BBA specialization in Business Analytics
Business Analytics is a combination of Business Intelligence, Data Analytics and Computer Programming. It is the science of analyzing data to find out patterns that helps in developing strategies. Its usage can be found in almost every business and industry as well as government departments. The practice relies heavily on statistical analysis, and is employed by organizations to arrive at informed decision-making. Business analytics helps companies get insights about their performance, which serves as a corporate asset, giving them a competitive edge. Business analytics also allows companies to optimize and even automate business processes. The specialization gives you an opportunity to learn data management, data analytics, and decision analytics in order to make strategically sound recommendations and data-driven business decisions—exactly what cutting-edge companies around the world need.
- To provide knowledge in management disciplines with an understanding of its applicability in business decision making for positive social impact.
- To strengthen the foundation for further specialization in area of Business Analytics.
- To inculcate an attitude and desire to learn.
- To develop competent professionals committed to excellence.
- Ability to apply analytical tools and methods to address management challenges
- Developing Analytical, Logical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Develop a deep understanding of the way modern businesses run
- Understanding of Global Business Environment
- Practical exposure with help of Industrial visits and Internship opportunities.
- Imparting Entrepreneurial Skills focused on business analytics
- Improving Effective Communication Skills and holistic personality development
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
On completion of the BBA Business Analytics program offered by the School of Management, The NorthCap University-
- Graduates can start their professional career in field of analytics which has become a quintessential part of modern businesses.
- Graduates can pursue a relevant post-graduate study such as MBA, MSW, MHRM to name a few.
- Graduates can engage in start-ups in the business -analytics domain.
- Graduates will be informed and involved members of their communities and responsible professionals.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
By the end of the BBA Business Analytics programme, students should be able to:
- Develop knowledge and skills in the field of business analytics and learn to analyse data in order to secure meaningful information necessary for businesses in crafting strategies.
- Demonstrate IT knowledge and skills for efficient and effective business processes and develop innovative methods of applying IT and e-commerce for competitive advantage. (IT proficiency)
- Acquire basic knowledge of various disciplines in economics, law, accounting and different functions of management and to and apply the same to real life business processes and system enhancements in a holistic manner. (Multidisciplinary Knowledge).
- Understand the basic concepts of quantitative methods to apply in the study of other disciplines and prepare project reports. (Quantitative Application in Business).
- Acquire the basic legal knowledge related the various business operations. (Law in Business).
- Understand the basic management functions and fundamentals of business management. (Basics Business Management).
- BBA Business Analytics programme allows students understand various environmental problems and their impact on society and business through analytics approach. (Environmental Study).
- Communicate effectively in different business contexts and situations so as to be able to receive and give clear instructions, comprehend, write reports, prepare documentation and make effective presentations. (Communication).
- Demonstrate ethical conduct in personal and professional decisions and of business and an appreciation of the significance of business ethics and social responsibility in the decision-making process through an analytical mindset. (Ethics & Social Responsibility)