Mr Diptendu Roy joined as new faculty in dept of Civil & EE. He had obtained his B.Tech degree in Civil Engineering from SRM University Chennai and M.Tech degree in Structural Engineering with Specialization in Offshore Structures from UPES, Dehradun. During his course as a student he actively participated in various events, research work, undergone internships in Gammon India, NTECL etc and also has exposure to consultancy work during his tenure in UPES. He has worked on Uttarakhand Govt. funded project “Design of Receiving chamber and SBR”, published a paper on “Study of Cement hydration of PPC-FA based using X-Ray diffraction” and presented his paper in National Level Conferences. He was the topper of his department in both B.Tech and M.Tech earning him a Silver Medal from UPES and various institutional level scholarships. His area of interest include study of cement hydration, numerical modelling of earthquake response and concrete enhancement techniques.
- College Department topper M.Tech and B.Tech.
- Scholarship 1st ,2nd , 3rd and 4th years in B.Tech(2012-2014)
- Won best paper award in M.Tech level symposium in UPES,Dehradun.
CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES/ WORKSHOPS/ TRAININGS
- Presented paper on “Study of hydration of OPC-43 grade cement using X-Ray Diffraction” in National Level Conference in Uttaranchal Institute of Technology-2017.
- Member of Earthquake Engineering Research Institute since January 2018.
- Faculty advisor of the University IEI Chapter- Civil since July 2018.
- Attended 5 days Short Term Course on “Advanced Surveying instruments using Total Station” from 26th to 30th November 2018, NITTTR Chandigarh.
- Attended session of “Green Buildings Design and Rating”, ISHRAE, 24th January 2019.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Sports, travelling & writing
- Published a story book “A Legend in the Making”, ISBN-10:1545718709
- Won gold medal in Mac Milan state level competition in English and Mathematics.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Earthquake Resistant Design and Analysis.
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Soil Structure Interaction.
- Concrete Design and Quality Control.
B.TECH PROJECTS GUIDED
- “Scaled down modeling of ventilation in tunnels”
- “Design and analysis of a hospital building”
- “Hydration characteristics of Quaternary Cement Binder with Nano-silica”
- “Study on physical properties of Quaternary Cement Concrete with Novocon XR fibres”
M.TECH PROJECTS GUIDED
- “Analysis of base isolation systems for multistory buildings subject to seismic events characterized by anomalous values of frequency and intensity”
- “Seismic analysis of G+4 confined masonry building, with multiple bays subjected to different major earthquakes excitation in Indian Subcontinent.”
- “Experimental study of base isolation by free rolling rods and its variations”
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- Diptendu Roy & Anil K Mishra, “Quantification of phase changes and hydration behavior studies of OPC-43 grade cement through powder X-RAY diffraction”, International Journal of Sustainable Building Technology and Urban Development, Vol 9, Issue 2, 74-86, Scopus Indexed.
- Purnima Yadav, Diptendu Roy & Megha Kalra, “Model-based analysis of base isolation systems for multistory buildings subject to various Seismic Events,” International Journal of Sustainable Building Technology and Urban Development, Vol 9, Issue 4, 209-221, Scopus Indexed.
- Diptendu Roy, Lokesh Choudhary, Nikhil Sharma & Nikhil Sharma, “Study on physical properties of quaternary cement concrete with novocon XR steel fibers”, International Journal of Sustainable Building Technology and Urban Development, Vol 9, Issue 4, 197-208, Scopus Indexed.
- Uttarakhand Govt. funded project “Design of Receiving chamber and SBR”, as M.Tech scholar, in Mothrowala, Dehradun, under Prof. S.C Gupta, Associate Dean, UPES, Dehradun.