Master of Science (M.Sc.) Mathematics
Minimum 50% marks (or equivalent CGPA) in the aggregate in BSc or equivalent degree (with compulsory 3 papers of Mathematics in annual system or atleast four papers of Mathematics in semester system)
On merit as per eligibility criteria
Seats – 20
For Year 2020-21
For Indian Students
For NRI Students
Hostel Fee (where applicable) Rs. 65000/- per semester
|% of Scholarship||Graduation Score||Graduation Score|
|Based on CGPA||Based on Percentage|
Limited scholarships available in each category on first come first serve basis
- The table above is only to represent Fees concessions/Scholarships in case a candidate is selected and the details of Scholarship offered will be part of the Admission Offer extended to candidates upon selection. For selection, University shall follow the announced process.
- Fee Concession includes Haryana Residents and shall be as per the Standard Operating Procedure of The NorthCap University from time to time and available at www.ncuindia.edu.
- Candidate must enroll for the program by depositing the advance fee by the given due date in provisional admission offer letter. Should a candidate fail to do so, candidate shall have no claim over the scholarship. The Scholarship thereafter, shall be passed on to the next eligible candidate.
- Continuation of Admission Scholarship is subject to obtaining CGPA of 8 on a scale of 10, having no backlog and no discipline case being recorded against the student.
- In addition to the fees concession/scholarship, to encourage & motivate students the following awards are also given:
- The NorthCap University Scholars Award (On GATE results – for Final Year BTech)
- Research Fellowship Award (for PhD Scholars)
- Vice Chancellor’s Innovation Fund Awards
- Only one type of scholarship/fee concession from any source whatsoever is admissible to a student. A certificate signed by the student & parent is to be provided as proof for this.
Help line number +91 8448495100
Q1- What is the Vision of Applied Science Department?
Ans- To emerge as a school of applied science providing strong foundations in relevant areas of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Communication Skills to engineering and other disciplines and develop innovative minds for learning and interdisciplinary research.The department works with the following mission for achieving the same:
- Focus on developing strong foundations in applied science for nurturing professionals having sound analytical and critical thinking ability for innovative solutions of multi-disciplinary and socially relevant problems.
- Develop strong linkages with relevant agencies for knowledge creation, dissemination and application.
- Continuously improve the basic infrastructure in pursuit of academic excellence.
- Create a nurturing environment for lifelong learning.
- Focus on developing strong language skills for effective communication.
Q2- What are the departmental USPs?
- Highly experienced, PhD faculty (Mostly from IITs and NET Qualified).
- Small Class size for better one-to-one interaction.
- Project based curriculum.
- Higher studies options upto PhD at par with other reputed institutes.
- Special guidance for NET, GATE, JAM, NBHM and other competitive exams.
Q3- What degrees are offered through the department?
Ans- The Department currently offers the following degrees:
- B. Sc (H) Mathematics (Total Intake: 30). Click here for details
- B. Sc (H) Mathematics with specialization in Data Sciences (Total Intake: 30).Click here for details
- B. Sc (H) Physics (Total Intake: 30). Click here for details
- B. Sc (H) Chemsitry (Total Intake: 20). Click here for details
- M. Sc (H) Mathematics (Total Intake: 20). Click here for details
- PhD. in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Click here for details.
Q4- What are the career opportunities available when I am graduated?
Ans- B. Sc.(H) Physics opens a wide array of careers like to pursue MSc and join as scientists in R&D research labs like NPL, DRDO and ISRO. Students can also pursue research degress and jobs in interdisciplinary areas like biophysics, robotics, medical physics, geo-physics, environmental sciences, forensic sciences and statistics and science journalism. Students who wish to opt out of physics can take up various competitive examinations like MBA, MCA and Civil Services.
After the completion of the B.Sc (H) degree in Chemistry there are various options available for the chemistry graduates, they can go for Master degree in Chemistry i.e. M.Sc in Chemistry, go in a research area and can even look for professional job oriented courses in Pharmaceutical industry. Often, in some reputed universities or colleges in India and abroad the students are recruited directly by big MNC’s (Teva Pharma, Mankind, Glaxo Smith, Roschetc) after their completion of the course.
B.Sc. (H) Mathematics specialization in data analysis opens a range of careers such as banking,Pharmaceutical companies, insurance, retail, transport, industries, retail, healthcare, etc. Aftercompletion of the course the data science graduates will be able to identify patterns, predict trends andanalyze data and will become successful professionals. Students will be able to provide organizations apowerful source of insight as they plan the future of their workforce. Students who like to exploremultidisciplinary sectors; this course is the first step to fulfill their dreams. If someone wants to pursuehigher studies then they are eligible for all competitive exams like MBA, MCA and civil Services.
Qualify for a broad range of careers in industry, business, government and teaching. One can have the following options: Research scientist, professor, teacher, banker, statistician, forensic analyst ,crypto analyst etc.
Pursuing Higher Studies (M.Sc Maths/Phd)
In case, students, having valid GATE score, wish to pursue higher studies at the NorthCap University, option for availing teaching assistantship (TA) is available. There is a well-defined SOP and a student having qualified for availing TA can get monthly assistantship of 12,500/-.
Many of our passed out students are placed in NagarroSoftware company and some of are pursuing their MS from USA in addition to M.Sc and BSc from reputed institutes of India Click here for more details.
Q5- For all programs, who will give the degree?
Ans- The Degrees to all the programs will be awarded by the NCU established by the Haryana State Legislature under the Haryana Private Universities (Third amendment) Act, 2009.The NorthCap University is recognised by UGC and empowered to award degrees under Section 21 of the UGC Act.
All degrees awarded by The NorthCap University are recognized by all organizations in India and Abroad.
Q6- What is the Admission Procedure of each program?
Ans- B.Sc (H) Mathematics: Class 11 and in 12 Class Pre-Board Exam (with English and Mathematics as compulsory subjects) or SAT Score or IB Exam (Predictive score) and Personal Interview. For more details, Click here.
B.Sc (H) Mathematics with Specialization in Data Sciences: Class 11 and in 12 Class Pre-Board Exam (with English and Mathematics as compulsory subjects) or SAT Score or IB Exam (Predictive score) and Personal Interview. For more details, Click here.
B.Sc (H) Physics: Class 11 and in 12 Class Pre-Board Exam (with English and Physics as compulsory subjects) or SAT Score or IB Exam (Predictive score) and Personal Interview.For more details, Click here
B.Sc (H) Chemistry: Class 11 and in 12 Class Pre-Board Exam (with English and Chemistry as compulsory subjects) or SAT Score or IB Exam (Predictive score) and Personal Interview.For more details, Click here
M.Sc Maths: Minimum 50% marks (or equivalent CGPA) in the aggregate in BSc or
equivalentdegree (with compulsory 3 papers of Mathematics in annual
system or at least four papers of Mathematics in semester system). For more details, Click here.
Q7- When does the session starts?
Ans- The first semester commences in the last week of July every year. The exact date is announced and conveyed through notice on NCU’s website in the detailed Academic calendar for the session.
Q8- What is the duration of the course?
B.Sc – Minimum duration of the course is 3 years, which is uniformly divided into 6 semesters. The odd semester starts in July and even semester begins in January next year.
M.Sc – Minimum duration of the course is 2 years, which is uniformly divided into 4 semesters. The odd semester starts in July and even semester begins in January next year.
Q9- What Kind of faculty does the Department have?
Highly experienced, research driven PhD faculty mostly from IIT’s and NET qualified. Besides the well qualified and experienced faculty, we have Honorary Distinguished Research Professors associated with the department. The faculty group in the department can be compared to the best in North India. Click here for detailed faculty profile.
Q10- What kind of infrastructure and facilities are available in the department?
State of art Laboratories
The Department of Applied Scienceshas well-equipped laboratories for Physics, Chemistry and Numerical Analysis. The equipment are conscientiously kept up-to-date and in excellent working condition, for these are the tools whereby the budding engineers get a hands-on experience of experimentation and practical application of theories. They help foster the essential scientific temper, inclination and aptitude for engineering training in students.
Besides main library of the Institute, department has its own library to cater the special needs of students, faculty and technical staff members. Library is accessible to the faculty of the department for ready reference as well as borrowing for a semester. The library is maintained independently by the department with each section under a library in charge.Following things are available in the departmental library:
- Copy of each book related to the field of Physics, Chemistry, Mathswhich is available in main library, has been kept for quick reference.
- Copy of International and National Journals related to above mentioned fields.
- Previous year question papers of NET, GATE, IES and reputed institutes and universities.
- Previous year project and thesis.
Q11- What are the department run clubs and societies for the students to indulge in?
Students and the faculty of the department are actively involved in various extension activities. Department has various societies such as MATHEMACTIVE, ENACTUS, MINERVA-Quizzing Society and OSA Student Chapter under which many events and workshops were organized for the students successfully.
Q12- Do NCU students get stipend for under graduate and post graduate students ?
The university provides scholarship scheme as per the State Govt. act. For more details, contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q13- Are there any research/sponsored projects being handled by the department?
The department has undertaken numerous sponsored projects. Click here for details.
Q14- Inside NCU, where is the Department located?
The Department is located on the Ground floor of the Institute and the departmental labs are in the workshop Area.