M.Tech - Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering – view details
- B.Tech ME with specialization in Robotics & Automation – view details
- M.Tech ME with specialization in Thermal Engineering – view details
- M.Tech ME with specialization in Mechanical Engineering Design – view details
- M.Tech ME with specialization in Production and Industrial Engineering – view details
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering – view details
Applicant must have obtained minimum 55% marks in aggregate or
equivalent CGPA in the relevant qualifying degree, BE/BTech in
1) BE/BTech in Mechanical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Aero space/Aeronautical Engineering, Production/Manufacturing Engineering, Mechatronics, Industrial Engineering, Material Science and Technology, Production and Industrial Engineering, Marine Engineering, Tool Engineering OR
2) any other relevant equivalent qualifying degree.
College Board Designated Institution (DI) code is 9078, NorthCap, University, Candidates have to use this code number when sending SAT score reports to the university.
30% of the seats are reserved for GATE qualified applicants. For balance 70% seats, the selection criteria shall be based on merit as follows: 85% weightage will be given to marks in the qualifying examination at the UG level, and 15% weightage to the personal interview. Any unfilled seats from GATE applicants shall also be treated as unreserved.
|MTech (CSE) with specialization in (i) Cyber Security or (ii) Data Science||18|
|MTech (ECE) with specialization in (i) Communication Engg. or (ii) VLSI Design||18|
|MTech (ME) with specialization in (i) Thermal Engineering or (ii) Mechanical Engineering Design||18|
|MTech (CIVIL Engg.) with specialization in (i) Structural Engineering, or (ii) Construction Engg. & Management (iii) Environmental Engineering||18|
For Year 2020-21
For Indian Students
For NRI Students
Hostel Fee (where applicable) Rs. 65000/- per semester
|% of Scholarship||Graduation Score||Graduation Score|
|Based on CGPA||Based on Percentage|
Limited scholarships available in each category on first come first serve basis
- The table above is only to represent Fees concessions/Scholarships in case a candidate is selected and the details of Scholarship offered will be part of the Admission Offer extended to candidates upon selection. For selection, University shall follow the announced process.
- Fee Concession includes Haryana Residents and shall be as per the Standard Operating Procedure of The NorthCap University from time to time and available at www.ncuindia.edu.
- Candidate must enroll for the program by depositing the advance fee by the given due date in provisional admission offer letter. Should a candidate fail to do so, candidate shall have no claim over the scholarship. The Scholarship thereafter, shall be passed on to the next eligible candidate.
- Continuation of Admission Scholarship is subject to obtaining CGPA of 8 on a scale of 10, having no backlog and no discipline case being recorded against the student.
- In addition to the fees concession/scholarship, to encourage & motivate students the following awards are also given:
- The NorthCap University Scholars Award (On GATE results – for Final Year BTech)
- Research Fellowship Award (for PhD Scholars)
- Vice Chancellor’s Innovation Fund Awards
- Only one type of scholarship/fee concession from any source whatsoever is admissible to a student. A certificate signed by the student & parent is to be provided as proof for this.
Help line number +91 8448495100
What are the Vision and Mission of the Mechanical Engineering Department?
Vision of Mechanical Engineering Department
To inculcate innovative thinking, quest for quality and desire for improving society with its human resource (i.e. faculty, students and technical staff) by providing excellent academic and professional environment conducive for teaching, learning, research, industrial engagement and co-curricular activities.
Mission statements of Mechanical Engineering Department
What are the unique features of Mechanical Engineering Department at NCU?
What are the programmes offered by Mechanical Engineering Department
The department offers following Programmes. Please click on them for more details.
Apart from academics, what are the avenues for personality and co-curricular development within the department?
In addition to many professional activities, technical festival, cultural festival, sports events and many student club activities organized by the NorthCap University, the Department of Mechanical Engineering has taken following additional initiatives for the co-curricular development of our students:
What kind of faculty does the department have?
The department is proud of the fact that almost all of our faculty members are from nationally and internationally reputed institutions/universities (like IITs). We ensure highest standards for our faculty and almost all our faculty members are either PhD or are pursuing PhD from intuitions/universities of national/international repute. Please click here to know more about our faculty members.
What are the laboratory facilities within the department?
The department has 27 laboratories in total. The department ensures that all its labs are updated every year. Its labs have well equipped advanced machines and equipments that provide the facilities for conducting the experiments and training for the students as per the market requirement. For example, the department’s highly advanced computational research lab has all important mechanical engineering softwares like ANSYS, Solidworks, Matlab, Autocad, Fluent (CFD) etc. These softwares help our students in gaining designing and other relevant skills with are required by the industry. This computational lab is fully networked and can be accessed by students and faculty members through their wi-fi enabled laptops provided by the institute. Its recently developed Center of Excellence in collaboration with Daikin Air conditioners Pvt Ltd. to ensure hands-on practical exposure for the students and help them acquire the new technologies being practiced in the air-conditioning industry. Its Mechanics lab. Developed in collaboration with Beijing Wave Spectrum Science Ltd. with an investment of about 0.5 crores is an example of eagerness of industry to associate with us. Its IC Engine lab (equipped with CRDi and other technologies) and its Robotics lab. are yet another examples of department’s eagerness to always remain upgraded with recent technologies. Please click here to look at the complete details of the labs in Mechanical Engineering Department. In order to assist our students, each lab has a dedicated and qualified lab staff.
What is the placement record of Mechanical Engineering Graduates?
We have an unmatched campus placement record of more than 90% placements of eligible students every year in prestigious companies with superior annual packages in companies like Maruti Suziki, CB&I, Daikin Air Conditioners, Denso, Subros, JBM group, Fluor, Sona etc.
The typical salary package of our graduates is from about 4 lacs to 7 lacs.