Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
Department of Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology (CSE &IT) encourages all modern endeavors in academia, learning innovations, socially relevant research and problem solving. The department aims at being recognized universally as a promoter of computing technologies and their applications.
Competent and Experienced Faculties
- Maximum faculty members are PhD qualified from the reputed Universities like IITs, JNU etc.
- Quality Publications in SCI, Scopus Indexing Journals, Book Chapters and Conference Proceedings
- Faculties having excellence awards and the special achievements like Advanced Level Instructors by Cisco Networking Academy, Teaching and Research Excellence, Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award, Editors and Editorial board members in the reputed journals.
Prime Courses aligning with the Industries
- Designed curriculum of emerging and state of the art courses in each specialization
- With the general track of CSE, the department offers five specializations such as Data Science & Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things & Cloud Computing, Game Tech, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality, Cyber Security and Full Stack Development.
Excellent Placement Record
- More than 95 % of the eligible students gets placed through the campus with an average package of around 5 LPA.
- Best Companies visited for the campus recruitment like Deloitte, Yatra, Ernst & Young, HSBC, Orange, British Telecom, Gemini Solutions, BYJU’s, Wipro, Make My Trip, Fidelity, Nagarro, TCS, IBM, OYO, Zomato, Sapient, Protivity etc.
- Students actively participate in various National & International project competitions like Google Summer of Code, ACM ICPC, Deloitte Collegiate, Cyber Threat Competition , TCS EngiNX , Case study competition on Human Trafficking and Child Nutrition by NSS, National Competitions by CSI, Code-a-Thon, Microsoft Core Imagine Cup, Panellist at ASQ & Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University,
- Session delivery on the theme, Empowering Employees and Employability of students at ASQ and Google Summit.
- Many of our students are speakers at various International conferences like FOSSASIA at Singapore , Google’s Grace Hopper Conference and in United Nations Climate Change
- Active involvement in publishing research papers in peer-index journals, reputed conferences etc.
Tie Ups with the National & International Brands
- Exchange programs for the students and faculty
- Students are provided guidance for the research and higher studies through our collaborations with ITB Ireland, Michighan Technological University USA, University of Dayton USA, and Providence University Taiwan.
- MoUs for the joint projects and internships with the companies like MAGES Studio Singapore, ANSYST Consulting, AgBe Technologies, TRUPAY, BOOK CHOR, VDoIT, QuickDocIn, GamesOnDoor, SGIT
- Association with Alumni working in the key positions in companies like Mckinsey, Deloitte, Fidelity, Ernst and Young etc.
- Active participation of Alumni for guidance in the projects, higher studies and career counselling.
- Strong engagements with more than 1000 alumni through social media such as Facebook.
- Interactions with Alumni through the Guest Lectures, Workshops, Pre-Placement Talks, and Interviews.
- High-level Alumni Meet organized every year to strengthen bonds.
- Labs with all open source technologies with latest tools and software.
- ICT facilities and updated computing equipment to support research and teaching activities
- Facilities for Game Development, AR and VR (Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality)
- High Performance Computing Lab
- CISCO Networking Lab
- Cloud Computing Lab
- Project Lab
- Internet of Things (IoT) Lab
- Quality Publications in highly indexed Journals like, SCI & Scopus
- Strong research groups with more than 45 research scholars pursuing their PhD in areas like Machine Learning, Data Science, Image Processing, Speech Processing, Software Engineering and Cryptography
- Interdisciplinary Research
- On-going/Submitted Projects from sponsored agencies like DST & Deity
- Filed Patents
- Good Quality Consultancy Projects
- VC Innovation Grants for Students and Faculties with latest project ideas
Holistic Development of Students
- Association with the professional Societies like Computer Society of India, IEI, Google Developer’s Club & ACM.
- Strong emphasis on the context & project based learnings like,
- Mini projects
- Tinkering lab
- Thought lab
- Industry visits
- Guest lectures
- Leadership events
- Technovation and Momentum
- TEDx The NorthCap University
- Incubation Centre