Master Of Business Administration (MBA) with specialization in Business Analytics
Our PEOs describe the expected accomplishments of the management graduates during the first few years after completing their degree program.
- Managements graduate will be able to apply advanced analytical tools and methods to address management challenges in today’s business world and arrive at significant business decisions that are data driven. (Decision making)
- Management graduates should be well prepared for successful employment and be engaged in learning, understanding and holistic application of business analytics theory and practice for real life problem solving in an increasingly global, technology oriented, diverse and changing business environment. (Employability)
- Management graduates desirous of self-employment should be able to start their own business ventures in business analytics domain or demonstrate their entrepreneurial capabilities for their employer organization. (Entrepreneurship)
- Management graduates will become well informed, ethical and committed corporate citizens contributing to the analytics profession and the community in an effective manner. (Well informed, Ethical and Committed Professionals)
Programme Outcomes (PO’s)
By the end of the MBA Business Analytics program the students should be able to:
- Gain a sound understanding of the mathematics and statistics upon which advanced analytical methods are based, building on quantitative background and be able to collect, manage and make sense of large data sets by using statistical, programming and database tools.
- Demonstrate and make use of IT knowledge and skills for efficient and effective business processes and develop innovative methods of applying analytics, IT and e-commerce for competitive advantage. (IT proficiency)
- Apply the knowledge of functional areas of business management, economics, technology and law for integrative solutions to complex management problems through business analytics perspective. (Multidisciplinary Knowledge)
- Communicate effectively in different business contexts and situations so as to be able to receive and give clear instructions, comprehend, write reports, prepare documentation and make effective presentations. (Verbal and Witten Communication)
- Function effectively as an individual and as a team member in diverse and multidisciplinary settings in the business analytics domain (Individual and teamwork)
- Apply a variety of organizing, planning, controlling, and team building and communication skills for effective management and leadership of organizations dependent on analytics. (Managerial and Leadership Skills).
- Develop business awareness through continuous study of newspapers, periodicals, journals and media and develop the ability to assess and evaluate the competitive business environment. (Awareness of Business Environment)
- Explore business ideas, develop business plans, understand regulatory requirements, and locate sources of finance and other resources to start new business ventures in analytics domain. (Entrepreneurial Skills)
- Demonstrate ethical conduct in personal and professional decisions and appreciation of business ethics and social responsibility and environmental concerns in the decision-making process having business analytics perspectives. (Professional Ethics, Environmental Concerns & Social Responsibility)
- Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning. (Life-long Learning)
Well Qualified Faculty
The school has well qualified faculty members with PhD from reputed institutions like MDI, D.U., IIIT, Jamia Millia, IIT along with industry exposure.
Students are provided platforms for industry interaction through guest lectures, industrial visits and seminars. This helps them to relate classroom learning with real life business situations.
Industry Driven Curriculum
Our curriculum is designed keeping in mind the industry expectations i.e. updated as per the market demands. This is done in consultation with experts from the industry and academia. Core curriculum is supplemented with MOOCs.
Student Mentoring & Guidance
Students are given individualized attention through the mentoring program of SOM. Each faculty regularly holds mentoring sessions in order to help the students in their personal and professional development.
Students are encouraged to actively participate in community service. They undertake relevant projects in collaboration with different NGOs like CRY, Agewell, Goonj.
Students are provided excellent learning infrastructure facilities including access to licensed software, SMART classes, library & electronic resources, ergonomically designed classrooms.
We emphasize on students’ all round development through different clubs and committees focusing extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
Research & Publications
The faculty members are continuously engaged in research activities resulting in good quality publications. They have publications in national & international refereed journals as well as case publications in Harvard.
100% placement assistance is provided to interested and eligible students.
1) Bachelor degree for those who have completed or appearing for their final Bachelor degree examination in 2020 and
2) National Tests CAT/CMAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT/NMAT and
3) Personal Interview
College Board Designated Institution (DI) code is 9078, NorthCap, University, Candidates have to use this code number when sending SAT score reports to the university.
I) Bachelors Degree with min eligibility criteria of 50% aggregate
ii) Must appear in any one of the National Tests
Seats – 50
For Year 2020-21
For Indian Students
For NRI Students
Hostel Fee (where applicable) Rs. 65000/- per semester
|% of Scholarship||CAT 2019 OR||GMAT score||GRE score||NMAT 2019 Score||MAT (Sept 2019/ Dec 2019/ Feb 2020/ June* 2020) percentiles||CMAT 2020 percentile||NCU CGPA [new criteria for NCU UG students opting to enrol for MBA]|
|XAT 2020 percentiles|
|50%||85 – <95||700 – 719||326 – 328||211 – 220||95 – <99||95 – <99||9.0 – < 9.5|
|25%||75 – <85||650 – 699||320 – 325||196 – 210||90 – <95||90 – <95||8.5 – < 9.0|
Limited scholarships available in each category on first come first serve basis
* subject to announcement by AIMA
- The table above is only to represent Fees concessions/Scholarships in case a candidate is selected and the details of Scholarship offered will be part of the Admission Offer extended to candidates upon selection. For selection, University shall follow the announced process.
- Fee Concession includes Haryana Residents and shall be as per the Standard Operating Procedure of The NorthCap University from time to time and available at www.ncuindia.edu.
- Candidate must enroll for the program by depositing the advance fee by the given due date in provisional admission offer letter. Should a candidate fail to do so, candidate shall have no claim over the scholarship. The Scholarship thereafter, shall be passed on to the next eligible candidate.
- Continuation of Admission Scholarship is subject to obtaining CGPA of 8 on a scale of 10, having no backlog and no discipline case being recorded against the student.
- In addition to the fees concession/scholarship, to encourage & motivate students the following awards are also given:
- The NorthCap University Scholars Award (On GATE results – for Final Year BTech)
- Research Fellowship Award (for PhD Scholars)
- Vice Chancellor’s Innovation Fund Awards
- Only one type of scholarship/fee concession from any source whatsoever is admissible to a student. A certificate signed by the student & parent is to be provided as proof for this.
Help line number +91 8448495100
What are the programs offered by School of Management, NCU?
The School of Management (SOM) at The NorthCap University offers programs as under:
- MBA specialization in Business Analytics
- BBA specialization in Digital Marketing
- BBA specialization in Business Analytics
- BCom (Hons)
- BA Eco (Hons)
- BA Psy (Hons)
What are the advantages of doing MBA specialization in Business Analytics ?
Interactive Data Corporation (IDC) estimates that Data creation will reach 163 zettabytes by 2025. Business Analytics is going to become the core tool for advance business decisions in all functional areas in most companies. Analytics companies develop the ability to support their decisions through analytic reasoning. Big Corporations, Governments, Entrepreneurs and almost everyone else is using Data Science to generate insights by unearthing patterns and by decoding this data. These insights are helping to improve efficiency and to offer innovative solutions to business problems. Business analytics demand has surged globally, creating a huge demand for business analysts. Analytics Industry in India is expected to grow 7 times in next 7 years (from 2019 to 2025), as per the finding of ‘Analytics Industry Study 2018’ conducted by AIM &AnalytixLabs. So, like all previous years the demand of Business Analyst will stay strong with promising opportunities across various domains.
What are the different career avenues available to a MBA Business Analytics graduate?
After completion of MBA program one can build his/her career in areas like Marketing Analytics, HR Analytics, Business Analyst, Data Scientist, EntrepreneurshipGovernment/ PSU jobs, IT companies/ E-commerce companies, Consultancy to name a few
What are the benefits of doing MBA specialization inBusiness Analytics from School of Management, NCU?
Following are the benefits of doing MBA specialization in Business Analytics from School of Management, NCU:
- Well Qualified Faculty:The school has well qualified faculty members with PhD from reputed institutions like MDI, D.U., IIT,NITs Jamia Milliaalong with industry exposure.
- Industry Interface:Students are provided platforms for industry interaction through guest lectures, industrial visits and seminars. This helps them to relate classroom learning with real life business situations.
- Industry Driven Curriculum:Our curriculum is designed keeping in mind the industry expectations i.e. updated as per the market demands. This is done in consultation with experts from the industry and academia. Core curriculum is supplemented with MOOCs.
- Student Mentoring & Guidance: Students are given individualized attention through the mentoring program of SOM. Each faculty regularly holds mentoring sessions in order to help the students in their personal and professional development.
- Community Service:Students are encouraged to actively participate in community service. They undertake relevant projects in collaboration with different NGOs like CRY, Agewell, Goonj.
- Smart Classrooms:Students are provided excellent learning infrastructure facilities including access to licensed software, SMART classes, library & electronic resources, ergonomically designed classrooms.
- Holistic Development:We emphasize on students’ all round development through different clubs and committees focusing extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
- Research & Publications:The faculty members are continuously engaged in research activities resulting in good quality publications. They have publications in national & international refereed journals.
- Student Placements: 100% placement assistance is provided to interested and eligible students.
What are USP’s of MBA specialization in Business Analytics Program?
Following are USP’s of MBA specialization in Business Analytics Program:
- Ability to apply analytical tools and methods to address management challenges
- Multidisciplinary knowledge of different functional areas of business management for integrative solutions to complex management problems
- Developing Analytical, Logical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Develop a deep understanding of the way modern businesses run
- Understanding of Global Business Environment
- Practical exposure with help of Industrial visits and Internship opportunities.
- Imparting Entrepreneurial Skills focused on business analytics
- Improving Effective Communication Skills and holistic personality development
- Increasing Ethical and Social Awareness
Is NCU University’s degree recognized in India and abroad?
The degree awarded by NCU is at par with any degree offered by a recognized University anywhere in the world.
What is the status of UGC recognition? Are all programs approved by UGC?
The University is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) https://www.ugc.ac.in/privateuniversitylist.aspx?id=8&Unitype=3 and recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI). The University is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Besides being a Member of the American Society for Quality (I) Pvt. Ltd., it is also accredited by Accreditation Services for International Colleges (ASIC), UK.
Do you have NIRF recognition?
The University has been ranked 117 in the Engineering category and rank band of 151-200 in the University category in All India NIRF ranking survey 2019 in which 970 Institutions participated.
Do you have NAAC recognition?
The NorthCap University was accredited in May 2016 by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) for a period of five years i.e. 2016-2021. Accreditation Services for International Colleges (ASIC), UK reaccredited the University in the category of ‘Premier’ Universities with ‘Commendable’ Grades, for 2016-2020.
How to apply for University programs?
You can fill the online application form available on the website or click here https://bit.ly/3cKIx8E
What is the eligibility criteria for taking admission in MBA in The NorthCap University?
- Bachelors Degree with min eligibility criteria of 50% aggregate
- National Tests CAT/CMAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT/NMAT and
- Personal Interview
What is your placement record?
We lay strong emphasis on the placement of our students. We have an enviable placement record wherein almost every eligible student is placed. Please refer to the University website for details regarding our recruiters.
What is the application form fee, is it refundable?
The application form fee is Rs. 1080 and it is not refundable
How to contact you if there is a question regarding the application form status?
For all admission related queries, you can call on 7428950886 | 7428962198 | 8851485815 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have Hostel facility?
Yes. We provide separate hostel/mess facilities for males and females. These hostel facilities are provided through university nominated partners who are in close vicinity to NCU campus.
Is your campus secure?
Yes. We have Zero Tolerance for ragging and no such case has been reported. The number of girl students bear testimony of the safety and security in the campus. The campus also has wide CCTV Surveillance.
When is Academic Year 2020 expected to commence?
Normally, we commence the session in the third week of July. However, due to COVID-19, this year the commencement could be deferred to September 1, 2020 as per the directives issued by UGC on April 29, 2020. The university shall notify any further changes based on subsequent directives issued by UGC.
Do you offer Education Loans?
We have a tie-up with Eduvanz Financing Pvt. Ltd. for providing 100% education loan. The process is very simple. For details, you could log onto www.eduvanz.com