B.SC. (HONS.) in Physics
BSc (H)Physics is one of the most popular program among science students. This program includes Optics, Mathematical Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Mechanics, Solid State Physics, Electromagnetic theory, Thermal Physics, Atomic and Molecular spectroscopy, Numerical Analysis, Digital Electronics, Nuclear and Particle Physics, Electronic devices. Apart from it program electives and open electives are also offered to the students for inculcating the interdisciplinary skills among the students. Few management courses like leadership and Entrepreneurship alongwith foreign language and effective communication courses are also being taught to the students to establish themselves in today’s competitive world after completion of this program. Students are encouraged to participate in the extracurricular activities for their overall personality development.
The major attributes of this program are:
- Undergraduate Research
- Industry visit
- Visit to National research laboratories
- Expert talks from eminent speakers from India and abroad
- Interaction with Bhatnagar awardee and Padam shree awardee Physicists
- Tinkering Lab
- Ability to understand the established concepts and theory in basic and applied aspects of Physics.
- Understanding of phenomenon’s in optics, electronics and materials science.
- Brain storming sessions on conceptual and numerical problems will lead to success in competitive examinations.
- Proficiency in writing technical, research reports and dissertation.
- Strength to work on small research projects.
- Ability to develop an innovative idea which is essential for a successful for an entrepreneurial venture.
A strong base in Physics will help students to pursue research and jobs in interdisciplinary areas like:
- Environmental Sciences
- Forensic Sciences and Statistics
- Science Journalism
Students who wish to opt out of Physics take up various competitive examinations including MBA, MCA and Civil Services.