M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Master of Technology in Mechanical Engineering degree is a professional degree of two years length that involves coursework in advanced mechanical engineering fields and a thesis and research of significant depth. M. Tech in Mechanical engineering is the discipline that applies mechanical engineering design, thermos-fluid, industrial and manufacturing principles to design, analyse, manufacture, and maintain mechanical systems. In advanced to core principles of mechanical engineering, master engineers use tools such as computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), and computer-aided engineering analysis in research and development of manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, heating and cooling systems, transport systems, aircraft, watercraft, robotics, medical devices, weapons, and others. A Ph.D. program can be joined by acquiring a M. Tech in engineering degree.
Learning Outcomes of this Track:
- Develop mechanical engineering solutions to see how mechanical and thermal devices might help solve the problem.
- Design or redesign mechanical and thermal devices using analysis and computer-aided design.
- Develop and test prototypes of devices they design.
- Analyze the test results and change the design as needed.
- Oversee the manufacturing process for the device.
- aerospace and automotive industries
- computing and software development
- construction and building services
- design and engineering consultancies
- energy utilities, including nuclear
- government agencies, local authorities, hospitals and educational institutions
- industrial and domestic product manufacturers and retailers
- process industries, including pharmaceuticals, food and cosmetics
- oil and gas industries, including petrochemical industries
- transport and highways industries
- Automotive Engineer
- Calibration Engineer
- Graduate Engineer Trainee
- Design Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Quality Control Engineer
- Industrial Engineer
- HVAC industry
- Power industry
- Engineering education
- Thermal design and engineering consultancy
- Public sector government undertakings
- Process industry
- Oil, gas and petrochemical industry