B.Tech - Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- B.Tech ECE with specialization in Embedded Systems and VLSI Design – view details
- B.Tech ECE with specialization in Internet of Things – view details
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) – view details
- M.Tech ECE with specialization in VLSI Design – view details
- M.Tech ECE with specialization in Communication Engineering – view details
- P.hD in Electronics and Communication Engineering – view details
- 10+2 (English Medium) examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized board in Science stream with an overall aggregate of minimum 60% . Must appear in JEE 2019.
- In case adequate students are not available in a discipline(s) a higher number can be filled in the discipline(s) which have a greater demand subject to the number of students not exceeding the total intake of all disciplines.
- 15% intake will be allocated for Children/Wards of NRI / International students. Unfilled seats in this category will be transferred to the resident Indian category and shall be filled on merit.
- Should seats still remain vacant, in any course, if at all, after exhausting the merit list of applicants of the National Test(s), seats may be filled on the basis of results in the qualifying examination subject to meeting the minimum
eligibility criteria specified.
Bachelor of Technology Lateral Entry (3 Years)
– Candidate should be among first 10% of the students qualifying the LEET (2019)exam of the state.
– Candidate should have studied his/her 10th/12th class in English medium
– Candidate should not be more than 24 age on 31st Dec. 2019
– Candidate should have passed Diploma in relevant branch of Engineering granted by the Board of Technical Examination of a State Government with at least 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.
–Candidate should have obtained min 60% in 10th and/or in 12th(as the case may be)
60% weightage will be given to JEE 2019 Main (Paper – I) and 40% weightage will be given to the aggregate marks in English, Maths, Physics and Chemistry secured in 10+2 or equivalent.
If a candidate appears in JEE Mains 2019 Paper-1, held in January and April both, the better score shall be considered for the weightage
Bachelor of Technology Lateral Entry (3 Years)
Students will be selected as per the merit list prepared on the basis of marks in the State LEET exam and the marks obtained by the applicant in Diploma.
Weightage of these scores are 80% and 20% respectively.
|Branch & Seats||10% of the approved intake of CSE, ECE, ME and Civil|
For Year 2019-20
For Indian Students
For NRI Students
Hostel Fee (where applicable) Rs. 60000/- per semester
For all B.Tech Admission related queries
7428706947 (Dr. Rekha Vig)
Is The NorthCap University a new University?
The foundation of the University was laid 22 years back with the inception of the Institute of Technology and Management. The level of competence & growth over the years has given rise to the final structure in the form of The NorthCap University which after due approvals by State Govt. of Haryana and UGC has been started in 2010.
What are the Vision and Mission of the Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department?
Vision of Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department
To be known in the area of Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering as a department with unending quest for learning innovations, academic excellence and socially relevant quality research outcomes of internationally recognized standards; emerge as a preferred destination for students, faculty, employers and collaborators.
Mission statements of Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department
- To provide wholesome quality education in Electrical, Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering to Undergraduate and Post Graduate students leading to placements preferably in global core companies and for higher education and research.
- To build up research expertise and facilities in selected areas of competence like Advanced Communication Technology, VLSI, Embedded Systems, Power Systems, Power Electronics etc. to emerge as a preferred destination for post graduate education and research in North India.
- To imbibe in our graduates and scholars the importance of ethics, environment and social responsibilities.
- To develop close linkages with industry and alumni
- To establish centres of excellence in various areas of technology as well as interdisciplinary areas for promoting research and developing technology support for industry and Government institutions through collaborations and sponsored projects.
What are the unique features of Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department at NCU?
- Nearly 100% campus placements every year in reputed Indian and multi-national companies for last more than 16 years. The companies hiring our students span wide range with Electronics, Telecom, VLSI design, Electrical, IT, Consultancy, Marketing and many other industries including iconic names. Many of our students are pursuing higher studies in premier Indian and Foreign universities and some have also successfully set up their own enterprises.
- A large group of well qualified faculty with diverse experience in academics and industry and actively involved in research in emerging areas.
Developing strong base of discipline, values and commitments in students to create a progressive society.
- Curriculums comparable to those of the best universities and regularly upgraded / aligned with industry requirements. A unique curriculum for EECE, with a mix of electronics & communication engineering courses and offering cutting edge industry oriented courses in areas like Cloud Computing, Internet of Things, Big Data, VLSI & Embedded Systems to enhance the employability of our students creating placement opportunities both in electronics and telecom industry as well as in computer and IT industry.
- Upgradation and updating resources in terms of infrastructure and human resources. There is a continuous process of learning going around in the campus where-in not only the students are exposed to the latest and recent trends of design and technology but even the faculty members through its constant endeavour to research in various fields and learn something relevant to the times.
- Outcome based education supplemented with beyond-the-curriculum training in industry-focused domains as well as soft skills and emphasis on intensive internships, industry-based projects, guest lectures by eminent experts on latest technologies and other outreach activities for holistic development and to provide an edge in placements.
- Strong focus on practical oriented education with a large number of well-equipped laboratories including exclusive project labs, supplemented with e-learning programs promoted by various IITs and supported by excellent infrastructure like modern classrooms, well-equipped library etc.
- Some of our students have been placed in reputed companies with offers above 10 lakhs, the best in the University.
What are the programmes offered by Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department?
The department offers following Programmes. Please click on them for more details.
- BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in Internet of Things
- BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in Embedded Systems and VLSI design
- MTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in VLSI Design or Communication Engineering
- PhD (in all areas concerning Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering). The admissions in PhD programme are done two times in a year through entrance test and interview. Please click here to look at the PhD admission brochure for complete details.
How is the EECE department Rated?
EECE department has consecutively been rated as the best department in the university for the last 2 years and prior to that also many times. The faculty is highly experienced and has the highest retention rate. The labs in the department are modern, well equipped and maintained and regularly upgraded. The department has tie ups with reputed organizations like Mitsubishi, ISRO etc. The department has consistent and best campus placement record since last many years with highest package in the university.
What is the admission procedure for each programme?
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
10+2 (English Medium) examination conducted by central board of Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized board in Science stream with an overall aggregate of minimum 60% in 12th and must appear in JEE 2019.
(Rounding of marks is not permitted. Therefore, a student with 59.9% marks or less than 60% (in aggregate) will NOT be eligible to apply)
60% weightage will be given to JEE 2019 Main (Paper-I) and 40% weightage will be given to the aggregate marks in English, Maths, Physics and Chemistry secured in 10+2 or equivalent. If candidate appears in JEE Main 2019 Paper 1, held in Jan. and April both, the best score shall be considered for the weightage.
M.Tech Full Time: The duration of a full time M.Tech degree is 2 years covering 4 semesters.
M.Tech Part Time : Working professionals can pursue M.Tech. degree programme part time. However, the part time degree will be awarded on satisfactory completion of 6 semesters taken over 3 years. Classes for part time students may be held in the morning/ evening and / or on weekends as may be specified by the department/ timetable.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Applicant must have obtained minimum 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA in the relevant qualifying degree, BE/B.Tech. in relevant discipline or MCA or MSc (Computer Science, IT, Electronics, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics.).
In case adequate students are not available in a discipline(s) a higher number can be filled in the programme/specialization which have a greater demand.
Note: GATE score is not mandatory, but candidates with valid GATE will get due weightage in selection.
The admissions in PhD programme are done two times in a year through entrance test and interview. Please click here to look at the PhD admission brochure for complete details.
When will be the B.Tech/M.Tech admissions forms available?
The forms are available from January onwards. The advertisements for the exact dates can be seen in all leading newspapers and magazines of India along with the institute’s official website. One can also keep a regular check on the homepage of the website for more information on admissions.
When does the session start?
The first semester commences on 22nd July 2019. A link for the detailed Academic calendar for the current session can be seen on the departmental home page.
What is the duration of the course?
- B.Tech – Minimum duration of the course is 4 years, which is uniformly divided into 8 semesters. The odd semester starts in July and even semester begins in January next year.
- M.Tech – Minimum duration of the course is 2 years, which is uniformly divided into 4 semesters. The odd semester starts in July and even semester begins in January next year.
- Please click here to look at the PhD brochure for complete details regarding PhD.
Why should I join Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering department at The NorthCap University?
Electronics and Communication Engineering offers you to delve into a broad range of fields from technology and science. New ideas are implemented and newer problems are solved in this domain which offers you to impact the world and society. Electrical, Electronics and Communication engineering department at the North Cap University is a very vibrant department and the major factors that contribute to its vibrancy include experienced and enthusiastic faculty members, courses and activities which supplement classroom teaching, like, industry based Value Added courses, guest lectures, industry visits and project based activities and most of all IBM career education courses.
At EECE department our focus is more on outcome based education. We ensure that students are able to grasp not just the theoretical but practical and applied understanding of the courses. The curriculum is derived from those of the top-most universities in the country and abroad and is updated at the same pace as requirement from the industry changes. The e-component of learning at EECE is significantly high with lecture notes, assignments put up on LMS, an online blackboard system, attendance and evaluation on ERP and intranet and access to online journal and library systems.
So, at EECE our endeavor is to develop the student’s personality holistically.
Which companies will take EECE graduates?
Plethora of opportunities are available for EECE students in various fields. EECE engineers design, analyze, program and supervise in the fields of electronics, communication, robotics, internet of things and VLSI and many more. They get placed (On-Campus) in Samsung, Vodafone, Orange, E&Y, Cadence Systems,Mentor Graphics, WhizChip, British Telecom, Reliance Communication, Synopsis and many many more. Apart from these companies, the core companies for EECE students are Aricent technologies, IBM India, Intel, Texas Instruments, QualComm, Braodcomm, ST Microelectronics, Freescale, Nvdia, HCL, Dell, Phillips Electronics, TATA Communications, Ericsson, Sony India, Siemens, Cisco systems, HP, Bharti Airtel, Vodafone, Exicom Telesystems, Lutron, Horiba etc.
ECE Engineers are also employed in technical sales, marketing and support positions for business and scientific equipment/software. Few of our students have joined civil services.
What are the career opportunities available when I graduate?
There are tremendous job opportunities for ECE graduates and post graduates not only in core fields but also in non-core areas. Few core companies to mention are Samsung, Vodafone, Orange, E&Y, Cadence Systems,Mentor Graphics, WhizChip, British Telecom, Reliance Communication, Synopsis, Aricent technologies, IBM India, Intel, Texas Instruments, QualComm, Braodcomm, ST Microelectronics, Freescale,
Nvdia, HCL, Dell, Phillips Electronics, TATA Communications, Ericsson, Sony India, Siemens, Cisco systems, HP, Bharti Airtel, Vodafone etc.
The ‘Make in India’ initiative by government of India has lead to significant growth in the fields related to Electronics and Communication engineering. Besides there are opportunities in government sector and public sector as well either directly or through competitive exams like GATE. All B.Tech students at NCU appear for GATE exam and by achieving good scores, they join public sector units. The placement record for ECE students has been nearly 100% for all eligible students for last so many years. click here.
Many of our students also opt for higher studies abroad or in India in management or core area at premier institutions. Many of our passed out students are pursuing their MBA/MS/PhD from USA, UK, Australia, Canada and other countries in addition to M.Tech and MBAfrom reputed institutes of India.
What post graduate options do I have after I complete my B.Tech?
There are many options to pursue higher studies in India as well as in abroad after the completion of graduation. Many of our students pursue higher studies abroad or in India in management or core area at premier institutions.click here Many of our passed out students are pursuing their MBA/MS/PhD from USA, UK, Australia, Canada and other countries in addition to M.Tech and MBA from reputed institutes of India.
Career counselling sessions are conducted during all the four years of engineering at NCU. Thorough knowledge on GRE, GMAT, GATE, CAT, XAT imparted to students. Students interested in higher studies in abroad are being supported by department in end to end process of application. Higher studies preparation classes are given to students according to their choice. GATE, aptitude prep classes are organized regularly to prepare students for higher studies.
Apart from academics, what are the avenues for personality and co-curricular development within the department?
In addition to many professional activities, technical festival, cultural festival, sports events and many student club activities organized by the NorthCap University, the EECE Department has taken following additional initiatives for the co-curricular development of our students:
- The department is proud of to be associated with many different professional Societies/Chapters like IEEE, SPIE, IEI etc. responsible to bridge the gap between theory and practical by providing hands-on experience to students. These Societies organize various events such as seminars, workshops, guest lecturers from experts and so on, both at intra-university and inter-university level. These societies dedicatedly work towards the personality and co-curricular development of the students. Please click here to know more about the societies involved with the Department.
- The department encourages its students to participate in national and international events. The department is proud of the fact that its students have participated and won many such events. Please click here for some of the activities of our students.
- Our academic curriculum has been designed in such a way that students have to mandatorily go through personality development courses and other relevant trainings, thus ensuring the development of every student.
- Not only do we encourage the intellectual pursuits of our students through many projects and activities, we encourage our students to write and publish their work in form of research papers. Please click here to look at some of the publications.
What kind of faculty does the Department have?
The Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering department is well staffed with qualified faculty members with most of them holding Ph.D. or pursuing Ph.D from renowned universities/institutes like IITs/NITs/ Central Universities in India and abroad. Faculty has a rich mix of teaching/industrial/research experience. The faculty in the department can be compared to the best in North India. click here for detailed faculty profile.
What kind of infrastructure and facilities are available in the department?
State of the art Laboratories
All labs are equipped with state of the art equipment’s, instruments, kits and software tools. These labs are under the control and taken care by well qualified technical personnel.
Besides main library of the Institute, department has its own library to cater the special needs of students, faculty and technical staff members.
Some of the key features of this library are:
- Copy of each book related to the field of Electronics, Electrical, Communications and Instrumentations, which is available in main library, has been kept for quick reference.
- Copy of International Journals related to above mentioned fields.
- Copy of syllabus, previous year minor and major question papers, tutorial sheets.
- Previous year question papers of GATE, IES and reputed institutes and universities.
- Previous year project and training reports.
Besides regular labs, this lab is fully dedicated to carrying out major projects of UG and PG level. This lab is well equipped with all major software tools, technical data books and other necessary facilities to build both hardware as well as software based projects.
Apart from above facilities, there is a facility of wi-fi connection, journals of IEEE, Science direct etc for both students and faculty members to explore area of their interest.
- Software Tools
- Project Lab
- NavIC Lab
- Virtual Lab
Does your department provide industrial exposure to its students?
Intense industrial exposure is in-built in our curriculum. All students have to mandatorily go through two summer trainings in the industry. Apart from this, students are given opportunity to work with industry for the final year project. Many industrial visits and lectures from industry persons are regularly organized for the students. Please click here to know more about some of such events. Additionally, the department has signed MoUs with many industries (Delta, Mitsubishi, ISRO etc) that help us strengthen the industrial exposure of our students. Please click here to look at some of the industries who have signed MoUs with us.
How does Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department facilitate research exposure to its students?
Research is the key to the development of our department. Research exposure to the students is provided through following means:
- By providing qualified and research oriented faculty members to our students. Our faculty members are very active in research and all of them are actively pursue research. The faculty members are almost all PhD or Pursuing PhD from reputed institutions. Please click here to know more about our faculty members.
- By involving our students in research oriented projects. The work done by our students have led to many quality publications. Please click here to look at some of the publications.
- By providing fellowship to those who show potential for research.
- By funding research projects through VC innovation fund and by providing other financial support for research work.
- By providing state-of-the-art research infrastructure. Some of the facilities in this regards are:
- VLSI lab. (Cadence Design Systems’ NCSim, SoC Encounter, RC, Virtuoso AMS Design, PDK180, 90, and 45nm Synopsys TCADXilinx System Design, FPGA Atlys, Spartan3AN, Linux RHEL, Open Source EDA)
- NavIC (Navigation with Indian Constellation) Lab
- Signal Processing lab
- Wireless Communication Lab
- Projects lab
- Tinkering lab
- Please click here to look at the complete details of all the labs in EEECE Engineering Department.
- The central research facility has many research facilities for all the students of our university. Please click here to look at all the equipment available under central research facility.
- Signal and Biomedical Electronics Research Group
- VLSI Design & Devices
- Power and Energy System and Control
- Communication Engineering Research Group
Activities conducted under research group:
- Various workshops on latest trends
- Guest Lectures
- Industrial Visits
- Faculty development programs
- Staff development programs
- Hands on experience on latest software tools
What is the placement record of the Department?
The department puts strong focus and efforts on the campus placements of its students. The campus placements are done through our central placement department namely SPA (School of Professional Attachment) which has tie-up with a large number of companies hiring our BTech/MTech engineering graduates. In addition to centralized placement department, the department also supplements placement efforts through its faculty and alumni in niche and high-end companies.
Therefore year after year, top companies like Deloitte, TCS, Samsung, Vodafone, Orange, E&Y, Ericsson, Cadence, Mentor Graphics, WhizChip, British Telecom, Reliance Communication, and many more come for campus for placement. The number of companies visiting for recruitment is increasing with every successive year.
As can be seen, the placement record is excellent with almost 100% placements for last so many years. For the batch 2014-2018, the placements were almost 100% and for this session 2015-2019, it is expected to have nearly 100% placement by June, 2019 when the present batch will pass-out. For more details, click here.
The starting salary package is excellent and comparable with trend which ranges from Rs.3.5 Lacs to Rs.12.0 Lacs per annum. Our BTech ECE program with specialization in Embedded System & VLSI (ESVD) and Internet of Things (IoT) will surely add an extra edge to placements in core Electronics and IT sector companies in upcoming years.
What are the Department level efforts for Placements?
The department regularly take feedback from companies about our placed students. This helps us in improving the employability chances of our students in coming years. This feedback also led us to conduct preparatory placement tests and interviews for our students to improve their preparedness for the actual placement drives. The preparation for the placement also includes the GK Modules and PDP Classes being conducted by the department for the students before they reach the final year. The students are also counselled by the assigned placement counsellors from the department who interact with the students regularly in a very friendly manner right from first year and given advice regarding on various career options as well as the areas of improvement like their communication skills, their body language and spoken language etc. The Special sessions are conducted by the department to improve these technical skills and soft skills. These features are unique to the department as these are the initiatives taken by the EECE Department only. All these efforts have borne fruit and our recruitment now is higher than ever before.
Some students are keen on further studies and many are studying in prestigious universities in India and abroad. Some want to be entrepreneurs and we have many in our alumni doing successful business. Many students will have multiple offers as students of EECE enjoy the double benefit of placement opportunities in electronics and telecom companies as well as computer and IT industry.
Is Hostel Facility Available?
There are one Girls Hostel and one Boys Hostel and are located within a range of 1 Km from the university. The rooms are spacious and are well furnished with beds, study table, inbuilt cupboards, ceiling fans and lights. The hostels have the following facilities:
Internet Facility, Power Backup, Entertainment / Sports Complex, Mess, Recreation room, Individual lockers, Bathroom with geyser fittings, etc. In addition to the hostels, PGs are available in close vicinity of the campus at reasonable rates.
Where is the Department located inside NCU?
The Department is located on the 2nd floor of the Institute.