yukti social service cell organised an organ donation camp, from 20th to 24th March 2017, wherein people could pledge to donate their organs after death. The main aim of this camp was to spread awareness about the benefits of organ donation in case of brain death and thus motivate students/faculty to pledge to donate their organs after death.
Open Mic on Woman safety and empowerment:
An OPEN MIC was organised by the YUKTI social service cell, on 6th September 2017 The theme was WOMEN SAFETY AND EMPOWERMENT, everyone was welcome to come up and speak on this issue.
Old Age Home Visit:
Yukti team visited Tau Devi Lal Old Age Home on Wednesday , 24th January, 2018. Faculty, students and other staff members took part in this activity by visiting them and contributing towards the cause. We have donated
1. Hygiene Kits (Bath Soap, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Comb, Cotton, Cream etc. )
2. General Hygiene Items (Phenyl, Dish Washing Soap, Mosquito Repellents etc.)
3. Refreshments (Biscuits, Chips, Juices etc. )
4. Basic Food Items (Rice, Wheat Flour, Pulses, Spices etc. ).