M.Tech in Production and Industrial Engineering
Production and Industrial and engineering utilizes the combined knowledge of manufacturing technology and industrial processes and management to meet industry goals. It gives understanding of applications of industrial engineering in the context of social, global and economic environments.
MTech ME with specialization in production and industrial domain opens multiple avenues for the students aspiring to work in the manufacturing industry within India and abroad. Students gaining special skills in the context of advanced manufacturing systems such as 3-D printing and CNC machining, industrial practices. The students will graduate with a special skill set and values to achieve professional goals in the production and industrial engineering.
Market Trends of Mechanical Engineering Design
- Industry 4.0 is revolutionizing manufacturing by providing manufacturers with the opportunity to utilize advanced manufacturing capabilities and information technology (IT) throughout the product life-cycle. [Hitachi Solutions]
- Predictive maintenance is becoming central to the manufacturer. Smart manufacturing is becoming the norm in the industry. [Association of Equipment Manufacturers]
Unique Selling Points of the Specialization
- Develop an ability to identify, formulate and solve industrial engineering problems
- Explore the application of advanced manufacturing processes in all inter-disciplinary areas
- Career opportunities: Production engineer, project Engineer, quality control engineer, industrial Engineer, supply chain manager, workshop manager, etc.
- Research oriented curriculum with focus on publication of research articles
- Market driven curriculum, updated periodically in consultation with experts from industry and academia.
- State-of-the-art laboratory facility (CAD Lab, IC Engine, Vibration labs, CoE and others) for understanding and undertaking quality research work.
- Efficient and highly qualified faculty members nurturing students for their future endeavours.
- Flexibility in choosing courses to facilitate industry placement and admission in Universities abroad.
- Outstanding industry-academia interaction through expert sessions, industrial visits, internships, professional societies and workshops.
- Emphasis on holistic development of students through promotion of co-curricular activities and professional societies in the department.