Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering : Program Highlights
Latest Industry Aligned Curriculum
Balanced, industry aligned curriculum, compares with the best like IITs, NITs etc.Includes current industry trends in ECE like 5G, IOT, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and other emerging areas.
Well Qualified Faculty
Students are provided platforms for industry interaction through guest lectures, industrial visits and seminars. This helps them to relate classroom learning with real life business situations.
Higher Education Opportunities in Premier Universities
Many of our students pursuing PG programs in prestigious universities abroad like University of Pennsylvania, Georgia Tech University, Carnegie Mellon University, University of California and so on as well as in India at IITs & IIMs etc.
Excellent Student Placements
Consistently 100 % placements of eligible students for last many years in well-known companies like Deloitte, Reliance, Ericsson, Airtel, Cadence, Synopses, TCS and so on with average salary package of Rs 4.5 Lacs and maximum exceeding Rs 10 Lacs per annum.
Regular Student Counselling & Guidance
Dedicated student counsellors for providing career and other guidance throughout the program duration. Preparing e-portfolios for each student to identify their strengths and find out best employment match, based on individual student’s aptitude and skillset.
Guidance & Support from Successful Alumni
Have a large pool of successful alumni working in key positions in companies like Apple, Intel Cadence, Synopses and so on & in Govt depts. Many have turned successful entrepreneurs. The alumni in close contact with students to guide them in project work, internships and career and placements.
Many Alliances & Interfaces with Academia & Industry
All faculty members having close interfaces with industry through faculty Externship program, an innovative step towards bridging industry academia gap. Many MOUs including with ISRO for research projects and IITs for various e-learning programs of MHRD, Govt of India, with industries like Mitsubishi for project work etc.
PhD Programs & Research
Congenial environment for research with more than 25 research scholars pursuing their Ph.D & working in futuristic areas like emerging wireless technologies, VLSI design, renewable energy etc. The dept has yearly more than 50 research publications by faculty in top SCI/ Scopus indexed journals / conferences and the faculty is also working on several sponsored research projects from GOI & other agencies.
Teaching Pedagogy in line with Industry needs
Progressive teaching pedagogy with emphasis on development of higher order skills like problem solving, creative thinking etc. through beyond the classroom learning in tune with current employability requirements. Strong emphasis on Context & project based learning through mini projects, tinkering lab, thought lab, industry visits, guest lectures and Student Activities & Leadership events, professional societies like IEEE student chapter, SPIE, incubation center etc. and giving due credits for their outcomes.
Internet of Things is among the newest innovations in the field of information technology. It is the network of physical devices, home appliances, vehicles and other items embedded with electronics, software, actuators, sensors connected through network which enable these objects to connect and exchange data. It is set to create a huge wave in the common man’s life and change the way we receive information.
Internet of Things specialization is designed to deliver the key aspect of technologies that collectively lead to this new concept. It allows students to explore the enabling technologies such as microcontrollers, instrumentation, sensors and wireless networks. Leading business organizations have started focusing on the opportunities thrown up by Internet of Things like smart cities; therefore, companies are in search of professionals who have strong foundational knowledge in the concepts of Internet of Things. Students with B.Tech. (ECE) with specialization in Internet of Things will get to know the benefits of a connected world and smart cities.
Learning Outcomes of this Track:
- Interpret unique ways of communication between the human world and physical devices
- Apply practical knowledge on IoT sensors, microcontrollers, networks, cloud computing and machine learning to develop IoT systems.
- Develop latest web application and programming skills including python and applications in machine learning and AI.
- Employ both electronics and computer science engineering technologies with focus on both hardware and software.
- Analyze and interpret the future trends associated with IoT devices and its various components.
- Design real life projects like home automation, smart parking etc. where information can be extracted from devices and used for enhancement of the techniques used in the business
- Use several tools and techniques that tackle real-world problems and generate suitable solutions
- IoT Data analytics
- IoT Hardware engineer
- Embedded Programs Engineer
- IoT Architect
- IoT Developer
- Network Engineer
Embedded and VLSI Industry are the future of Indian and Global Electronics and Computer industry. This world of electronics and computer engineers has tremendous growth opportunities in various sectors as, Domestic Electronics, Medical Science, Automobile, Aircraft, Mobile, Computing, IoT, Entertainment, Banking, Robotics, and many more. The demand for the Embedded and VLSI design engineers is quite high in India to develop Systems, Software, Hardware-Software Co-design Models, SoC, ASIC, Standard Cells, and Verification. This course aims to prepare students to be industry ready for Embedded Systems and Semiconductors Industry segment for the PAN India and Global market. Also, since India is running short in skilled workforce in Embedded Systems and VLSI Design, this course of BTech in ECE with Specialization in Embedded Systems and VLSI Design shall create skilled and productive engineers for these industries in order to fulfill the skills shortage gaps.
Learning Outcomes of this Track:
- Develop the concepts of automation during the design cycle phase by compiling on Linux OS and using Scripting Languages
- Analyze and implement the fundamental concepts of designing of Digital and Analog circuits and systems using CMOS devices and standard cells
- Apply the CMOS design rules, static and dynamic logic structures, interconnect analysis, CMOS chip layout, simulation, verification, testing, and low power techniques in the VLSI system and sub-system design
- Plan, create and implement the hardware, software, Co-design design test models at the complex embedded systems in our day to day life
- Evaluate, describe, validate and optimize embedded electronic systems in different areas of industrial application such as automobile, aircraft, house-hold, communications, robotics, etc.
- Use the embedded and VLSI tools and technologies to meet the real world challenges and propose suitable solution for them
- RTL Design Engineer
- Verification Engineer
- Synthesis Engineer
- Software Testing
- DFT Engineer
- Product & Validation Engineer
- FPGA Engineer
- Physical Design Engineer
- Layout Design Engineer
- Analog Design Engineer
- SoC Design Engineer
- EDA Development
- Firmware Developer Engineer-WLAN/CAN/RTOS/FPGA
- Microcontroller/Device Driver Engineer
- System Architecture Engineer
- Android Middleware Validation Engineer
- Software & Automotive Engineers
- Hardware Design Engineer
- System Testing Engineer