B.Tech in ECE with specialization in Embedded Systems and VLSI Design
“Through 2020, integration work will account for 50% of the time and cost of building a digital platform” as said Massimo Pezzini, research Vice President and Gartner fellow, clearly signifies that there is undergoing a digital transformation with attention on the sleek new looks, improved efficiency and higher speeds.
B-Tech ECE with Embedded systems & VLSI Design specialization offers students with theory and practice to enable themfor designing and developing IC-based systems(Application Specific Integrated Circuits).The curriculum lays the foundation of VLSI Design fundamentals along with various computer aided design (CAD) tools and methodologies. It also provides the students a broad base and understanding about the semiconductor industry, enabling them lucrative opportunities in future endeavours
Market Trends of Embedded System & VLSI Design:
- The global semiconductor market will be $655.6B in 2025 compared to $342.7B in 2015 with CAGR of 6.7%. (White paper IBS)
- The forecast for revenue by global semiconductor industry will be $415.4B by the end of 2020. (Gartner)
- ‘Make in India’ campaign to promote domestic manufacturing, on the way to setup two fabrication facilities in Gujarat and Utter Pradesh, that gives great thrust to VLSI industry.
- The Indian semiconductor and embedded design industry is expected to earn revenues of $114.2B in 2025 compared to $27.6B in 2015, with a CAGR of 15.3% (India Semiconductor Association (ISA))
Unique Selling Points of the Specialization:
- Industry-oriented curriculum which enables the students prepare for technical careers to design, develop and prototype VLSI systems(both Front end & Back end designs), apply verification methods, design-for-test techniques to IC designs for testable designs and high yield, low power design techniques, mixed mode design methodologies and use hardware description languages to design cores and standalone logic.
- Provides a sound understanding of Embedded system and VLSI methodology to implement various models for gates and synthesize their physical layouts as well as how to validate complex hardware.
- Focus on the development of hands-on skills in designing semiconductor devices and circuits, architecting systems using embedded components such as CPU, memory and peripherals.
- Integration of Artificial Intelligence and Embedded systems concepts to facilitate for smarter decision making.
- Offers strong knowledge in the Embedded system design covering thrust areas, such as, Advanced Embedded Microcontrollers, Real Time Embedded Systems, Advanced Embedded System Design and System On Chip.
- Industry aligned curriculum, designed by Industry Experts
- Well-trained and qualified faculty
- Project Guidance & Mentoring by Industry Experts
- Blended Learning 24 * 7
- Well Equipped Labs for hands on learning
- Holistic Pedagogy–Emphasis on development of additional skills with strong emphasis on:
- Communication & soft skill modules
- Compulsory Foreign Language course
- Large number of open electives with interdisciplinary learning
- Flexibility in curriculum to choose electives
- Exposure through Fine Arts and Liberal Study courses for creative thinking