LINEAR CONTOL SYSTEMS LABORATORY
Modeling, analysis and control of dynamic systems have interested engineers for a long time. In the recent past, the study of the subject has gained considerable importance on account of three reasons. Before the invention of the digital computer, analytical techniques were used to evaluate the time domain behavior of the systems which were too time consuming and error prone. The system performances were adequately evaluated by the use of digital computer using more detailed models and more complex algorithms.
Keeping the above requirements in view, the experimental set up have been designed in such a way as to give an overall insight into the subject of Linear Control Systems as per the guide lines of M.D. University. These have been elaborated in the ‘Details of Experiments’. Through these experiments, the basic objectives have been to give an over all exposure of Linear Control System Theory to students wherein they would learn about the behavior of various types of control components subjected to different kind of excitations.
In some of the experiments, students would learn about the transient behavior of the control system for different time performance parameters wherein they would learn about the concept of overshoot, undershoot, damping, settling time etc In some other experiments, students are expected to learn about the frequency response characteristics of control systems which would give insight into the study of system stability through techniques of Nyquist Plot, Bode Plot etc. Some of the experiments are designed around MATLAB.The students are expected to learn about the applications of MATLAB software in the design and simulation of control systems and verify the design results to meet the technical specifications.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
1. Study of D.C. Servo Motor.
2. Study of A.C. Servo Motor.
3. Study of A.C. position control system.
4. Study of D.C. position control system.
5. Study of Potentiometer as control component.
6. Study of Magnetic Amplifier as control component.
7. Study of Synchro Transmitter and Receiver as control component.
8. Study of Synchro Pair ( Synchro Transmitter & Receiver).
9. Study of Lead –Lag compensator circuit in control system.
10. Study of Electronic PID control system.
11. Study of Stepper Motor as a control component.
12. Study of MATLAB software and its various capabilities.
VALUE ADDED EXPERIMENTS
1. Study of Root Locus Technique for a given transfer function.
2. Use of MATLAB in control system design.
3. Study of BODE DIAGRAM for a given transfer function.