National Service Scheme
The National Service Scheme (NSS) has been in operation in The NorthCap University since October 2015. Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Government of India has vide their letter no. F.No P/14/NSS/RCD/112 dated 20 Feb 2015 accorded sanction to open Self Financing University (1 unit consist of 50-100 volunteers). National Service Scheme (NSS) is a platform where students get the opportunity to directly interact with society.
Aim and Objectives
The broad objectives of NSS are to-
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in the problem-solving process
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding a practical solution to individual and community problems
- Develop the competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and a democratic attitude
- Develop the capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- Practice national integration and social harmony.
In short, NSS aims to inculcate social service in the students for the welfare of humanity, sharing their services to society without bias and enhancing their standard of living while leading a life of dignity.
NSS at the North Cap University
NSS NCU Chapter facilitates a space for the student to pursue real issues in our country. Students should have some duties towards society or the nation from where they harmonize. It is also an exercise of learning when students visit ground zero or serve personally. So, NSS NCU Chapter is that platform which facilitates opportunities to do for society, and at the time they acquire diverse knowledge. There is a great role of the youth, particularly young-educated people, in society and nation-building. They have huge potential and enthusiasm to dedicate them to reform, improvement. The real success of the learning is to apply gained knowledge, and NSS NCU Chapter symbolizes the same. NorthCap University contributes to diverse fields, especially by its academic excellence. Besides these, NCU contributes to the field of upliftment of society.
NSS NCU Chapter Activities
There are some remarkable social service activities done by the NSS NCU Chapter. For instance, Blood Donation Camps with collaboration with Rotary; Village Adoption Project (Adopted 2 villages and 4 government schools) focusing on education of children and awareness development among poor section of the village; Stationery Collection and distribution to the poor people and recently organised Residential Camp, an annual 3 days event organised by the NSS NCU Chapter in the adopted village Abheypur, Sohna, Gurugram which develops the courage to face failure and strive to achieve success with determination in volunteers.
NSS NCU CHAPTER is in the process of extending hands in various projects such as:
- Skilled Literacy Program (Start-Up India Campaign)
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Developing and assisting teaching/learning infrastructure in all the adopted Government Schools
- Career Counselling to the students of our adopted govt. school
- Social Rehabilitation of Inmates in Jail (Bhondsi Jail Project)
- Awareness to donate blood and organs