Mechanical Engineering has the following Program Outcomes (as prescribed by NBA):
1. Students shall have an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to engineering problems.
2. Students shall have an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data.
3. Students shall have an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
4. Students shall have an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
5. Students shall have an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
6. Students shall have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
7. Students shall have an ability to communicate effectively.
8. Students shall have the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
9. Students shall have recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
10. Students shall have knowledge of contemporary issues.
11. Students shall have an ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools including computational tools necessary for engineering practice.
PEO1 (Technically Accomplished): The graduates of Department of Mechanical Engineering will be strong in scientific/engineering fundamentals leading to foundation of research in different areas of competence, develop hardware and software skills and will be motivated to successfully pursue their profession of choice.
PEO2 (Socially Responsible): The graduates of Department of Mechanical Engineering will understand and appreciate their ethical, environmental and societal responsibilities and will contribute towards the benefit of professional organization and society.
PEO3 (Innovation Driven): The graduates of Department of Mechanical Engineering will develop to be independent thinkers with strong industrial focuskeeping abreast with ever changing technology and be fully aware of business, managerial, quality, cost and time constraints.
PEO4 (Team-based Leadership qualities): The graduates of Department of Mechanical Engineering will develop as dedicated, self-driven, and inspiring to others professionals and will possess effective communication skills through all medium.