To be a preferred destination for students, researchers, teachers and external stakeholders by providing quality education, nurturing innovative thinking and promoting socially relevant research environment in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- To impart quality education in Mechanical Engineering through innovative approaches.
- To develop creative and skilled professionals to compete with upcoming challenges faced by industries and society in the fields of Manufacturing, Mechanical Design, Thermal and Industrial Engineering.
- To promote collaborations between the Department of Mechanical Engineering and the external stakeholders for generation and dissemination of knowledge.
- To continuously upgrade the quality of academic resources and infrastructure of the Department of Mechanical Engineering in order to impart state-of-the-art knowledge to the students.
- To nurture research environment in the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- To encourage socially relevant and industry oriented projects, and to develop entrepreneurial skills through inter-disciplinary curricular flexibility in the programmes of Mechanical Engineering.