B.Tech in ECE with specialization in Internet of Things
“If you think that the internet has changed your life, think again. The Internet of Things is about to change it all over again!” as said Mr. Brendan O’Brien, Chief Architect & Co-founder of Aria Systems, clearly sums up the story about the future and rightly explains why all this hype around the Internet of Things.The IoT is when everyday products such as refrigerators, watches, speakers and more connect to the internet and to one another.
B-Tech ECE with Internet of Things specialization offers students with theory and practice to enable themto understand and implement IoT-based applications. The curriculum lays the foundation of IOT fundamentals covering all majorthree distinct stages: 1. Sensors which collect data (including identification and addressing the sensor/device) 2. An application which collects and analyzes this data for further consolidation 3. Decision making and the transmission of data to the decision-making server. Analytical engines and Big data may be used for the decision making process.
Market Trends of Internet of Things (IoT):
- The Internet of Things (IoT) has a potential economic impact of $2.7 to $6.2 T until 2025. (McKinsey)
- The cellular IoT connections is forecasted to grow at 25% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) till 2025. (Ericssion)
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is expected to top $60 trillion during the next 15 years.(Forbes)
- The total revenue generated from IoT industry would be USD 300 billion and the connected devices would be 27 billion by the year end 2020 globally. (Gartner)
Unique Selling Points of the Specialization:
- Industry-oriented curriculum which enables the students prepare for technical careers in developing IoT applications with emphasis on various sensors, IoT Protocols, cloud infrastructure, performance and security in IoT, Hardware interfacing, kind of distributed system needed to support them.
- IoT design considerations, constraints and interfacing between the physical world and device
- Integration of Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and IoT concepts to handle more tasks and make autonomous decisions
- Provides a sound understanding of IoT Cluster network, responsive web design, system to communicate with external hardware and sensors.
- Industry aligned curriculum, designed by Industry Experts
- Well-trained and qualified faculty
- Project Guidance & Mentoring by Industry Experts
- Blended Learning 24 * 7
- Well Equipped Labs for hands on learning
- Holistic Pedagogy–Emphasis on development of additional skills with strong emphasis on:
- Communication & soft skill modules
- Compulsory Foreign Language course
- Large number of open electives with interdisciplinary learning
- Flexibility in curriculum to choose electives
- Exposure through Fine Arts and Liberal Study courses for creative thinking