Bachelor of Arts (BA) - Economics (Hons.)
Program Outcomes (POs)
By the end of the program, the students should be able to: –
1. Articulate multiple principles, concepts, and theoretical perspectives central to understanding complex international issues relating to various sectors and in various domains.
2. Formulate effective responses to specific interdisciplinary problems.
3. Connect their personal beliefs to their professional practice.
4. Prepare themselves for multiple careers and learn other careers not aware of before.
5. Be Industry ready.
6. Write and speak professionally for diverse audiences.
7. Develop key critical thinking skills.
8. Enhance their creativity level.
9. Get high chance of becoming top decision makers of an organization.
10. To face the VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complex and Ambiguity) environment through teaching pedagogy.
11. Programs are an integration of qualitative (Art, culture) and quantitative (Stat, Quant) to make it intensive, relevant and with liberal approach.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
On completing this course: –
1. Graduates can join professional career in fields of IES, Economics Analyst, Statistical Analyst, Banking, finance service, research and consultancy in private as well as Govt. owned companies of repute in India and abroad, in case of B.A. (Hons) in Economics.
2. Graduates can pursue a relevant post-graduate study such as MBA, MBE, MA, M.Com, MFC and other professional courses.
3. Graduates will be informed and involved members of their communities, and responsible professionals.
1) Class 11 and 12 Class Pre-Board Exam (English medium) or
2) SAT Score or
3) IB Exam (Predictive score) and
4) Personal Interview
10+2 (English Medium) examination conducted by CBSE or equivalent examination from a recognized board in any stream with an overall aggregate of min 50% or appeared in SAT or IB exam.
Seats – 45
For Year 2020-21
For Indian Students
For NRI Students
Hostel Fee (where applicable) Rs. 65000/- per semester
|% of Tuition Fees as Scholarship||Eligibility (For CBSE )*||SAT Score (Conducted by The College Board)||Scores in IB Diploma Programme|
|100%||CBSE: 99% and above||1500+||43-45|
|50%||CBSE: 95.1%- <99||1400 – 1500||41-42|
|25%||CBSE: 85%- <95||1300 – 1400||32-40|
*For CBSE as per percentage score in applicable subjects by program. Normalised Scores will be taken for other Boards with respect to CBSE)
- The table above is only to represent Fees concessions/Scholarships in case a candidate is selected and the details of Scholarship offered will be part of the Admission Offer extended to candidates upon selection. For selection, University shall follow the announced process.
- Fee Concession includes Haryana Residents and shall be as per the Standard Operating Procedure of The NorthCap University from time to time and available at www.ncuindia.edu.
- Candidate must enroll for the program by depositing the advance fee by the given due date in provisional admission offer letter. Should a candidate fail to do so, candidate shall have no claim over the scholarship. The Scholarship thereafter, shall be passed on to the next eligible candidate.
- Continuation of Admission Scholarship is subject to obtaining CGPA of 8 on a scale of 10, having no backlog and no discipline case being recorded against the student.
- In addition to the fees concession/scholarship, to encourage & motivate students the following awards are also given:
- The NorthCap University Scholars Award (On GATE results – for Final Year BTech)
- Research Fellowship Award (for PhD Scholars)
- Vice Chancellor’s Innovation Fund Awards
- Only one type of scholarship/fee concession from any source whatsoever is admissible to a student. A certificate signed by the student & parent is to be provided as proof for this.
What are the programs offered by School of Management, NCU?
The School of Management (SOM) at The NorthCap University offers programs as under:
- MBA specialization in Business Analytics
- BBA specialization in Digital Marketing
- BBA specialization in Business Analytics
Why should I choose BA (H) in Economics?
Academically, economics makes you understand the social concerns, that is, study of issues like employment, growth and development, inflation, globalization, health, poverty, etc. It also makes us understand the scientific methods like rigorous theoretical and statistical analysis. B.A. (H) Economics at The NorthCap University is considered as part of liberal arts education, it gives a pertinent background for careers in corporate and government and also higher education.
What are the pre-requisites for BA (H) in Economics?
The student should have a mathematical background and an understanding of the Economy. He/ She must have analytical mind to understand the technicalities of the program.
Why should I study B.A. (H) Economics at NCU?
- Professional Program Deliverance: NCU is a systems oriented institution – guarantees good professional program deliverance, very good academic support systems in place
- Embedded in Liberal Education Philosophy : School of Management at NCU offers a diverse set of programs with interdisciplinary learning opportunities leading to holistic all-round development of student.
- Industrial & Academia interface: BA (Hons) Economics at NCU-SOM – a program designed by expert senior academician and industrialist with inputs from practitioners.
- Quantitative Methodology: Students learn Econometrics and Statistical tools using relevant software and models.
- Research based Reality Projects: Research based learning with illustrative resolution of real life economic and social challenges through cases, projects and assignments. Learn to address national issues with global perspectives. Students at NCU have already worked for projects like traffic congestion, application of queuing theory in Hospitals, etc.
- Industrial Exposure: Learn through corporate visits, guest lectures, seminars and workshops.
- Mentor-Mentee: At NCU, students are guided by their respective mentees, who not only helps them academically, but also grooms the students according to the current need of the industry. Mentors guide, encourage, and support their mentees in their learning process.
- General Proficiency: Students are encouraged to opt for MOOC courses, certification courses in order to upgrade their knowledge from time to time. They are also encouraged to take part in various activities conducted by the professional societies and clubs of the University.
- Mock Interviews: NCU-SOM helps the students build confidence level by conduction of Mock Interviews by Industrial Experts.
What are your USP’s?
The following are our USP’s :
- State of art Infrastructure.
- Interdisciplinary and Holistic Approach – Students take courses over a wide range of options in the first year.
- Programs are an integration of qualitative (Art, culture) & quantitative (Stats, Quant) to make it intensive, relevant and with liberal approach.
- Provide flexibility to tailor the student’s education to meet future demand by opting for market driven curriculum.
- The students are groomed to face the VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complex and Ambiguity) environment in teaching pedagogy.
- Well qualified faculty (mostly Ph.D degree holders).
How will this programme make us Industry ready?
We make you Industry ready by:
- Facilitating Vocation Analysis.
- Assisting in Exposure to authentic working Environment by internship programs.
- Providing a prospect to interrelate with industry personnel.
- Revelation to Industrial Environment & Work Culture.
- Helping in Developing Soft Skills in the Students.
- Helping in overall Career Development.
- Facilitating in providing Opportunities to develop career in Industry.
- Hand out as a Launch Pad to the Students
- Facilitating providing Exposure of Industrial Environment, Economic Models, Quantitative Analysis, and Latest Software Applications through Apprentice Training and Visits in different fields.
- Maintaining good and healthy relations with Industries.
- Maintaining and adding updated information regarding latest requirements in the industries in our curriculum.
- Conducting Workshops on latest models, theories and software usage for quick up-gradation of the students.
What are the career options after BA Eco. (Hons)?
- Various corporate /public sector jobs
- Economic Consulting Jobs
- Research analyst
- Civil services
- Higher education (MA Economics, MBA, PhD to name a few)
Is NCU University’s degree recognized in India and abroad?
The degree awarded by NCU is at par with any degree offered by a recognized University anywhere in the world.
How to apply for University programs?
You can fill the online application form available on the website or click here https://bit.ly/3cKIx8E
What is the application form fee, is it refundable?
The application form fee is Rs. 1080 and it is not refundable
How to contact you if there is a question regarding the application form status?
For all admission related queries, you can call on 7428950886 | 7428962198 | 8851485815 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have Hostel facility?
Yes. We provide separate hostel/mess facilities for males and females. These hostel facilities are provided through university nominated partners who are in close vicinity to NCU campus.
Is your campus secure?
Yes. We have Zero Tolerance for ragging and no such case has been reported. The number of girl students bear testimony of the safety and security in the campus. The campus also has wide CCTV Surveillance.
What is the status of UGC recognition? Are all programs approved by UGC?
The University is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) https://www.ugc.ac.in/privateuniversitylist.aspx?id=8&Unitype=3 and recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI). The University is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Besides being a Member of the American Society for Quality (I) Pvt. Ltd., it is also accredited by Accreditation Services for International Colleges (ASIC), UK.
Do you have NIRF recognition?
The University has been ranked 117 in the Engineering category and rank band of 151-200 in the University category in All India NIRF ranking survey 2019 in which 970 Institutions participated.
Do you have NAAC recognition?
The NorthCap University was accredited in May 2016 by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) for a period of five years i.e. 2016-2021. Accreditation Services for International Colleges (ASIC), UK reaccredited the University in the category of ‘Premier’ Universities with ‘Commendable’ Grades, for 2016-2020.
What is the admission process and selection criteria?
Given the uncertainty around the national level entrance tests due to COVID 19, NCU has decided to provide provisionaladmission to eligible students based on their academic performance in Class XI and XII pre-board exams or SATor IB scores. For more details please visit www.ncuindia.edu.The admission shall be treated as provisional subject to the applicant meeting the minimum eligibility criteria asmentioned in the admission policy 2020 document uploaded on the University website.
What if no Entrance Examination is held this year due to COVID-19?
There is nothing to worry. In such a situation, admissions will be made based on merit in Class 12 or equivalent examinations like IBDP etc. We are accepting SAT scores also. For certain programs, the shortlisted candidates could be asked to appear for an online interview. Please refer to the selection criteria for your program of interest on the University’s website www.ncuindia.edu.
When is Academic Year 2020 expected to commence?
Normally, we commence the session in the third week of July. However, due to COVID-19, this year the commencement could be deferred to September 1, 2020 as per the directives issued by UGC on April 29, 2020. The university shall notify any further changes based on subsequent directives issued by UGC.
Do you offer any fee concessions cum scholarships?
Yes, we offer merit-based fee concessions cum scholarships of 100%, 50% or 25% of Tuition Fee based on performance in XII boards or SATor IB scores. Continuation of Admission Scholarship in subsequent academic years is subject to obtaining CGPAof 8 on a scale of 10, having no backlog and no disciplinary case being recorded against the student. We also offer merit cum means scholarships for Haryana domicile students covering 100%, 50% and 25% of the Annual Fee.
Do you offer Education Loans?
We have a tie-up with Eduvanz Financing Pvt. Ltd. for providing 100% education loan. The process is very simple. For details, you could log onto www.eduvanz.com