B.Tech ME with specialization in Industrial and Production Engineering
Specialization in Industrial and production Engineering caters to the combined knowledge of manufacturing technology and managing industrial processes, and applying that knowledge to produce quality products. An industrial and production engineer is expected to process wide knowledge of preferred engineering practices and awareness about the management challenges related to processes and mass production. The goal is to accomplish the production process in the smoothest, most-judicious and most-economic way. The specialization in this domain opens multiple avenues for the students aspiring to work in manufacturing industry within India and abroad. It prepares the students in gaining specials skills in context of advanced manufacturing system such as 3-D printing and CNC machining centers. The students will graduate with a special skill set and values to achieve professional goal in industrial and mechanical field.
Learning Outcomes of this Track:
- Design feasible project related to production by using various techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for fabrication.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve industrial engineering problems.
- Design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data on completion of yearly based projects.
- Understanding of applications of industrial engineering in context of Social, Global and Economic environment.
- Explore the application of advance manufacturing process in all inter-disciplinary areas.
- Production Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Quality Control Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Industrial Engineer