SPIE, the International Society for Optics and Photonics
Department of Electrical and Electronics Communication, School of Engineering & Technology, The NorthCap University, Gurugram
|SR. NO.||POSITION OF RESPONSIBILITY||NAME||CONTACT NO.||E-MAIL ID|
|Faculty Advisor||Ms. Amanpreet Kaur||–||email@example.com|
|3||Student vice President||Gungun Sainifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Student Treasurer||Vinayak Guptaemail@example.com|
Brief of Society:
SPIE, the International Society for optics and photonics was founded in 1955 to advance light-based technologies.
Serving more than 264,000 constituents from approximately 166 countries, the not-for-profit society advances emerging technologies through interdisciplinary information exchange, continuing education, publications, patent precedent, career and professional growth.
SPIE annually organizes and sponsors approximately 25 major technical forums, exhibitions and education programmes in North America, Europe, Asia and the South Pacific.
In 2017, SPIE provided $4 million in support of education and outreach programmes.
SPIE publishes the SPIE Digital Library, containing more than 463,000 research papers from the Proceedings of SPIE and the Society’s 10 scholarly journals with around 18,000 new papers added each year and more than 320 eBooks from the SPIE Press catalogue. The SPIE Press publishes print monographs, tutorial texts, Field Guides, and reference books. SPIE also publishes a wide variety of open access content.
Objectives of “SPIE”:
- To promote optics and photonics and their applications.
- To facilitate the exchange of information related to optics and photonics through meetings, exhibitions, conferences, publications and other ways.
- To publicize and disseminate information about optics and photonics and matters concerning the profession.
- To encourage the advantage of optics and photonics in education and training those interested in these fields.
- Students may contact faculty advisor or student president for the registration.
- Registration fee: INR 700/- per student for one year membership.
- Appointment of Faculty Advisor by HOD (Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering).
- Appointment of student core team by Faculty Advisor
- Registration of members by student core team under the guidance of Faculty Advisor.
- Scheduling and planning of activities by student core team under the guidance of Faculty Advisor.
- Approval for execution of activities with no financial obligations from Faculty Advisor, HOD and Chairperson Professional Societies.
- Approval for execution of activities with financial obligations from the Governing Body, applications through faculty Advisor, HOD, VC and Chairperson Professional Societies.
- Advertising about the society and its activities by student core team.