Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CE)
To be known as global leaders in the area of Civil & Environmental Engineering through innovations, academic excellence and socially relevant research outcomes and to become a preferred destination for all the stakeholders.
Latest Industry Aligned Curriculum
- Balanced, industry aligned curriculum, in line with IITs, NITs etc. which includes current industry trends in Civil Engineering such as
- Smart Infrastructure development , Green building Technology and Smart cities
- Remote Sensing and GIS,
- Structural Health Monitoring, Rehabilitation and Sustainability of built environment, intelligent transportation systems
- The Department is credited with having highly qualified and experienced faculty from IITs, NITs and other reputed institutes with extensive teaching and research experience.
- The department has more than 60 % faculty members having PhD degrees.
- In the department, a Faculty Student Ratio, which is better than 1:15 and is comparable to the Best Universities in the country is maintained.
- The department has State-of-the-Art laboratory facilities which are readily available for hands-on practical work and research.
- A variety of laboratories for Structural Analysis, Geotechnical Engineering, Concrete Technology, Highway Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Surveying, Environmental Engineering, Engineering Geology, and Computer Simulation and Modeling are available.
Teaching Pedagogy In Line With Industry Needs
- Faculty are specially trained in Outcome based Education.
- Out of box thinking is encouraged for students.
- Progressive teaching pedagogy with emphasis on development of higher order skills like problem solving, creative thinking etc. through beyond the classroom
- Project Based Learning in tune with current employability requirements.
The NorthCap University Testing Centre (NABL Accredited)
- The NorthCap University Testing Centre (NCUTC) in the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering provides facilities and equipment for the mechanical testing of building and construction materials, which is accredited by NABL.
- NCUTC provides professional services to Govt. and Private organizations and agencies involved in real estate business and the construction industry.
Excellent Student Placement:
- Multinational and private sector companies like L&T, CB&I, OYO Rooms, Zomato, Fluor Daniel India Pvt. Ltd., Shobha Developers, Global Reality, Seafaradays Energy Pvt. Ltd., Express Roadways etc. regularly recruit our civil engineers with packages 3 - 6 LPA.
- Recent International placement is with Sobha Developers Dubai with 12 LPA.
- With desire to become successful entrepreneur and explore the globe as leaders, many of the Civil Engineering Graduates have turned into successful entrepreneurs
Many Alliances & Interface With Academia & Industry
- MOU with Michigan Technological University, Houghton USA for 3+1+1 student exchange program.
- MOU with Industries such as G Engg. Advisory Pvt. Ltd, Bhavishya India Group, Smash Contractors, Seseafaradays Energy Pvt. & Global Realty for industrial training, faculty externship and consultancy projects.
- MOU with Indian Road Safety Champaign, IRSC Students Chapter, IIT Delhi for exchange of resources.
- MOU with CADD Centre, Gurugram as software training partner such as M X Road, Primavera etc.
Regular Student Counseling & Guidance
- Dedicated student counselors for providing career and other academics related guidance throughout the program duration.
- Honing students to have e-portfolios which helps them in identifying their strengths and find best employment match, based on individual student’s aptitude and skill set.
- Parent Information System, class committee meetings and parent teacher meets are given due importance to track students strong and weak areas.
Higher Education Opportunities In Premier Universities
- Many of our students are pursuing PG programs in prestigious universities abroad like University of Houston, University of Illinois, University of Massachusetts Lowell, University of Buffalo, Newyork, North Calorina, State University, University of Colorado, Boulder, Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge (UK), University of Westminster, University of California and so on as well as in India at IITs, IIMs, NITs etc.