M.Tech in Civil Engineering with specialization in Construction Engineering & Management
M.Tech in Construction Engineering and Management (2 years Full-Time / 3 years Part-Time) programme is an interdisciplinary program that focuses on the knowledge & skills required for several domains. It included planning, coordination and successful implementation of large Projects such as design and construction of structures and buildings, ship structures, aircraft, dams, roads and bridges etc. It is a fusion of engineering and management. The M.Tech program in Construction Engineering and Management gives students an insight into scientific principles involved in the successful execution and management of construction projects. Latest technological trends and hands on software training in construction management are integral part of the program. All the courses offered as part of the programmer are designed with professional outlook towards the development of engineering and managerial skills of the graduates.
Market trends of Construction Engineering and Management
- Employment of construction managers is projected to grow 10 percent over the next ten years, faster than the average for all occupations. Construction managers are expected to be needed to oversee the anticipated increase in construction activity over the coming decade.
- Bureau of Labour Statistics has set the average salary of a construction manager of about $23,000 a year. All over the world, the demand for construction managers is expected to grow by 20 times in the next ten years. In India, a construction manager can expect an average salary of INR 8.5 Lakh per annum.
- The desire for project support through smart project management tools software is growing day by day.
- The Construction Management Association of America awards the Certified Construction Manager (CCM) designation to workers who have the required experience and who pass a technical exam.
- ?Artificial Intelligence (AI) is increasingly ensuring greater efficiency in construction management domain [source: AI in the building industry]. Artificial neural networks help in predicting cost overruns. Furthermore, forecast models calculate realistic time constraints for project control.
Unique Selling Points
- Industry ready curriculum ensures learning of cutting-edge technologies which helps the students to head start their career in core industries such as DLF, COWI India Private Ltd., Egis India, Mott MacDonald etc.
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty with extensive academic and research experience. Opportunity to work with faculty on various projects of the department.
- State-of-the-art labs with accreditation from National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) are readily available for hands-on practical work.
- Exposure and involvement in specialized industries for internship and thesis work. Mentoring and guidance provided by industry experts.
- Strong alumni connect help the students in their career guidance.
- MOU’s with various Industries in the field of Construction Managemen Guest lectures and hands-on training by different industry experts.
- Teaching Assistantship to GATE qualified students as also provided by university.
- Specially designed Part Time programme with online classes facility for working professionals.
- Project Manager
- Construction Manager
- Design Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Planning Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Field Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Quantity Surveyor
- Project Document Controller
- Scheduler/Scheduling Engineer