Department of Mechanical Engineering (ME)
To be a preferred destination for students, researchers, teachers and external stakeholders by providing quality education, nurturing innovative thinking and promoting socially relevant research environment in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
Highly Qualified Faculty Members
- 70% faculty members in the department are PhDs.
- All faculty members are from premier institutions like IITs both from India and abroad.
- Faculty has expertise in all domains i.e. Design, Automobile, Robotics, Thermo-Fluid, Industrial, Manufacturing and Engineering Materials.
- Faculty along with students are active in research and consultancy in thrust areas.
- Nearly 100% placements for all the eligible students.
- Some of the major recruiters are Deloitte, OPTUM - A United Health Group Company, Fidelity International, Vegazva Engineering, Lutron, MACE, CB&I, Denso, Subros, Samsung, Flour Daniel, Maruti, Sona, IFB, Reliance Industries and many more.
- Package up to 6.5 Lacs per annum.
- Job oriented Practice Modules for placements in government and private sectors.
- Skill based industrial learning modules.
- Industrial partners for internship cum placement: Maruti Center for Excellence, Daikin Air-Conditioning India Pvt Ltd., MEL etc.
Flexible and Market Driven Curriculum
- Courses are reviewed periodically in consultation with experts from the industry and academia.
- Option of choosing from various available industry relevant specializations.
- Value added courses for enhancement of technical and soft skills leading to better student employability.
- Flexibility in choosing desired courses and projects.
- Industry based live project
- Option of studying in universities abroad through student exchange programme.
- Curriculum designed for students to excel in national and international level competitive examinations.
- Experiential teaching-learning process.
- Foreign language courses.
- Students’ participation in sports, professional societies, national/international completions, cultural events, social activities and other co-curricular activities form a part of our curriculum.
Outstanding Industry-Academia Engagement
- MoUs with following industries:
- Maruti Center for Excellence
- Daikin Air-Conditioning India Private Ltd.
- Beijing Wavespectrum Science and Technology Co., Ltd.
- Delta Electronics India Private Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Electric India Private Ltd.
- Industry based live projects for students.
- Summer and Semester Internship with Industry.
- Hands-on Certified Training Programme with Industry.
- Student participation in industry sponsored national competitions.
- Seminars and workshops from industry experts.
- Students’ educational visits to industries.
State-Of-The Art Laboratory Facility
- 23+ practical labs.
- Daikin’s Center of Excellence.
- Mechanics lab. in collaboration with Beijing Wavespectrum Science and Technology Co., Ltd.
- The Internal Combustion laboratory with CRDI engine,
- Complete academic and research software module of ANSYS.
- Solidworks for design.
- 3D printing facility.
- CNC machines.
- Omni Bundle Robot
- PLC trainer and automation kits.
- Marker’s space for creative projects.
- And many more
- The department has 1000+ Alumni
- Yearly Departmental Alumni meet
- Alumni engaged in preparing students for placement interviews.
- Mentoring sessions by Alumni for national competitions.
- Interactive sessions of Alumni with students.
- Internships and placements through Alumni.
- Industry based live projects through Alumni.