Indian Road Safety Campaign, a voluntary organization running under the umbrella of Transport Research and Injury Prevention Program, IIT Delhi, refers to improve the road safety rules and also make the stakeholders – who are the reason for road accident deaths, aware about safety rules.
IRSC started as a project under National Service Scheme, IIT Delhi and currently have grown to be a youth lead organization with help Transport Research and Injury Prevention Program operating in various national engineering colleges like IIT Roorkee, IIT Kharagpur, BITS Pilani, DTU, SRCC etc on our board. IRSC has also been associated with schools and various NGOs like Arrive Safe, Safe Road Foundation etc. There are various methodologies like awareness, internships, workshops and competitions through which IRSC has been able to sensitize and impact 5,00,000+ people and work presently in 35+ cities and 7+ states.
IRSC helps in developing Business-Model of the projects and helps in Indian Road Safety Campaign overall development and expansion, in formation of proposals and projects.
Activities to be conducted by IRSC Chapter of Department of Civil & EE, NCU, Gurugram
- Guest Lectures round the academic year.
- Workshop on ‘Role of first responders in road safety’ with partner hospitals.
- Awareness sessions about road safety rules in nearby schools.
- Policy Internship, Technical Internship and Operational Internship opportunities for B.Tech. students.
The NorthCap University
The purpose of the ASCE student chapter is to increase participation and interest in the civil engineering discipline through involvement with practicing engineers, the national organization, and community service.
ASCE brings in practicing engineers to inform students about the civil engineering field. Social events are also held so that students can get to know each other outside of class. There are also opportunities for students to participate in national student competitions.
What are some benefits of membership?
- Opportunity to meet other civil engineering student and practicing professionals.
- Monthly issues of Civil Engineering magazine and ASCE NEWS.
- Eligibility for over $75,000 in scholarships and awards.
- Involvement in student activities.
- Information about critical issues that affect civil engineers.
- Recognition by prospective employers.
- Salary information for entry-level and experienced jobs.
- Annual participation ASCE events wordwide
Official membership requirements and responsibilities
- Applicants for Student National Membership shall be members of an ASCE student organization at NCU and be enrolled in a civil engineering, civil engineering technology or related curriculum.
- Student members as all other members of ASCE will be responsible for conforming to the Constitution, Bylaws and Rules of Policy and Procedure of the Society and to its Code of Ethics.
SPACE is an endeavor of students and faculty (NCU) to enhance the technical fervor amongst the students and to introduce them to the world of astonishing structures, techniques and designs.
SPACE has been a very active society since past 5 years ever since it has been inaugurated. The founders and the members of the society have worked actively for the development of the society as well as the development of the practical view over the theoretical view of the students of our esteemed university. It’s the duty as well as keen dedication of the members and the faculty to clarify their concepts as well as ignite a new practical and innovative approach amongst the highly potential masterminds of our university. It gives the initiation to the young minds to enhance their knowledge by practically implementing the concepts of their engineering curriculum as well as giving them an insight on team building, team work and project execution, the skills very much required in today’s industry.
SPACE is a kaleidoscope of engineers from different streams like Structures, Geotech, Surveying, Transportation and Environmental Engineering.
A junior or a senior, we welcome all sorts of talents. Also for the welfare of the students all our team members are available with no time boundaries to attend any kind of problem or doubt they may face.
This is an initiative to engrave in students the love for technology and to incline their minds towards the practical based knowledge.
With an aim of bringing new innovations in the field of civil engineering, the team has plans to bring up a large number of events, workshop and seminar to accomplish their aim.
SPACE has organized various events like the SPACE Day , Quizzup, Mould it up, The Great Debate, which are inter and intra University events and continuously motivates and encourages the students the not just participate but also organize the events.